WEN

Regular Contributor

Re: Body Cleanser Pomegranate

I emailed Chaz's customer service.  Craig Register replied to me.  Here is what he said:

Lisa,

Those products have not been officially discontinued yet, but there are no current plans to manufacture more of them, as they don't sell well and end up sitting in a warehouse until they have to be recycled and disposed of. We will bring this up with Chaz and the team and see what Chaz thinks. He only uses these body cleansers exclusively too.

Sincerely,

WEN® Customer Support

So, maybe there is hope to see them again in the future!  In the mean time, I did buy some 319 body cleanser and plan on adding some WEN oils and try out a few combinations.  

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:
@LAMSwell I’ll give you a little laugh. My husband said something about Chaz right after I got off the phone with the salon and I said a few choice words and my husband was like WHOA what did he do? He’s really on your s list . Hahaha the only other thing that annoyed me was when he changed the WVM labels.

@ANewHue Well, that was just plain rude, right? How dare he change that beautiful, original label for the vanilla mint! I'm with you on that. If I would have had my senses about me at the time, I wouldn't have thrown out the original bottle, just kept filling it up with the contents of the new labelled bottle and toss THAT bottle out.

One time I asked him about it, and he said that the revised one was more realistic. I told him I liked the original better. We moved on to another subject. Smiley LOL

His comment surprised me because I thought all of his labels that he photographed were realistic....the photo was the actual scene he shot. Makes it sound like either the printer or he played around with the lighting or final colors on the label. Just have been something that bugged him. Know the feeling. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @worldtraveler yes that still annoys me . Too many of the bottles now are green or red . I saved/save all my original WVM bottles. As a matter of fact as I was in the shower yesterday using my WVM I was thinking about this. I had the remoist, sc and UNIBT with the new label and my cc with the original. The new labels just don’t cut it . I wish Chaz would re-consider.
Esteemed Contributor

@worldtraveler he took that pic outside the hotel in PA so you can imagine how long ago that was. That label needs to be brought back!!
Esteemed Contributor

Another fan of the original WVM label! 

Respected Contributor

I think the new Winter Vanilla Mint labels being green is so much better.  That washed out, drab blue was not appealing.

Mint should be green to me.  When it first changed, years ago, it enticed me to buy more.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya have to say we need agree to disagree on this one. The blue WVM label made it standout from all the others. The WVM scent is a star and it should stand out. I remember the winter back East when the pic was taken and I think the blue captures the “coolness” of the scent.
Esteemed Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:
@77yangyahave to say we need agree to disagree on this one. The blue WVM label made it standout from all the others. The WVM scent is a star and it should stand out. I remember the winter back East when the pic was taken and I think the blue captures the “coolness” of the scent.

Hi!  Here's the label history, per Chaz:

I remember when the label switched from blue to green, and Chaz explained on-air that both the fragrance and the label of WVM were created as an homage to his memory of Andes Candies, a treat his grandma(?) would unwrap & pop into his mouth.

The WVM scent was just right, smelling just like Andes Candies taste. But the label, which was supposed to be the same green as the Andes Candies wrapper, came out blue due to a printer's error.

Now consider, WVM was Chaz's 2nd Seasonal. And if you recall, the Seasonals were originally conceived and introduced as "speciality" CCs that were intended to be temporary. They'd make one batch only, sell it only in it's season, and introduce a new Seasonal every few months. The plan for Seasonals was once a Seasonal scent sold out, no more would be made.

Considering the cost and number of blue WVM labels already created for the product launch, Chaz used the blue labels. When Seasonals, and especially WVM proved to be very popular, the idea of "one batch only" was dropped.

Chaz saw the blue label as something needing "correction", and today we have WVM in the Andes green.

As to color, Yanya, I always think of peppermint as traditionally being represented by an icy cool blue.

Where do I get that...icicles?...Life Savers?...fresh snow?

Doesn't matter though, since this was about Chaz's childhood memory.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge - good to see you. I only knew part of that story (the part regarding the Andes candy) so thank you for posting the whole thing.

I too saw the blue label as being cool because of ice, candy and other things.

Regular Contributor

On the latest FREE shipping Sunday, I ordered two of the POM body kits.  They have one 16 ounce body lotion, one 16 ounce body cleanser and one bottle of oil!  I don't know how many QVC has.  I'm sure once they run out, there will be no more.  I'm going to use the POM oil in my 319 body cleanser once my POM body cleanser runs out.  I don't know what I'll use for body lotion then.  I guess I'll worry about that later!