WEN

Frequent Contributor

Best products to use with a diffuser

I have a whole new style since I've been letting my hair mostly air dry.  My natural wave is coming to life quite nicely.

I dug out a diffuser, never used it before.  My stylist used one yesterday and my wave just popped.  My question is what products are best with the diffuser?

I use leave-in, mousse, sometimes styling cream and texturizing spray.

Open to suggestions -- thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best products to use with a diffuser

@LucysMommy 

Use the same as you already do, just include the styling cream regularly since it contains a heat protectant.

If your hair starts getting dry from using heat you can Remoist more often and/or add a little treatment oil to your leave in.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LucysMommy I am your girl for answering this question!  After cleansing, I apply (in this order) the mousse, styling cream, leave-in CC.  I wrap my hair in my Aquis towel while I apply my make-up.  I then dry my hair with my diffuser.  Once dry (or very close to it), I mix the Finishing Treatment Cream + 2 pumps of glossing serum, and rub my palms together then squeeze it into my curls.  Wallah!  You may also incorporate the texturizing spray to your liking.  When I use it (I don't use it every day), I will spray it on my wet hair just prior to diffusing, but really it can be applied any time.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@LucysMommy I am your girl for answering this question!  After cleansing, I apply (in this order) the mousse, styling cream, leave-in CC.  I wrap my hair in my Aquis towel while I apply my make-up.  I then dry my hair with my diffuser.  Once dry (or very close to it), I mix the Finishing Treatment Cream + 2 pumps of glossing serum, and rub my palms together then squeeze it into my curls.  Wallah!  You may also incorporate the texturizing spray to your liking.  When I use it (I don't use it every day), I will spray it on my wet hair just prior to diffusing, but really it can be applied any time.

Thank you @SurferWife .  I'll reverse product placement.  It's fun switching around the routine to get  a new style with my waves.  It's a gentle wave, not a curl.  I like having the movement instead of my usual bob style I've had for a decade (or more - yikes!l)

Trusted Contributor

I leave in a nickel size dollop of Suave Sun Ripened Strawberry conditioner, distributed evenly and thoroughly.

I diffuse the roots only.

Curly magic.

Respected Contributor

Ok so my hair is just wavy...”s” waves and its to the top of my shoulders. And its thick. I have been adding more curl through the winter by using my culing wand, but I want to get away from that for summer. I usually just let it dry naturally im summer after I have put product in it but have never actually used a diffuser. Do you pile your hair in the finger things? Tutor me 😉