WEN

Frequent Contributor

Can anyone describe the scent of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin vs Fall Ginger Pumpkin?

I'm had the fall ginger pumpkin and though is smells ok I don't "love it". I'm more of the summer scent "Tropical Paradise". The upcoming TSV is a good deal just wondering if you can really smell any vanilla in the white pumpkin formula. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks Ladies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone describe the scent of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin vs Fall Ginger Pumpkin?

@Misscindy...since you love STP, I recommend Fall Tuscan Pear over FVWP. Stick with fruit. 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can anyone describe the scent of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin vs Fall Ginger Pumpkin?

It does not smell like vanilla as we know it, @Misscindy.  A little hint of organic raw vanilla is there, but not this strong vanilla extract smell, one would expect judging from CC's name.

This CC fragrance bouquet is really beautiful to me - sophisticated, rich and inviting 

- makes me want to take another whiff of... and another!  For me it reminds very yummy Crème Brulee dessert.

The performance is also great according to many.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll be honest, I don't smell either vanilla or pumpkin in the FVWP.   I find the performance of it and the FTP to be similar, so if you don't like the FGP, try the Fall Tuscan Pear.    The FGP was the first seasonal, so it does not have some of the enhancements that later formulas like the Fall Tuscan Pear and Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin have, like the honey and tea complexes.  Since all three formulas are currently available on QVC, I'd suggest you read the list of ingredients for each, that will give you more info on which formula would best suit your hair and scalp types.  Or you could do like many of us will do and order two or three, it's such a fabulous good deal!  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly @CamilleP!  This deal is very good, and both Fall CCs are just wonderful! I mean Fall Tuscan Pair and Fall White Pumpkin Vanilla. They both are great performers and smell good too!

FGP, even though has quite a few fans, does not have all these ingredients, that latest CCs have.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Scent is such a personal thing and varies wildly, as we have noticed in discussions boards. FVWP had a wide reaction. It reminds me mostly of cocoa butter, not bad but not my favorite scent. I love the performance though! I didn't really care for the scent of FGP, spice isn't a favorite of mine. 

I love the scent of Summer Tropical Paradise and it is running a close second to my favorite scent Fall Tuscan Pear. FTP is a clean, fresh crisp pear like STP is a tropical drink with pineapple. I agree with the others, if you enjoyed STP,  FTP would probably be the way to go. 

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Exactly @CamilleP!  This deal is very good, and both Fall CCs are just wonderful! I mean Fall Tuscan Pair and Fall White Pumpkin Vanilla. They both are great performers and smell good too!

FGP, even though has quite a few fans, does not have all these ingredients, that latest CCs have.

Hello @sonechko !....was hoping to see you back..Smiley Happy  I agree, great values, & both scents totally different so fun to have both...

Frequent Contributor

I want to thank all of you ladies for responding!! You have given me some great ideas. I find it interesting that the original Fall ginger pumpkin doesn't have some of the newer ingredients like the other cleansers. That might be why I don't use it as often. The Tropical Paradise works so much better on my thick long hair (even though I'm 58!).....my hair is 4 inches past my shoulder but WEN has kept it that way. I'm thinking of ordering both the Fall Tuscan Pear as many of you recommended as I like the fruity scents but I may order the vanilla white pumpkin for performance. It's a great value and I appreciate all of your information and help. 

Respected Contributor

FWVP reminds me of Shalimar perfume. I like it. My favorite scents are the spicier ones, like FGP and Wen Men
Honored Contributor

@sonechko...you're so good at describing scents! I would have never done that good a job!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.