WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CHECK OUT "NEW" HAIR CARE FINDS ON THE Q

@Drythe. Also there is a red carpet show from LA on the 28th.  You know where my thoughts went when I saw that.  It will be interesting to see, if I watch.  I don't think the pick for host is appropriate sorry but she will never be a "Lisa" 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

That page is for new hair care brands and products. WEN isn't a new brand to the Q and the newest WEN products are skincare and fragrances, not hair care items, so they wouldn't belong there anyway. WEN had a lot of new sets and items released in December, but there are no new WEN items this month.

WEN took a big hit from the lawsuit and the publicity and QVC's a business that has to react to that. We'll have to see where it goes from here.

@ChynnaBlue

I think you missed my point.

To your first point, WEN Light treatment spray is new.

To your other point, Nick is also not a new vendor to the Q.

Not wanting to, or going to fuss, just stating the facts, and inequities as I see them.

Nick is not a new vendor, but all the Nick products listed on the page are tagged as "NEW" in the system. If you run a search with "Wen +new" in the system, nothing comes up, so nothing appears on the new hair care products page. WEN Light Treatment Spray is not available in the system, so it doesn't appear on the page. The computer is pulling hair care items tagged with the word NEW. 

It's computer coding, not a plot.

Frequent Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Hello fellow Wenners!

If you go up and click on the large red Q at the logo, then scroll down a bit, you will see a box which says 'explore these new hair care finds' or something similar.  Click on it.

It is very interesting - see WHO IS THERE, AND WHO IS NOT.

Could not be MORE obvious.

Makes me angry and sad.

Wonder just how much money our very talented magician has pulled in for them over the years?

Sign me disgusted.  Especially knowing that one of the listed was cited for using a known carcinogen.  Were there consequences?

@Drythe

Completely agree with you.  On the homepage it's "New Haircare Brands & Arrivals", all the brands are new to the Q except for one brand who's been at the Q for years, years and more years.  The items they're listing as new from this brand were on air during December.  To me, they're no more new than WEN Light NBT.  Plus, Chaz had the seasonal edp's that were new with many new fragrances in the sets. 

I do feel they've been pushing two brands a lot more than WEN.  Which is very sad to me.  Regardless of the lawsuit, WEN still won as the best "shampoo" last year.  I'm tired of seeing the other brands with their fried hair and pushing their hair products and styling products. 

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR TEAM WEN TO ARRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

Hello fellow Wenners!

If you go up and click on the large red Q at the logo, then scroll down a bit, you will see a box which says 'explore these new hair care finds' or something similar.  Click on it.

It is very interesting - see WHO IS THERE, AND WHO IS NOT.

Could not be MORE obvious.

Makes me angry and sad.

Wonder just how much money our very talented magician has pulled in for them over the years?

Sign me disgusted.  Especially knowing that one of the listed was cited for using a known carcinogen.  Were there consequences?

@Drythe,

I think since starting BeautyIQ , QVC has had a lot of requests for more new beauty products and more product variety from the audience they're trying to cultivate. I think this atention grabber was aimed at the QVC audience that feels they have already seen all the beauty products QVC has to offer, and this list of NEW come-ons is just a response to that. BeautyIQ still devotes pre-scheduled weekly airtime to WEN'sDay.

p.s. Yes, I'd like a 24/7 WEN channel too.

Respected Contributor

Well, it's just that it isn't among those large pictures of other items but if you navigate to the link beauty and click Wen is there along with all the other beauty brands.  It's nice you want to stick up for Chaz.  The other poster is right in that Wen is really not new to the Q.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to post twice but something struck me, I don't think that bogus law suit really means anything because Wen sells big time.  We all know and they all know the REAL grudge is against Guthy Renker who is located in El Sigundo, CA which I think is the low end of CA.  I think alot of people had a grudge against them because of their awful business practices and one of them is out sourcing to down right bullying.  They took it out on Chaz and Wen.  We all know and they all know there is nothing in Wen that harmed anyone.  I saw a video on Google with this girl named Selena Esparza.  She's in what looks like a garage and washing her hair in a sink that I would not wash my shoes in and on the phone telling Guthy Renker that she has Wen in her hair and it's falling out.  Notice that the camera does not show the top of her head, it only shows some hair hanging down.  She's crying the blues, boo hoo and at finish she holds up a section of hair all matted.  To me it honestly looked like a wig.  There were NO bald spots at all, in fact her head had so much hair, it was enough for two people.  We all know Wen does not make hair knotted or matted, it does just the opposite, it makes hair soft, silky and tangle free.  Sorry, had to vent.

Valued Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Sorry to post twice but something struck me, I don't think that bogus law suit really means anything because Wen sells big time.  We all know and they all know the REAL grudge is against Guthy Renker who is located in El Sigundo, CA which I think is the low end of CA.  I think alot of people had a grudge against them because of their awful business practices and one of them is out sourcing to down right bullying.  They took it out on Chaz and Wen.  We all know and they all know there is nothing in Wen that harmed anyone.  I saw a video on Google with this girl named Selena Esparza.  She's in what looks like a garage and washing her hair in a sink that I would not wash my shoes in and on the phone telling Guthy Renker that she has Wen in her hair and it's falling out.  Notice that the camera does not show the top of her head, it only shows some hair hanging down.  She's crying the blues, boo hoo and at finish she holds up a section of hair all matted.  To me it honestly looked like a wig.  There were NO bald spots at all, in fact her head had so much hair, it was enough for two people.  We all know Wen does not make hair knotted or matted, it does just the opposite, it makes hair soft, silky and tangle free.  Sorry, had to vent.

@77yangyaYes, I saw the same video - Utter nonsense!  The hair in the sink looks like extensions strategically placed and the video never shows the hair actually coming off her head (probably, of course, because it DIDN'T really come off her head).  I'm sure GR let her have her WEN for free when she complained.   What a crock! Smiley LOL  

Super Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Sorry to post twice but something struck me, I don't think that bogus law suit really means anything because Wen sells big time.  We all know and they all know the REAL grudge is against Guthy Renker who is located in El Sigundo, CA which I think is the low end of CA.  I think alot of people had a grudge against them because of their awful business practices and one of them is out sourcing to down right bullying.  They took it out on Chaz and Wen.  

I've had the same thought about GR. I would say the one unfortunate thing with Wen is the GR connection. People don't realize there's a difference between Chaz' salon and GR's products. I do want to add that there's not a product out there that hasn't caused someone to have an allergic reaction, so I'm not discounting that in some cases.

Esteemed Contributor

Quite right @RipleyGirl. I never bought Wen from Guthy Renker and didn't realize they distributed a different formula of SAM until I read it in a post HERE, in the last month or two.
Trusted Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

@77yangyaYes, I saw the same video - Utter nonsense!  The hair in the sink looks like extensions strategically placed and the video never shows the hair actually coming off her head (probably, of course, because it DIDN'T really come off her head).  I'm sure GR let her have her WEN for free when she complained.   What a crock! Smiley LOL  

@77yangya @qtrmoonlady1, I noticed two things about that "bogus" video.

1) she started to detangle her hair from the roots down, instead of starting at the ends; or maybe she just stuck a comb in her tangled hair, and never tried to get the tangles out.

2) showing the shed hairs in the sink (without counting them, individually) was misleading, because her hair's really long; so when one strand of hair coils and overlaps on itself, it can look like multiple strands.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️