Trusted Contributor

@LAMS wrote:

@bruingirl is the best!  I hope to meet her one day Smiley Happy

thank you @LAMS  and ditto!

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Suz585

Just watched your visit with Chaz!  It was an excellent Peri. and looked like SO much fun.  Thank you for sharing with us.

Your hair is beautiful!  The color is great and looks as though it will blend well as it grows.

I heard SHL - EDP in March, he said "they already know about this one." Chaz know us well!

I'm so happy for you and glad you had this wonderful Bucket List experience.

Safe trip home.

@Drytheso glad you were able to watch the scopes!  And in case you didn't know that was me at the very end of @Suz585's reveal taking pics with her behind the halo lights 

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:
@HappyDaze - you are right, @bruingirl is a special lady! I'm very jealous she is able to go to the salon on a regular basis, rather than it having to be "a bucket list" item!

Smiley Embarassedthank you @Suz585!

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Suz585, I was finally able to watch your second periscope video last night (shortly before it expired). Thank you so much for setting up the periscope video and letting us all join in vicariously.  Smiley Happy

I really enjoyed watching one of our own experience the joy of an appointment with Chaz. 

You looked beautiful before but Chaz's expertize just pumped everything up a notch. You looked amazing!!! Smiley Happy

I hope you and your husband really enjoy the rest of your time on vacation!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. You looked amazing in your taupe shirt. -- Real taupe (and not tan) is one of my favorite colors and it really compliments people who have pink undertones to their skin (like you and me). *s*

@bebe777 Thanks for watching, as you saw, it was a ton of fun! Chaz is a master at his craft! There are more WEN shirts available than what's listed online. I was surprised to see so many choices! I did ask bruingirl to show all the combs, knowing how much you appreciate a good comb. 😊 The rest of our trip was nice, thanks! 

LOL! yes I remember giving the wen combs some camera love!  Just an FYI - I did 3 of the scopes that day....the ones titled "update", "new space" and "wow"  

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

@Suz585 and @bruingirl, a wenderful photo of a Wen comb -- or combs, which is even better -- is always appreciated!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Suz585, I know I should have mentioned this way before now but, if you happen to read this before your appointment -- which I realize is very unlikely -- could you ask Chaz: 

* When we are likely to see these products that are in the pipeline:

--- new beachwave product

--- Wen Men Styling creme

* What the upcoming Wen Signature EDP smells like is is it still likely to be available in June

* Pink Jasmine Peony -- when will it be available at QVC, and is it wheat, soy or rice based? 

* Can he give us any hints regarding additional upcoming Seasonals or fragrances

Thanks... and really sorry about asking these questions so late. *s*

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 - new beach wave spray - he is working on. No timeline yet. Summer would be nice, but again no time line. 

WEN Men styling cream and texture cream are available at the salon. I didn't see this on the Chazdean.com web site yet. I did not smell nor try these. 

Signature WEN EPD - I didn't ask

PJP is SOY based. It will be available 2/1 on QVC and at the salon. The bottle is BEAUTIFUL. The "creative" on this is just breathe taking. The scent is, of course, very floral, really nice. I can give a touch more info on this on Monday. 

Upcoming fragrances

Spring Honey Lilac - smells divine! To me, it smells just like the CC, amazing, no powder scent, just pure lilacs (to me). 

Summer Honey Peach - I can't wait for this! It has staying power, smells just like the CC, warm, juicy, mouth watering Peach n Honey. 

2016 Fall seasonal is  . . . . WOW . . . . I think the Fall lovers will be happy. I just drive 4 hrs in the car with my hair smelling of 2016 Fall and I am amazed and in love! I don't want to sleep on it or spray it for fear of losing the scent, it's THAT good! 

I'll post all about the appointment and how wonderful it was, how nice everyone is, how beautiful the grounds are, once I get back home this weekend. 

Thanks for all the warm thoughts from those on this forum and a SPECIAL THANK YOU to BRUINGIRL for taking time out of her life to meet me, spend the afternoon with me and periscope my appointment! She is a supremely lovely delightful lady! 

@Suz585, thank you so much for sharing this information. I really appreciate it. I'm going to add this info to the recent Wen - new products in the pipeline...  thread. -- Thanks so much for describing the upcoming Wen EDPs!!! Smiley Happy

I am so curious to find out more about the upcoming Fall Seasonal scent, lol, but I'll be good. Smiley Wink

If it's not revealing any secrets, I did want to ask you a question about Chaz's upcoming Signature EDP. -- During your periscope video, Chaz had you sniff the Signature EDP that was on his wrists. He let you sniff each of his wrists and he mentioned that there were two versions. I was wondering if that meant that there would be two distinct Signature EDPs, or if these were just two different test versions. -- I'm not trying to have you give away any State secrets... just the info that it's a;right to share. *s*

Suz585, I'm sooo glad that you had such a great visit and that your hair looks sooo very good!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

THANK YOU to everyone who watched the periscopes, read this thread, and / or commented here. I am truly touched by everyone's kindness on this board! You all make me feel special, Thanks!

Here goes, my day at Chaz Dean Studio

His salon is a few blocks away from Hollwood Blvd in a neighborhood. He has transformed bungalows into salons. Parking can be tight, the lot is small. Not a lot signage, you have to be looking for the salon to find it. Luckily I had a good GPS.

I arrived early to the appointment. His assistant offered me tea while I waited. I was given a menu of teas to choose from. I can't recall which I had, but it was delicious. The salon is very cozy. I started chatting to a lady sitting on the couch while her highlights were processing, only to be star struck when Miss Riley and Hunter came into the room. They are soooo soft and well behaved! And larger, well taller, than I expected. Riley jumped up on the couch between us and claimed her space. So precious! Hunter walked around a bit then went back upstairs.

Chaz introduced himself, then I received a hug! He is so nice and gracious and even more handsome in person! I sat in the chair and we discussed my use of WEN and what he was going to do. I told him color and cut was up to him, I didn't care. I told him I've been using WEN for about 3 years, I use TT CC for the first cleanse followed up with 6/13 and a seasonal. For the past 9 months, or so, I rarely use a blow drier or heat on my hair. He was happy to hear this. He didn't recommend any products or scents to me. I did share I have not mastered using the mousse, he showed me how when he blow dried my hair. We took my before shots upstairs. The Angels were there getting their weekly massages. Such sweet dogs!

He added a few droppers of 6/13 oil to my hair before he started the high, mid, and lowlights. We discussed new and old products. He let me try the SHP EDP. It is divine! I can't wait to get one in June. I enjoyed sitting in his chair, next to me was a table full of tester products. I couldn't decipher what they all meant, but he is working on a lot of things! He didn't give me a straight answer on FAS not returning. I asked which of the seasonals would be in gallons this June. Again, he didn't give me a straight answer, but said they might be doing something different this year. Based on the formulas we had discussed, he said I would be happy with what is being offered. There was sooo much more I wanted to ask him, but I didn't want to come across as a WEN stalker, so I choose to insert my questions randomly.

I did not get to ask him about milk n honey or the manukau honey, goats milk. Sorry.
6/13 BCC he said he is working on it, it is just taking a lot longer.
Beach spray - again, he is working on it, but it is taking longer than expected.
BGT EDP is in the works, but not coming out any time soon.
SHL CC was truly really that popular. There were not any shipping issues, it was just really really popular.
EDP sample sizes, or trios, I didn't get to ask him.

Bruingirl came to the salon to meet me. I was very touched she took time out of her day to meet a stranger and spend the afternoon with me! She is a very lovely lady with great opinions and a good sense of humor! I look forward to getting to know her better in the months to come (perhaps my next appointment . . . . Haha . . . . We can do lunch or something)!

The salon grounds are well manicured and breath taking. A lot of care and planning went into making them so beautiful. The grounds are very "zen" and a lot of fountains.

The new retail space just opened. It's gorgeous! The door wall completely opens to a large fountain/ wall of water. I've never seen so many WEN products in one room all together like that before. It made me feel better about my enormous stash. Lol! There are a lot of shirts, more than what's on his website. I did notice WEN men styling cream, WEN Men control paste, and WEN kids travel packets. I haven't seen these anywhere else.

The assistant washed my hair and asked me which CC I preferred. I went with MIF & 6/13. My ReMoist was 6/13 based (?) with oils added to it. I think it was a cross between a glossing and a traditional ReMoist. I tried to ask the assistant which ReMoist she was using. She said 6/13 and something else, I didn't feel comfortable trying to ask more or correct her. I sat under the halo (heat) for an hour with the ReMoist in and chatted with Bruingirl.

Chaz was busy and multi-tasking all day. Such a pro, never missing any detail! He checked how my hair was being rinsed, in cold water. I thought it was cold enough to have been shipped in from the Arctic, but he insisted it be cold. It was.

The towels used looked to be normal salon towels. Perhaps not too "fluffy" but these were not microfiber. The assistant took care not to overly use the towel too much.

The cut and blow out was nice. He used the new fall 2016 as leave in, styling cream, and mousse. It smells great! And has legs, I could smell it for days afterwards. The after pictures were fun to take as well! I felt very welcomed! I was a bit unprepared to jump up and down and sway my head at the same time for the slow motion video as I was in heels. Now I know how Kat felt when Chaz asked her to do it on live TV. Haha I'm not very coordinated and the space was tight, so this was a challenge for me.

It it was a great experience! It was an amazing day! I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to book another appointment with him next year!

@Suz585, wow!!! Thank you for sharing your salon visit with Chaz with all of us. I really enjoyed reading it. It sounds as though you had a great time. And I really appreciate all the wenformation. Smiley Happy

The grounds sound very peaceful. I'm glad you had gotten there early so as to be able to take in the whole experience. Smiley Happy

It was great to read all of the extra little details that were involved in your salon visit (e.g. a few drops of 613 oil in your hair before starting with the highlights).

Thank you for asking so many questions about upcoming product. -- It sounds as though QVC probably has not given Chaz a question as to what they want to do with the Seasonals for the upcoming Seasonal year. And that they might be changing up the Seasonals gallons timetable this year. Poor Chaz! QVC doesn't make it easy for him. 

I'm so glad that you got to spend some quality time with Riley and Hunter!!! Smiley Happy

I was wondering if you would mind reposting this post (and your other info post (which is just above this) in the Wen - new products in the pipeline...  thread. I'm going to update my initial post in this thread to include your new info. -- But I thought that having your complete posts in this thread, as well, would be really appreciated. *s* If you don't know how to "cut & paste" I'd be happy to do it... but, of course, it's your decision as to whether or not you want to have your posts in this thread as well. 

If I remember correctly, @Petrilla (aka Lacey Skye) has an appointment with Chaz later this month, and @World Traveler just mentioned that she will be seeing Chaz in March. -- This is sooo exciting that so many Wen forums members are getting to see Chaz!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

LOL! Chaz doesn't give much away does he?  Smiley Wink  Smiley Wink  

live....laugh....love
Valued Contributor

Re: Bucket List

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@Suz585, thank you so much for sharing this information. I really appreciate it. I'm going to add this info to the recent Wen - new products in the pipeline...  thread. -- Thanks so much for describing the upcoming Wen EDPs!!! Smiley Happy

I am so curious to find out more about the upcoming Fall Seasonal scent, lol, but I'll be good. Smiley Wink

If it's not revealing any secrets, I did want to ask you a question about Chaz's upcoming Signature EDP. -- During your periscope video, Chaz had you sniff the Signature EDP that was on his wrists. He let you sniff each of his wrists and he mentioned that there were two versions. I was wondering if that meant that there would be two distinct Signature EDPs, or if these were just two different test versions. -- I'm not trying to have you give away any State secrets... just the info that it's a;right to share. *s*

Suz585, I'm sooo glad that you had such a great visit and that your hair looks sooo very good!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 thanks again for your kind words!

Please add whatever you would like from my posts to another thread. I'm not very proficient when it comes to these boards, or to computers in general.

I believe Chaz is working on one signature scent. The two arms I smelled were nice, although I liked his right arm more than the left. The signature scent, if that is what I smelled on Chaz, I can't recall any details to share. Sorry. 

**Suz**
Valued Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

I was wondering if you would mind reposting this post (and your other info post (which is just above this) in the Wen - new products in the pipeline...  thread. I'm going to update my initial post in this thread to include your new info. -- But I thought that having your complete posts in this thread, as well, would be really appreciated. *s* If you don't know how to "cut & paste" I'd be happy to do it... but, of course, it's your decision as to whether or not you want to have your posts in this thread as well. 

If I remember correctly, @Petrilla (aka Lacey Skye) has an appointment with Chaz later this month, and @World Traveler just mentioned that she will be seeing Chaz in March. -- This is sooo exciting that so many Wen forums members are getting to see Chaz!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Please feel free to cut n paste whatever you would like from my post. I'm not very proficient with a computer. 

Its exciting to hear of many more appointments coming for the wen forum ladies! Hopefully some of them will be periscopes so we can all watch! 

**Suz**