WEN

Frequent Contributor

Been using the SHP oil and love it!  Tempted to get the SMC oil at some point this summer.  Does anyone have any reviews on the 613 oil?  The 613 CC actually dries out my hair and makes it a little frizzy  Smiley Sad  I love the scent so I'm interested in trying the oil.  Can't imagine the oil would be drying...

Respected Contributor
Yay! Thanks again Brittany!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Brittany, thanks ever so much for migrating Hilary's much loved Benefits of Oils back to the new Wen forum!!! We really appreciate it!!! I hope you had a great day off!!! 

-- bebeSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi Brittany

Gotta add mine, Thank you so MUCH Heart

Trusted Contributor
Pinky920, the 613 CC also dries my hair out. The oil is very moisturizing so you should be able to enjoy the scent using the oil. I emailed Chaz's customer service a while back inquiring about which 613 products have the amino acids (the culprit thay dries my hair out) and was told all except the oil (the CC, RTM SC and mousse).
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:
Pinky920, the 613 CC also dries my hair out. The oil is very moisturizing so you should be able to enjoy the scent using the oil. I emailed Chaz's customer service a while back inquiring about which 613 products have the amino acids (the culprit thay dries my hair out) and was told all except the oil (the CC, RTM SC and mousse).

Hi BExplorer, long time no see. It's good to see you!!! I hope all Is wellSmiley Happy

I've heard Chaz mention on air that the entire 613 line has the amoni acid complex in it. That's why my post-cleanse leave in is all 613 products (CC, SC and mousse). -- I guess it makes sense that the 613 Oil doesn't have the amino acid complex since it's more for scalp treatments than for hair treatments.

Unlike you, my thin/fine/poroous hair eats the 613 amino acid complex as a luncheon treat... and begs for moreSmiley Wink 

Last summer I tried a 3-day weekend long experiment. I plastered my hair with 613 CC, periodically wet my hair (maybe 5-6 times a day), and slept in the 613 CC. All in the hope of infusing my hair with much needed amino acids. 

Well, it didn't damage my hair at all and my hair felt a bit better for it... but their was no massive change. -- I did some experimenting with 613 CC overnight hair (as opposed to scalp) treatments. I discovered that while once a week treatments will help a bit, that overkill just doesn't produce any more pronounced results.

Oh well, a Wen girl can always hope...

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
@bebe777 Hello, good to see you back as well! That was kind of a dumb question for me to email Chaz's customer service about but I was so hoping that the RTM didn't have the amino acids as I love the 613 scent and was hoping I could at least use the ancillary products, but no such luck except for the oil. Lucky you being able to use all the 613 you want 😀. I am glad I can at least enjoy the oil.

Thank you for all the great information you continue to provide to the forum users :-)
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I recently got the idea to research some of the oils on the Internet. I am not an expert, but here is what I found. I just googled each oil and took some notes about what was interesting. I wanted to share with everyone.

Sweet Almond Peppermint Oil-Peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates. Sweet almond oil-helps eczema, prevents hair loss, adds shine and strength. May Chang Fruit Oil-treats acne, helps eczema, and can be used as an insect repellant. Jasmine oil-tames frizz, adds shine, protects from heat, helps dry scalp

Pomegranate Rosemary Oil- revitalizes dull, dry hair, provides elasticity to skin, helps with wrinkles, helps eczema and psoriasis, helps collagen production. Rosemary oil- promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair-good for grays. Grapefruit Peel oil-promotes hair growth, treats dandruff, adds shine, regulates oil.

Tea Tree Eucalyptus Oil- Tea tree oil-removes build-up on the hair shaft from minerals in water, normalizes oily and dry hair, helps unclog blocked hair follicles, increases circulation to hair follicles, removes dead skin cells that inhibit hair growth, helps with dandruff, repels lice. rosemary oil-promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair. peppermint oil-hydrates, stimulates hair follicles. eucalyptus oil-controls dandruff, helps dry scalp, mild psoriasis, adds shine, promotes elasticity.

Cucumber Thyme Oil -thyme oil-promotes hair growth, luster, shine, and bounce. Mandarin Orange Peel oil-maintains moisture balance on skin. Bergamot oil-adds sheen, repairs damage, promotes hair growth, helps frizz, protects from heat, helps psoriasis.

Fig Sweet Orange Oil-balsam peru oil- helps dry skin and eczema. sweet orange oil-promotes production of collagen, soothes dry skin. cedarwood oil-helps acne and rashes, balances dry and oily hair and skin, regulates sebum, stimulates hair growth, reduces hair loss, controls dandruff. Ylang Ylang oil-thickens hair shaft, balances scalp oil production, helps split ends, helps eczema.

Lavender Mint Oil- lavender oil-repels lice, calming, promotes hair growth, reduces sebum. peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates.

Just moving this up for those who need to see the benefits of the oils!! 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Hilary, lol, I completely forgot that they had moved your thread over to the Wen forum. When I referenced it in the other thread I was thinking why haven't they moved Hilary's thread over yet... lol, but they had!! Silly meSmiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

With all the seasonal oils, the new restorative oils, 6/13 oil, which of the oils would be most beneficial on the face? 

**Suz**