WEN

Occasional Contributor

Hi all, new to the forums here, but not QVC.  Also relatively new to WEN...somewhat. Smiley Wink   Tried it many years ago, didnt like it because I think I just didnt use it correctly . Came back about 6 months ago and have been loving it ever since.

Since I just re-found WEN at the end of last summer, I never got into the spring/ summer scents so Im not sure what is best.   So far I've used SAM, FWP and Lavender only.   I use formulations that are either good for all hair or else smoothing or volume.   

With the spring scents that will be coming out soon and Chaz's shows in Feb and March I'd like to plan for what scents I should be looking out for or would be the most favorites or even good for my hair type.

Can anyone provide their feedback on your favorites, what is popular amongst the spring/ summer scents and/or also keeping in mind my formulation needs?  Oh and anything except peach...hate peach!  

Thanks all!  Happy to be here!  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@slmartino

I don't think I can help because our hair needs seem very different.  I'm sure you will get lots of advice from the wonderful group of Wenners here.

Welcome back to Wen & best wishes. Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Welcome to the WEN forum, Simartino, I'm glad you are getting good results with WEN!  I can only relate my own experience with the Spring formulas, but I hope they are of some help.  Let me preface by saying I have terminally straight, fine hair, dark blonde going silver grey, and I don't have a thousand hairs per inch of scalp, either, but WEN oil treatments are helping some with that.  I've been using WEN since the first Fall seasonal came out, FGP, several years ago, and have tried most of the seasonals since then.  The first Spring seasonal was Spring Gardenia Green Tea, and it was very drying to my hair, and I think many other WEN users also found it drying.  I won't buy it again.  The second Spring formula was Spring Orange Blossom.  That one was pretty close to perfect for me, the right balance between protein and moisture to leave my hair soft but not weighed down.  I don't know if there's a general consensus on that formula or not.  The third Spring seasonal was Spring Honey Lilac.  I think many users liked that a lot, but it is too moisturizing for my fine hair, and leaves it limp and clinging to my scalp.  The new Spring formula, coming this year, is purported to be Spring Cherry Blossom, and I'll be trying it as part of the Fall TSV auto-delivery, and I'll decide if I like it or not after that.  The bad thing about a new seasonal introduction is that one of the old ones goes away.  This year, so far, Fall Apple Spice and Winter Cranberry Mint have been retired, and my guess is that SGGT will not come back in Spring, since I suspect it's sales have been the lowest in the last Spring seasons, but I don't know for sure, it could also be SOB, too.  Only time will tell which Spring formula gets retired.  Since you have had good luck with FVWP, which I found far too moisturizing for my hair, my guess is that you would like SOB and SHL, but not SGGT, as it probably would be even worse for your hair than it was for mine.  If that's the one that gets retired, I'll guess you won't miss it.  Also because you like FVWP, you will probably like SHL, as long as you like the smell of lilacs.  You might or might not like SOB, but it really does smell just like orange blossoms, so if you like that fragrance, you could certainly try it.  I hope this info helps you decide what to try come March!

Trusted Contributor

Hi @slmartino!  My hair is a little on the dry side, fairly straight, and unprocessed.  I didn't try SGGT because of the reports of it being so drying.  Unfortunately SOB and SHL were drying to me.  I haven't had this problem with all the fall and winter formulas, so go figure 🤔.

I found this year's fall and winter formulas very moisturizing so am holding out hope the new spring formula will be, as well.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Hi there!  I'm a Wen girl going on eight years now and at first I was not sure because I didn't use it right too.  Now, I'd never use anything else on my hair body, perfume, all...all I need is Wen.  Okay I guess that's enough obsession.  My take on it is that I use which ever one I like the most as far as smell.  My top, top favorite is Wen Men.  The smell sends me in raptures.  I really loved the new Winter Red Currant too, went back for more on that.  um, I find all the seasonals are SO creamy and so sultry in the shower.  A really good rinse while massaging scalp is very important.  Run fingers through length of hair too and it gets squeaky clean.  I always use one pump of leave in from 16 or 32oz.  Gallons I only use half.  I find this step gives tons of body in my hair.  My hair is between my shoulder blades and I don't color.  It's medium texture with some wave.  I absolutely love the Bamoo and 613 and 319.  Those are amazing.  I don't count pumps, I just take around three pumps for four sections of my head and take splash of water and start massaging until it's really thick and creamy.  It's so much fun!  You can't use too much, the more you use, the more you benefit.  I always cleanse twice too.  I use the oils on my scalp the night before I cleanse too and that reaps great benefits too!  I jumped in with both feet and never looked back and I can't thank Chaz enough!  Oh boy,  sorry I get so ga ga but I've never experienced anything like Wen and I'm a product fanatic.  Now, I use ONLY Wen.  I've found nothing can beat it!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I guess I'll just have to wait to see what Chaz comes out with and what he recommends in another month or two.  It's already spring here in FL so I'm already awaiting the spring/ summer scents in all my products!  Smiley Wink.  

Respected Contributor

@slmartino  My favorite spring scent is SOB for scent and performance.  Although, many Wenners do find it a bit drying so don't use it.  It is one of my favorite Wen seasonal scents.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Best spring scent?

[ Edited ]

OP didn't really mention her hair type. Mine is thick, wavy curly and medium texture. I change it up depending on if I want to control volume or emphasize my curls. I love Spring Orange Blossom but I haven't tried Spring Honey Lilac yet. Based on the fact that I love Summer Honey Peach I'm thinking I'll also like SHL. Summer Mango Coconut works for me as does Spring Gardenia Green Tea but neither are my number one favorites as far as performance. 

My hair is no longer dry ( although it was when I first started using Wen almost 5 years ago). Even so I never found any of the seasonals to be "drying". Although I did go through a long period ( in years 2-3) where they were too much protein for my hair. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Spring Honey Lilac!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

Pink Jasmine Peony will be available when Chaz comes for the February visit on the 10th.  It's only available during the month of February and again during the month of October.  It's one of my favorite scents.  He just presented the EDP in the kits during his December visit.  They're still available.  I believe he will have all the styling products to go with it this year too as well as a nourishing body treatment.

I can hardly wait!

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.