WEN

Respected Contributor

Best Way To Empty Gallon Out

Hello,

I just got down to the last of my gallon and it will no longer pump out anything BUT there is plenty inside of it.

I used one of those Flip It bottle empty nozzle on it...which fits and turns it upside down but I soon realized I am not strong enough to squeeze the gallon jug well to get it all out. Let it sit upside overnight.

Ended up taking that off and letting it all empty into a lock & lock bowl as it was impossible to get it into the 32oz size bottle.  There really is alot of product in these gallons when it will no longer pump.  

I was wondering if anyone has a better way of doing this for future reference.  

Woman Very Happy

Thank you 

Respected Contributor

Re: Best Way To Empty Gallon Out

I would turn the bottle upside down overnight and put it in something where the bowl edges (even a coffe mug should work) elevates the top of the bottle so it can flow freely into the bowl overnight (or however long it takes), to let the contents drain out.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I  bought a 38.2 oz. bottle of Pantene shampoo. The shampoo was clear. So that made me notice that the tube attached to the pump. It was more than a half inch above the bottom of the bottle. Plus the bottom was concave, in the center of the bottle. It made me wonder how much product was still in the bottle after you were no longer able to pump any product.

@tsavorite Glad you were able to empty more product out of the container.

Honored Contributor

I customarily use a funnel to empty any product into another bottle.  I turn the bottle upside down into the funnel which is emptying into the new bottle.  I carefully balance the top bottle against the wall above the sink counter.  In this case you might have problems balancing the gallon bottle, so you will have to use two separate draining procedures. Tell family members to stay away or you might have a mini disaster to clean up.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I customarily use a funnel to empty any product into another bottle.  I turn the bottle upside down into the funnel which is emptying into the new bottle.  I carefully balance the top bottle against the wall above the sink counter.  In this case you might have problems balancing the gallon bottle, so you will have to use two separate draining procedures. Tell family members to stay away or you might have a mini disaster to clean up.

OMGoodness so simple....a funnel LOL!  Thank you so much...Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@tsavorite & @depglass 

I use a funnel, too, to transfer the remainder of my gallon into a 32 oz. bottle.  Works like a champ!  I always save a 32 oz. bottle or two for this very reason.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I also use a funnel to transfer to another bottle.

And often I add a bit of water to the remaining product which makes it come out even easier and faster.  

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite I'm not a cheapskate (my husband says differently), but I always turn bottles upside down and let shampoo or another liquidy product drain into a smaller container.  I use a facewash that comes in a tube and when no more product will squeeze out of the tube I cut open the tube and scrap out whatever is left into another small container.  You'd be shocked at what the amount that would remain.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's a manufacturer secret conspiracy..LOL

They figure we'll not bother to drain the container so 10% of product will go in trash along with the container.

Yesterday I also upside down a body wash bottle and now have enough lotion for another - hmmm - 6 showers perhaps.  There was lots in the bottom.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I also use a funnel to transfer to another bottle.

And often I add a bit of water to the remaining product which makes it come out even easier and faster.  

Another great idea for future gallon transfers!  Thank you so much.