WEN

Respected Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@FleaMktQn You are wonderful, and I replied to you via email. WOowOo! The microfiber yoga towel idea is genius! I will have to look for those. They are the same idea as a turbie towel, right? I definitely got oil on my pillowcase last night, but it is 100% cotton so I will just wash it. I have a barrier case around my actual pillow, and then put a pillow case on top of that, so my pillow is fine.

I also realize after my first attempted cleanse that I used WAY TOO MUCH oil last night! LOL. I am still kind of a grease ball. I will workout, then wash it out later. Thank goodness there is no such thing as over cleansing with Wen because hooooooo weeeeee I'm greasy. LOL. What was really nice those is that the smell concentrated as the night wore on (I wake up 2-4 times a night always) and it was LOVELY.

@yisbuff2 The yoga towel is really pretty soft too, very much like a turbie towel but thicker. My pilllow would be a mess without it. I do overnight treatments on Sun, Mon, & Tues, so I leave it on the pillow for a few days. Other days I might do oils for a few hours, I cleanse in the evenings on Thur, Fri, & Sat so & can just get up & go to yard sales the next morning Smiley Very Happy That's another wonderful thing about Wen, no more bedhead, my hair still looks good even after I sleep on it Smiley Very Happy

I've never had any trouble getting the oil out with 2 cleanses, & I'm pretty heavy handed with it. I also like the aromatherapy aspect & the scent will stay on the towel from the night before. The TT scent is strong but it's not unpleasant to me. But, if you need to tone it down a little it's very nice mixed with the POM oil. I have a little bottle that I mixed 50/50 & hardly smell the TT Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@HSB1204 that should have been my plan with Sunny from the beginning, but alas ~ she is now 20 and I let her do whatever she wants. Cat SurprisedCat Very Happy LOL. I realized this morning too that her wake up love involves clawing me in the scalp. Definitely no overnights with the TT, but otherwise she won't get near it.

Thanks for the resuls regarding TT!! @FleaMktQn is going to connect me with some TT. I'm afraid of the smell! Haha. If it works I am so going to try it though. My hair is already growing faster since Wen, so while I'd be happy if it grew even faster, that is not really my goal. My goal is to activate any follicles that are sleepy. More hair is always my goal. Even just looking like more hair, which styling does, works. More actual hair would rule.

ETA: I think the POM smells totally like rosemary. Noses are so unique and weird! Smiley Happy

@yisbuff2 Yes, don't break kitty's habit when she's used to it! Mine do get pretty mad if they think I'm sleeping too long when I should be getting up to feed them. They'll start banging on the door or jumping up to grab the door knob and then sliding down the door until I get sick of it and a) let them in or b) get up and feed them. Cat Very Happy The human slaves must be controlled! Cat LOL

The TT oil definitely has a strong scent and it takes some getting used to. Sometimes I've added some 613 oil to my ends just to cut down on the strong TT scent.

@HSB1204 we are but puny humans! We are lucky to have our feline overlords to direct our otherwise pointless existence. Smiley Happy Sunny makes it very clear that she allows me to work only because it keeps her in ****** and yummies. LOL.

I can always adjust to a funky smell, so I shall see how it goes!

Trusted Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@FleaMktQn You are wonderful, and I replied to you via email. WOowOo! The microfiber yoga towel idea is genius! I will have to look for those. They are the same idea as a turbie towel, right? I definitely got oil on my pillowcase last night, but it is 100% cotton so I will just wash it. I have a barrier case around my actual pillow, and then put a pillow case on top of that, so my pillow is fine.

I also realize after my first attempted cleanse that I used WAY TOO MUCH oil last night! LOL. I am still kind of a grease ball. I will workout, then wash it out later. Thank goodness there is no such thing as over cleansing with Wen because hooooooo weeeeee I'm greasy. LOL. What was really nice those is that the smell concentrated as the night wore on (I wake up 2-4 times a night always) and it was LOVELY.

@yisbuff2 The yoga towel is really pretty soft too, very much like a turbie towel but thicker. My pilllow would be a mess without it. I do overnight treatments on Sun, Mon, & Tues, so I leave it on the pillow for a few days. Other days I might do oils for a few hours, I cleanse in the evenings on Thur, Fri, & Sat so & can just get up & go to yard sales the next morning Smiley Very Happy That's another wonderful thing about Wen, no more bedhead, my hair still looks good even after I sleep on it Smiley Very Happy

I've never had any trouble getting the oil out with 2 cleanses, & I'm pretty heavy handed with it. I also like the aromatherapy aspect & the scent will stay on the towel from the night before. The TT scent is strong but it's not unpleasant to me. But, if you need to tone it down a little it's very nice mixed with the POM oil. I have a little bottle that I mixed 50/50 & hardly smell the TT Smiley Wink

@FleaMktQn that does sound very nice! I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a messy pillow case. LOL. I think my hair might need some adjusting and my scalp may actually need a bit of treating, but I didn't know it before. My hair seems a little drier today, which makes me think it might be thirsty. I also have a bit of dry scalp coming up - not dandruff, but like if I scratch it, a bit comes off. The treatment might loosen up some blocked follicles! Yay!

I gave the big bottle of POM to my mom, but kept the 1oz just for my face. I am already adjusting to that scent, so I figure that TT is just a matter of time. When something works I will just deal with the unpleasantness IF there is any. It might be just fine!

Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I recently got the idea to research some of the oils on the Internet. I am not an expert, but here is what I found. I just googled each oil and took some notes about what was interesting. I wanted to share with everyone.

Sweet Almond Peppermint Oil-Peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates. Sweet almond oil-helps eczema, prevents hair loss, adds shine and strength. May Chang Fruit Oil-treats acne, helps eczema, and can be used as an insect repellant. Jasmine oil-tames frizz, adds shine, protects from heat, helps dry scalp

Pomegranate Rosemary Oil- revitalizes dull, dry hair, provides elasticity to skin, helps with wrinkles, helps eczema and psoriasis, helps collagen production. Rosemary oil- promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair-good for grays. Grapefruit Peel oil-promotes hair growth, treats dandruff, adds shine, regulates oil.

Tea Tree Eucalyptus Oil- Tea tree oil-removes build-up on the hair shaft from minerals in water, normalizes oily and dry hair, helps unclog blocked hair follicles, increases circulation to hair follicles, removes dead skin cells that inhibit hair growth, helps with dandruff, repels lice. rosemary oil-promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair. peppermint oil-hydrates, stimulates hair follicles. eucalyptus oil-controls dandruff, helps dry scalp, mild psoriasis, adds shine, promotes elasticity.

Cucumber Thyme Oil -thyme oil-promotes hair growth, luster, shine, and bounce. Mandarin Orange Peel oil-maintains moisture balance on skin. Bergamot oil-adds sheen, repairs damage, promotes hair growth, helps frizz, protects from heat, helps psoriasis.

Fig Sweet Orange Oil-balsam peru oil- helps dry skin and eczema. sweet orange oil-promotes production of collagen, soothes dry skin. cedarwood oil-helps acne and rashes, balances dry and oily hair and skin, regulates sebum, stimulates hair growth, reduces hair loss, controls dandruff. Ylang Ylang oil-thickens hair shaft, balances scalp oil production, helps split ends, helps eczema.

Lavender Mint Oil- lavender oil-repels lice, calming, promotes hair growth, reduces sebum. peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates.

@Hilary77, thanks so much for having put all of this information together. I've just been referring to it again, and it always so helpful!!! 

Since Chaz is offering a great 4-piece TSV on Friday  -- Wen - Alert - TSV available -- 32oz CC, 16oz FVWP CC, 4oz Oil & 4oz Remoist  -- I thought folks might want to have a look at your thread. 

Especially since your thread is about the Treatment Oils in the Classic line.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hilary's great Benefits of Oils thread has a lot of great information expecially on the Classic line of Wen Treatment Oils: Sweet Almond MInt (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA) and Pomegranate (POM). 

Her initial message has a lot of information about the active ingredients in each Treatment Oil in the Classic line. Just click on the Benefits of Oils link to go to her initial message (or just read message #143, just a few messages above, which is where she reposted it).

Additionally, message #14 includes a lot of excellent information (it is a compilation of some messages that seem to have gotten lost in the transition to the new forum structure). Messages #10, #23, and #51 also have good information. 

There is information about the Summer Honey Peach oil in messages #50 and #60. 

Message #137, describes the positive healthy hair benefits that one of Chaz's client named Faith has gotten from doing overnight scalp treatments with the Treatment Oils for the past two years.

From message #60 on there are are a number of clusters of helpful information: 

* #69 - #84 

* #87 - #89 

* #101 - #107 

* #131 - #132 

As I mentioned before, somehow a number of messages have been lost in the transition to the June 15th new forum structure. This is such a shame becasue I know that Hillary has put together a number of posts on a number of the other treatment oils (including Seasonal oils). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. FYI, @Hilary77, as you've probably noticed, these days you can modify the initial post in each thread, so you can always add new info to your first message in this thread... hint, hint, hint... Smiley Happy

________

Below is the information from message #14 which includes a lot of excellent information (it is a compilation of some messages that seem to have gotten lost in the transition to the new forum structure). -- bebe Smiley Happy

_____

Additionally, there's MissKlynn's great post #3 from this thread...

Also will add directly quoted from Chaz's web site, all the new oils contain the following:

Abyssinian Oil: Derived from the seeds of the Abyssinian cabbage plant. It is known to moisturize, hydrate and condition.

Olive Fruit Oil: Derived from olives, high in fatty acids and antioxidants. Moisturizes, repairs and softens the hair or scalp.

Organic Argan Oil: Derived from the nuts of argan trees, it possesses a remarkable ability to nourish, moisturize, eliminate frizz and improve elasticity.The oil is high in lipids, including the omega-9 oleic acid and the omega-6 linoleic acid as well as vitamin E.

All of the oils, old and new have Jojoba Oil. I'm not one to quote from a website without reference, so here is a good website I found with info about Jojoba oil and how it breaks down buildup, and also good information about some of the other oils we see in the Wen oils.

http://blackhair101.com/hair-care/oils-explained-essential-oils-and-carrier-oils-for-hair

No wonder the Wen oils are my favorite Wen product! So many good things!

_____ 

_____ 

Additionally, there's HBNY74's informative post on some of the treatment properties of the oils which is in post #8 of this thread...

I had saved this information from Chaz's website before he consolidated all oils on one page. It is the breakdown for the new oils. Given all the different oils he now uses (as opposed to only the jojoba oil, actually not an oil, but let not split hair..LOL), I understand why some say that the new oils are/feel heavier, especially with the addition of sesame oil, which is very viscous, compared to jojoba.

CUCUMBER THYME

* Jojoba oil: conditions, nourishes, hydrates hair/scalp, antibacterial, cleanses scalp, unclogs hair follicles

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hair growth

Olive oil: repairs, softens, hair/scalp

Argan oil: nourishes, moisturizes, eliminates frizz, improves hair elasticity

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes, hydrates hair/scalp

Thyme oil: antiseptic, antimicrobial, invigorates scalp, promotes hair growth

Cucumber fruit extract: hydrating, cooling, anti-inflammatory, healing, astringent, reduces oiliness, relieves itching, smoothes, softens skin/hair

Mandarin orange peel oil: regulates oily skin

Bergamot oil: combats oily scalp, relieves itching, effective against psoriasis

Aloe Vera Juice: soothing, healing, moisturizing, antifungal, antibacterial

LAVENDER MINT

Jojoba oil: conditions, nourishes, hydrates hair/scalp, antibacterial, cleanses scalp, unclogs hair follicles

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hair growth

Olive oil: repairs, softens hair/scalp

Lavender oil: regenerative, regulates the scalp oil secretions, promotes hair growth, cleansing, soothing, antiseptic, helps with dandruff

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes, hydrates, hair/scalp

Peppermint oil: purifying, cooling, soothing, calming, cleansing, antibacterial

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY

Jojoba oil: conditions, nourishes, hydrates hair/scalp, antibacterial, cleanses scalp, unclogs hair follicles

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hairgrowth

Pomegranate oil: antioxidant, astrigent, hydrating

Rosemary leaf oil: antioxidant, stimulates hair growth, fights scalp problems

Grapefuit peel: oil promotes hair growth

FIG SWEET ORANGE

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hairgrowth

* Olive oil: repairs, softens, hair/scalp

Argan oil: nourishes, moisturizes, eliminates frizz, improves elasticity

Balsam peru oil: conditions, invigorates, strengthens scalp/hair

Fig extract: rich, hydrating and moisturizing without weighing down the hair

Sweet orange oil: anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, soothing, increases blood flow to the skin

Cedarwood oil: stimulant, antiseptic, cleansing, helps with dandruff

Ylang ylang oil: balances, tones, soothes, rejuvenates skin and hair

SWEET ALMOND PEPPERMINT

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes ,hydrates hair/scalp

* Peppermint oil: purifying, cooling, soothing, calming, cleansing, antibacterial

Sweet almond oil: excellent emollient, treats very dry skin, antiseptic, healing, nourishes

May Chang fruit oil: antifungal, antibacterial, helps with eczema

Jasmine oil: soothing, antiseptic, tones dry or greasy skin/hair

TEA TREE EUCALYPTUS

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes, hydrates, hair/scalp

Tea tree oil: antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal, relieves dandruff, unclogs hair follicles, promotes hair growth

Rosemary leaf oil: antioxidant, stimulates hair growth, fights scalp problems

Peppermint oil: purifying, cooling, soothing, calming, cleansing, antibacterial

Eucalyptus oil: astringent, reduces irritation, hydrates, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antifungal, cooling, soothing

_____ 

_____

Below is my post of containing the complete ingredients listing for each of the core Treatment Oils (post #132)...

WEN TREATMENT OIL - INGREDIENTS

SWEET ALMOND PEPPERMINT TREATMENT OIL

Ingredients:Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco-
Caprylate/Caprate, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Essential Oil Blend,
Peppermint Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, May Chang Fruit Essential Oil,
Jasmine Oil, Tocopherol.

TEA TREE EUCALYPTUS TREATMENT OIL

Ingredients: Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco-
Caprylate/Caprate, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil,
Rosemary Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Tocopherol.

FIG SWEET ORANGE TREATMENT OIL

Balsam Peru Oil, Fig Extract, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Cedarwood
Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, Tocopherol.

LAVENDER MINT TREATMENT OIL

Caprylate/Caprate, Lavender Oil, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Peppermint
Oil, Tocopherol.

CUCUMBER THYME TREATMENT OIL

Thyme Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil,
Bergamot Fruit Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Tocopherol.

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY TREATMENT OIL

Pomegranate Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Tocopherol.

Information provided by WEN® 

________

Honored Contributor

One of the Wen ODOs for Sunday, October 9th, is:

WEN by Chaz Dean 3-Piece Fall Cleanse & Treat Collection or the WEN by Chaz Dean Fall 3pc Cleanse & Treat Kit Auto-Delivery -- 16oz CC, 4oz Oil & 6oz RTM -- scents: FGP, FTP and FVWP -- 39% savings off of regular QVC prices -- $69.96

I thought some Wenners would be interested in looking through several key Wen Treatment Oils threads such as @Hilary77's great Benefits of Oils thread. Smiley Happy

There's more information on this value kit, as well as a full cost analysis, in the very first message of the Wen - (2) ODOs Alert - 10/9 - FTP EDP or, Fall 16oz CC, 4oz Oil & 6oz RTM thread. Smiley Happy

This is an excellent Wen ODO value kit. Thank you, Chaz and Dooters!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to revisit this post. I thought maybe others might want to check it out, too!

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!