WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Can anyone describe the scent of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin vs Fall Ginger Pumpkin?

FGP is definitely more on the spicy side. I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not a fan of the FVWP scent. It's a very strong and off putting scent. When I've used the CC I keep getting a whiff of dirt. I don't know how that's possible but I'm just not a fan.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can anyone describe the scent of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin vs Fall Ginger Pumpkin?

@SurferWife wrote:

@sonechko...you're so good at describing scents! I would have never done that good a job!

Hi @SurferWife! Woman Happy You made me blush, because I'm ashamed I can't describe scents, or even smell them in detail! Lol! I only can say, if I like it or not, and maybe some take on emotion-related aspect of a scent.... that's all!

How's King Toby? Our WEN team mascot!

Respected Contributor

HSB, I am on the minority bench with you, I found FVWP to remind me of very strong, incense-like smells, strong and rather smokey.  Since the performance was equivalent to FTP for me, and less beneficial than FGP, I've decided to stick with my original fave, FGP.  I'm also in the minority on the honey complex in the seasonals, it seems to make my scalp itchy, so I tend to stick to seasonals that don't contain it, like FGP, WVM and SOB.  I adore the scents of WRC and SHP, so I rotate them in, but never two days in a row, so I avoid scalp issues.  Thankfully, Chaz makes so many wonderful products I can still get great results and all the variety I love.

Respected Contributor

I smell Madagascar vanilla and sandalwood. It is very rich and decadent.

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me, the predominant scent in FGP is cloves and FVWP is sandalwood. I don't get a pumpkin scent from either of them. Not a fan of either as both are an asthma trigger for me.  I guess I'm pretty much exclusively  a Summer girl.