WEN

Respected Contributor

Can anyone that has gotten the scent Truth please say what it smells like?  I see this really nice deal.  You get the 32 with a jar of the Body Treatment.

Now, before I get it and say OH NO!  I'd like to try to get an idea on it.

Thank you in advance. XO

I've been mulling it over and over.  I was not taken on so much with the blessing series.  I like Hope the best but the others are too much grapefruit and the Love one is WAY too harsh.  I did like Light and got a few NBTs in that but I like when the smell grabs me by the gut! 

Love you guys, you're all so much fun.

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Can anyone that has gotten the scent Truth please say what it smells like?  I see this really nice deal.  You get the 32 with a jar of the Body Treatment.

Now, before I get it and say OH NO!  I'd like to try to get an idea on it.

Thank you in advance. XO

I've been mulling it over and over.  I was not taken on so much with the blessing series.  I like Hope the best but the others are too much grapefruit and the Love one is WAY too harsh.  I did like Light and got a few NBTs in that but I like when the smell grabs me by the gut! 

Love you guys, you're all so much fun.

@77yangya  I too am wondering about this and any of the others as I own none of them.  My issue is so many products give me a instant headache.  Thanks for posting your thoughts on the ones you have tried already.  I will stay away from Love for sure LOL!  and I don't like floral smells most make me feel sick.  

Can you describe Light?  Also what is the CC like in these....very hydrating? I can't use the ultra hydrating CC's in WEN (613/319/Bella Spirit)...my hair just flops and goes fuzzy.  

Respected Contributor

Hi @tsavorite .  Well, Light to me smells like "Grey Flannel".  It's nice though.  Not harsh.  Here's another way I smell it.  Did you ever open a perfume box from brand new, take out the bottle but the scent lingers in the box?  This is what Light reminds me of.   I know it's crazy but I guess I'm not very good at describing.  It's a pleasant smell but a wee bit masculine to my nose.  Yeah, I got Love in the NBT/EDP set and I returned it.  It was WAY too harsh for me.  (Sorry, Chaz. I do love you though).

Hope is nice, it's spicy but in a nice way, deep and rich kind of.  The others were just grapefruit and lavender and I was hoping for something different.  That's what the people go for, something new and different!  LOL! 

Oh, the cleansing conditioner.  Yes, that did my hair NICELY.  I didn't think it was heavy or anything.  My hair is VERY oily and I was very happy with the results.

Hope this helps.  XO

Respected Contributor

Re: Can Someone Elaborate

[ Edited ]

@77yangya  I spent some time reading reviews....and what the notes are in the different choices....the only one that sounded ok MAYBE is Faith.  BUT you are saying it smells like lavender + grapefruit and that combo won't work for me at all.  I dislike lavender...big time.  

I am thinking I will be passing on this offering.  Instead I picked up the 319 20oz. body lotion which is fragrance free.  Think this is the best choice for me instead.

Too bad...but I am so sensitive to fragrance.

Thanks for responding and I hope others offer their opinions on the new Truth soon.

EDIT: Good thing I ordered last night when there was free shipping on this item!  In fact all WEN was free shipping....this morning it's hit or miss on that.  Plus Rakuten offered 10% cash back now it's 1%.  

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@77yangya  I spent some time reading reviews....and what the notes are in the different choices....the only one that sounded ok MAYBE is Faith.  BUT you are saying it smells like lavender + grapefruit and that combo won't work for me at all.  I dislike lavender...big time.  

I am thinking I will be passing on this offering.  Instead I picked up the 319 20oz. body lotion which is fragrance free.  Think this is the best choice for me instead.

Too bad...but I am so sensitive to fragrance.

Thanks for responding and I hope others offer their opinions on the new Truth soon.

EDIT: Good thing I ordered last night when there was free shipping on this item!  In fact all WEN was free shipping....this morning it's hit or miss on that.  Plus Rakuten offered 10% cash back now it's 1%.  

Hi @tsavorite .  yes, the 319 is wonderful for those that are sensitive to smell.  You got the supersize, WOW!  That's great.  I had that.  I loved it.  I love the 613 one too.  It does have a scent but I love the smell of that and it's not harsh at all but I see you're extremely sensitive and must be careful.  However, I do like scent and I like all kinds.  It's just that it has to hit my brain the right way, I guess.  Some smells I like and some, I don't.  I really wasn't thrilled with the Blessing Series and did not choose that.  I got the Black Friday in seasonal.  I really love the new fall and winter scents.  They're lovely and I got everything in them.  I just skipped the oils because I use the Botanical now and don't need the oils.  I'm gonna try Truth and Honesty, which I think is in the Black Friday thing.  I saw them mentioning it on the show today.  If I'm not thrilled, I'll just not get those but I will try.  In short, the ones I think are the best are Light and Hope.  Others liked Joy and Love.  I think SurferWife has one of those in a lot of ancillary stuff too.  Yes, I hope others post their experiences with the Blessing ones as they may shed better "Light" pun intended on the matter.  XO

Respected Contributor

Okay...I got my orders.  The sample of Honesty, well, I was not too impressed.  At first spritz, it was heavy cucumber then it dried down to this scent that to my nose was "tinny".  I cannot really say what the note was but I'm not a fan of this scent.  Just like the name, I want to BE honest.  I'm not going to say I love it if I don't.  I do love Chaz and I'm an 11 year Wen girl but that's what my nose told me.

Anyway, I took the new Pink Lemonade and the Poppy ones in the shower today and used them both for first and second cleanses. 

Poppy has a very strange scent to it.  It's powdery, cucumber, some orange but I never smelled anything like that.  It's derived from a plant that grows out west.  Some of the extract is in there.  I love the cleansing conditioner and the results but would not get the NBT.  The Pink Lemonade is mostly strawberry and some fruity notes.  BOTH of these scents are NOT floral though.  NOT to my nose.  They are VERY astringent, nice, squeaky clean and NO "cold" feeling like th menthol gives you.  Again....I love Chaz so much and as long as I live, I'll love him like a brother but every nose has different taste.  I mean NO disrespect to him, ever.  My hair and body would NOT be the way it is without Wen.  I get compliments all the time. 

Respected Contributor

Please forgive me for posting twice.  The results of Pink Lemonade and Poppy are amazing.  They seem to just kick tangles right out of my hair.  I had NONE and I skipped cleansing the day before, have VERY oily hair, had tons of Botanical in there.  Had it up, down, up, down.  Blew in the wind, caught in the rain.  I was a mess.. LOL!

Cleansed with these two new ones and NO NO NO tangles!!!!!  Hair is bouncy, shiny, so full of life.  Soft, swishy, just amazing.

I will buy these cleansing conditioners again but no NBTs.  I will get the mousses and meeces in it and the styling creme in these.  LOL.  Seriously I will though.

This is my thesaurus of my experience of the new scents.  LOL!

Just wanted ta make ya laugh but my experience is true even though I love to joke!

Respected Contributor

Re: Can Someone Elaborate

[ Edited ]

@77yangya wrote:

Please forgive me for posting twice.  The results of Pink Lemonade and Poppy are amazing.  They seem to just kick tangles right out of my hair.  I had NONE and I skipped cleansing the day before, have VERY oily hair, had tons of Botanical in there.  Had it up, down, up, down.  Blew in the wind, caught in the rain.  I was a mess.. LOL!

Cleansed with these two new ones and NO NO NO tangles!!!!!  Hair is bouncy, shiny, so full of life.  Soft, swishy, just amazing.

I will buy these cleansing conditioners again but no NBTs.  I will get the mousses and meeces in it and the styling creme in these.  LOL.  Seriously I will though.

This is my thesaurus of my experience of the new scents.  LOL!

Just wanted ta make ya laugh but my experience is true even though I love to joke!

@77yangya 

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts on the new CC's, 

It sounds like you enjoyed the results even if not the scents so much..Smiley Happy It was nice you shared...

Respected Contributor

Awwwwwwww,  quadmimi, you're welcome. XO