WEN

Trusted Contributor

Hi All! I have a question to which I could not find a clear answer. Is SC in damp hair, even in the absence of blow drying, a treatment? I know that is not the intended purpose, but I was wondering if it could have those properties.

I ask because I've discovered some differences in how my hair responds to my BGT styling and my WWC styling. The WWC is definitely a bit heavier. WWC SC & mousseeeee moo makes my curls really strong, but my hair is more tightly wound and two ply looking rather than being fuller and three dimensional. Using BGT SC & mousse on day one and reviving with WWC mousse on day two is great. Mixing BGT and both mousseeeeee moos on day one is great. Adding in the WWC SC to any combination seems to bring the heaviness. Thus, I reasoned that it must be that the SC is heavier, perhaps due to the absence of bamboo water. HOWEVER, I thought perhaps that indicated that it is more treatment-y. Is this wishful thinking?

If the SC is treatment-y, then I will use it with inention when I'm just air drying and hanging around the house. If not, then I might just chalk it up and use it strictly to smell good on those same at home days.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Trusted Contributor

@yisbuff2 the styling creme is a 3-in-1....a light leave-in conditioner, soft gel for hold and polishing gloss for shine so yes using the SC on wet hair when air drying is providing treatment and protection for your hair. 

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

@bruingirl wrote:

@yisbuff2 the styling creme is a 3-in-1....a light leave-in conditioner, soft gel for hold and polishing gloss for shine so yes using the SC on wet hair when air drying is providing treatment and protection for your hair. 

Thanks @bruingirl! I found it hard to believe anything has just one feature. Smiley Happy Bring on the smell good leave in!

Trusted Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@bruingirl wrote:

Thanks @bruingirl! I found it hard to believe anything has just one feature. Smiley Happy Bring on the smell good leave in!

@yisbuff2 you're welcome!  

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2, thanks for sharing this information. It's really interesting to read that you are getting different results with different styling creme and moussie moo combinations. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2, thanks for sharing this information. It's really interesting to read that you are getting different results with different styling creme and moussie moo combinations. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I so enjoy thinking through these things! I have learned so much you all. I'm happy to share.

Valued Contributor

Think WWC SC is heavier than some of the others. When I first used it thought I applied too much and applied less the next time. My hair felt really heavy. It also takes longer for my hair to dry when using the WWC SC and think its because it 'coats' the hair. Like it and have found myself reaching for it often and it really defines my waves....but it is heavier for some reason?

Honored Contributor

I know everyone is not the same, but I have found that whatever the WEN product if I use it as directed it gives me the best result.

Trusted Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

Think WWC SC is heavier than some of the others. When I first used it thought I applied too much and applied less the next time. My hair felt really heavy. It also takes longer for my hair to dry when using the WWC SC and think its because it 'coats' the hair. Like it and have found myself reaching for it often and it really defines my waves....but it is heavier for some reason?

@segrl21 I completely agree with you! Yes, that is exactly right. I am getting the hang of it now. It is really defining as well. My curls are tougher and longer lasting, which is awesome. It is all so interesting!

Trusted Contributor

@baker wrote:

I know everyone is not the same, but I have found that whatever the WEN product if I use it as directed it gives me the best result.

Good point @blackhole99!