WEN

Honored Contributor

Blessings Descriptions

[ Edited ]

I received an email from Chaz regarding a special on the Blessings UNIBT.  He included a scent description for each so I thought I'd paste it here in case some of you haven't yet received the email.

61E3EAC3-F76D-4143-ACE8-E7CE3A9B9B41.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor
I got it too and saved it, so I would have the descriptions at my fingertips! So nice of you to post - I didn’t think
of it.
Super Contributor

I was looking at the description for Understanding and have never heard of Yellow Star Thistle. It really doesn't sound like something nice as it is an invasive plant. Does anyone  know anything about this flower? What kind of scent? 

My favorite blessing is Joy. I really like Hope also but reserve it for a fall candle.

Regular Contributor
I received a sample of all of the ones above. I only liked love and understanding. Not really impressed with the rest
Honored Contributor

@scullychick wrote:

I was looking at the description for Understanding and have never heard of Yellow Star Thistle. It really doesn't sound like something nice as it is an invasive plant. Does anyone  know anything about this flower? What kind of scent? 

My favorite blessing is Joy. I really like Hope also but reserve it for a fall candle.

@scullychick 

I love Hope, too, and save it for Fall.  The CC, UNIBT & perfume spray.  It definitely smells like a cooler weather "warm" fragrance.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blessings Descriptions

[ Edited ]

@scullychick 

1. I've been looking around the web for a scent description of the Yellow Star Thistle. I saw this from Camp Joy Gardens dot org... Apparently the Yellow Star Thistle plant/flower has a distinct aroma but I have yet to locate anything more detailed or a specific description at this time. There must be something to it for Chaz to include this in his latest Understanding edp. Chaz has, imo, a discerning and successful"nose" in the development of his parfums.

Screenshot_20220904-120241_Chrome.jpg

And this regarding the description of the honey. Now it gets a little more interesting. I wonder if any of the notes described in the aroma and taste of the honey are what may be part of the ultimate smell of the actual flower or its oil etc etc. The honey is wildy popular. There's alot of factors and techniques used to ultimately cull a scent from vegetative sources. I did see in multiple on line sites that the pollen really reeks. Apparently it's quite nasty and described as "poo." And I read, the flowers are picked prior to forming pollen or it's removed when used in arrangements by the floral/florist community and commercially.

If I come across any additional information, I'll share it here.

Screenshot_20220904-115403_Chrome.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Lovevienna  

Is it possible to share a little more info of how the newest Understanding EDP smells, please? I'm very interested in any and all you can share. This would be greatly appreciated. Much thanks.

How lucky to have received samples of all of the Blessing scents. A wonderful opportunity to test before a blind purchase.  Did the samples come with a purchase from Chaz's site? I don't recall anyone receiving samples of all the scents at one time. Usually there has been one small edp tester included with a purchase that has typically been a promo prior to its release.

Super Contributor

Thank you for sharing your research @rochelleS I hope @Lovevienna  responds to your question 

Esteemed Contributor

@scullychick 

You're  ery kind and very welcome! I do enjoy researching and filling in the blanks in an array of topics, products and on line comments or reviews of interest. Hopefully others will benefit also.

I would love to hear back from @Lovevienna too. But in the meantime I did order the purse sized traveler in the Understanding EDP from Chaz's site, along with a few more of his fragrances that will be gifts. This is a nice try me size and actually lasts longer than expected. Too bad it's not refillable. 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife - TY for sharing this!

"Faith" is one of my HG's. I use it once in a while instead of a seasonal for my second cleanse. I'm intrigued by "Understanding."  I did try "Strength," but I wasn't crazy about it.   Smiley Happy