WEN

Valued Contributor

I regularly use oils as an overnight scalp treatment.  Does anyone use the oils on the length of your hair, as well?  If so, have you found it to be beneficial/noticed less "frizziness" if your hair is prone to it -- like mine.  Smiley Frustrated

Frequent Contributor

@Jen44 wrote:

I regularly use oils as an overnight scalp treatment.  Does anyone use the oils on the length of your hair, as well?  If so, have you found it to be beneficial/noticed less "frizziness" if your hair is prone to it -- like mine.  Smiley Frustrated

i have been applying 1to 2 drops of the CLV oil to dry, styled hair and it has been helping me not get frizzy and poofy with the Texas humidity Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

what do the oils smell like in y'alls opinion? i have the Tea Tree and it smells just like Tea Tree CC but stronger and after awhile the tea tree scent dies down and i smell spearmint afterwards. With the TSV coming up i'd like to try a different oil so do the other oils smell like their CC? 

Valued Contributor

@kricket3142 wrote:

@Jen44 wrote:

i have been applying 1to 2 drops of the CLV oil to dry, styled hair and it has been helping me not get frizzy and poofy with the Texas humidity Smiley Happy

Thanks, kricket!  We've had the most humid summer that I can remember in years.  I don't flat iron my hair.  However, if I did and I made it poker straight, the minute I walked outside it would turn into a giant frizz ball.  I've been mixing and matching  my Wen products like crazy to try to tame my wacky hair.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@kricket3142 wrote:

what do the oils smell like in y'alls opinion? i have the Tea Tree and it smells just like Tea Tree CC but stronger and after awhile the tea tree scent dies down and i smell spearmint afterwards. With the TSV coming up i'd like to try a different oil so do the other oils smell like their CC? 

I can't say much about the core oils but as far as seasonals go the oils all smell very much like their corresponding CCs

Honored Contributor

Re: Benefits of Oils

[ Edited ]

Hilary's great Benefits of Oils thread has a lot of great information expecially on the Classic line of Wen Treatment Oils: Sweet Almond MInt (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA) and Pomegranate (POM). 

Her initial message has a lot of information about the active ingredients in each Treatment Oil in the Classic line. Just click on the Benefits of Oils link to go to her initial message.

Additionally, message #14 includes a lot of excellent information (it is a compilation of some messages that seem to have gotten lost in the transition to the new forum structure). Messages #10, #23, and #51 also have good information. 

There is information about the Summer Honey Peach oil in messages #50 and #60. 

Message #137, describes the positive healthy hair benefits that one of Chaz's client named Faith has gotten from doing overnight scalp treatments with the Treatment Oils for the past two years.

From message #60 on there are are a number of clusters of helpful information: 

* #69 - #84 

* #87 - #89 

* #101 - #107 

* #131 - #132 

As I mentioned before, somehow a number of messages have been lost in the transition to the June 15th new forum structure. This is such a shame becasue I know that Hillary has put together a number of posts on a number of the other treatment oils (including Seasonal oils). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy 

P.S. FYI, @Hilary77, as you've probably noticed, these days you can modify the initial post in each thread, so you can always add new info to your first message in this thread... hint, hint, hint... Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I posted this on another thread, but I though also belonged in the Treatment Oils threads since Wenners are constantly referring to these threads for information about the Wen oils. -- bebe Smiley Happy 

____ 

It's gone (expired) now, but one fo the periscope videos from friday featured one of Chaz's clients named Faith. Her video was really inspiring and heart warming. When Faith first came to Chaz her hair was really thinning (Chaz showed before and after progressional photos).

Chaz was so caring and gentle with Faith. It was wonderful to watch and it confirmed how kind and thoughtful he really is (as if there was any doubt *s*). 

When Faith first came to his salon two years ago, she asked him what was the best thing she could do for her thinning hair. Chaz told her to do overnight scalp treatments with his oils 3-4 times per week

She followed his recommendations faithfully and now she says that her hair is much fuller and the hair strands seem to be thicker. Chaz praised her for being so diligent with her overnight oil treatments. Then she said that she had asked him for his advice because she was going to follow it. Chaz laughed and alluded to the fact that just because people ask for his advice, it doesn't mean that they are going to follow it. 

lol, yup, it took me a few years listening to Chaz talk about overnight oil treatments and reading (in the Wen forum) about the great results that other Wenners were getting before I finally started doing overnight scalp oil treatments. -- And don't get ne started about how very, very long it took me to purchase my Wenderful Comb!!!!!

Back to the video with Chaz and Faith...

I couldn't catch everything Chaz said, but it sounded to me as though he wanted to have Faith on during his upcoming September 5th Wen TSV shows. I hope this happens because Faith is a great person and her story is so inspirational. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. The morals of this story are that: 1) I should listen to Chaz the first time he shares his insightful hair care advice and 2) that overnight scalp oil treatments are a must!! Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I've never used the oils. How exactly does one do a scalp treatment? 

Trusted Contributor

@Beautoxica wrote:

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I've never used the oils. How exactly does one do a scalp treatment? 

I'm sure there are videos out there. Maybe a search of YouTube would be helpful.

In short, Chaz recommends using four droppers full on your scalp and then massaging it in gently with your fingertips. He runs the dropper along the scalp, squeezing gently to release the oil evenly as the dropper moves along. Divide your scalp into four quadrants and apply one dropper to each.

That's basically the way I do it. Sometimes I use more and work it through my hair as well. I put my hair up in a clip during the day and then put a microfiber towel over my pillow if I want to leave it in overnight. I wash it out the next day using my typical routine of two cleanses plus leave-in and styling products. Depending on your hair type, I think the two cleanses might be really necessary to get the oil out. If you have really dry hair, maybe one cleanse would be sufficient, not sure.

Regular Contributor

That helps! Thank you!