WEN

Respected Contributor

Can Everyone Please Say Their Leave In Regimen

I was reading about the towel thing and it really is a good thread.  I was hoping some could post how they do their regimen after final rinse.  I'd like to make sure I'm doing it right and maybe get some tips.  Thank you.  I'd appreciate it if you guys aren't too busy.  Whenever you get a chance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can Everyone Please Say Their Leave In Regimen

@77yangya I'm not sure there's a "right" or "wrong" way to do leave-ins! Woman Happy

Here's my routine for my thick, layered chin-length bob:

ALWAYS 1.5 or 2 pumps of styling creme mixed with 10-11 sprays of RTM (2 oz. bottle--I think the size of the bottle makes a difference in how much comes out when you spray).

OCCASIONALLY I'll add  4-6 pumps of mousse.

RARELY I add 1/2 to 1 pump of CC.

Whenever I do the above it is in the shower, soaking wet hair, all mixed together in my hand and applied at once.

Then I wrap hair in a microfiber towel for 20-30 minutes while I eat breakfast and do makeup.

When I unwrap my hair, and before blow-drying, I do 1.5 -2 pumps of Glossing Serum mixed with 10-11 sprays of Volumizing Treatment Spray OR a salt spray. Then I blow dry using a diffuser.

Sometimes I wait until hair is mostly dry before applying the spray/glossing serum combo, then finish drying.

Have I completely confuse you? Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

My fine, oily hair is past my shoulders and I use the following after I rinse my second cleanse:

• 2 (16oz) pumps of CC
  • 3 pumps of SC
  • 12 pumps of mousse

I squeeze the excess water out with my hands, then wrap my hair up in a microfiber towel, turban-style. I leave the towel on until I get dressed then take it down, comb and go. I leave it down to air dry as long as possible, then twist it up into a clip.

I get great volume with this method. If you had told me a few years ago that I could put all that stuff in my fine, oily hair and get light, fluffy hair, I would've called you crazy. But it works!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I put a very small amount of CC, styling cream, and glossing serum on my soaking wet hair, and gently put a turbo twisty towel around my hair to avoid dripping.

Once out of the shower I put on my facial serums and treatments while the towel is still on my hair.  

Then I take off the towel, put around 10 pumps of 613 or Lavender mousse in my hair, and  blow dry using medium heat. A few times I put 20 pumps in just to see what happened. Actually, that was pretty amazing! But I was going thru the container too fast.

I previously put the mousse on while in the shower, with the CC, styling cream, and glossing serum; however, I find the mousse works better on me if my hair is not soaking wet.

Honored Contributor

Mine is very easy, lol.

After the last rinse I am usually done. IF I use a leave in, these days it is either Living Proof 5-in-1, SHL oil, No.4 prep and protect or  the SHL RTM. If I use it, I apply it to towel dried hair, not soaking wet because these products don't need to be applied to soaking wet hair.

But for the most part I bypass any leave in and only apply something to my hair after it is dried and looks like it needs a little extra something (rarely). In that case I prefer a tiny bit of the SHL oil or spritz of the SHL RTM all over (I like to do this just for the scent sometimes!).

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep it simple.  Mostly because this is an expensive line of products for me.  I find very little difference in using the styling cremes vs. a couple of pumps of a CC, with 613 being my favorite to use for this purpose.  Sometimes, I will rub a little oil between my hands and apply that to the ends as well.  I get great results.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

On days when I want a straighter style, I put half a pump of CC through midshaft and ends, followed by one pump of styling creme mixed with one pump of glossing serum. Then I blow dry the top, and dry the mid-shaft ends part way. 

Once the midshaft and ends finish air drying, I use a heated brush to straighten and smooth. I wish I didn't have to do this but I do.

On days I want a curlier style, I still put half pump of CC in as leave in, followed by the the styling creme and glossing serum. I then blow dry the top.  After that, I apply about 5 pumps of mousse to wet midshaft and ends, work it into the hair by twisting, then comb through with Wen comb (very important!) and let air dry. This procedure gives me very defined, bouncy curls without frizz. 

5 pumps of mousse is a lot for me, my hair is very fine. Any more seems excessive.

I probably will not repurchase the glossing serum once I use my current supply. For me it doesn't seem to make a big difference.

Edited to add, I blowdry the top, always, because I have fine, wispy bangs, and if I don't blow dry they kink and curl all up and look silly :-).

Respected Contributor

After my final rinse (where I comb water through my hair to clean out any residue):

1.  Spray the top 1/3 of my hair with RTM

2.  Mix 4 drops of treatment oil with 1 pump CC (from a 32 oz bottle; 2 pumps from a 16 oz bottle)

3.  Mix in my hand and run through the pony tail part of my hair only

4.  Wrap in towel (do not rub or towel dry, just wrap around it)

5.  Remove towel and put 2 pumps of SC in my hand

6.  Put SC through the pony tail part of my hair and comb through

7.  If it is a work from home day, I'm done; I just let it air dry

8.  If I have to go to work, I put 4 pumps of mousse into my hair - mostly the top and pony tail part of my hair and blow dry and run a flat iron through quickly

Respected Contributor

Thank you very much for all the replies.  I'm going to read them when I have time.  I want to study them when I'm not in a hurry.  I asked because I would apply leave in directly from the shower stream and after that I would wring my hair and then apply the styling creme.  I found that if I did not wring and apply both it came out MUCH better.  I have long hair so I need moisture at the ends and mid lengths.  My husband thinks I'm nutso because I'm such a hair fanatic.  Thank you all for posting.  I have 2 sisters that will not share with me, anything.  Most of my friends from years ago I lost touch with (moved away or just drifted).  Thank you very much.  I like to communicate with people that enjoy talking about hair and the products for hair (especially Wen).  I didn't mean to sound weird with the question.  Thanks so very much.

Trusted Contributor

Half pump CC to soaking wet hair.

1 pump styling creme to soaking wet hair.

Squeeze water out by twisting hair. 

Cotton towel.

Note: I avoid crown area.  My hair is never tangled anymore.