WEN

Respected Contributor

Bella Spirit lip exfoliator spatula

When I got my latest kit that contained exfoliator, I almost tossed the spatula, because I always just dip into the container with my fingertip.  I didn't, but I wasn't using it, UNTIL I got to the end of my transparent lip balm.  I realized there is a LOT of balm left in that tube when you can't dial up any more, and there's only so much you can get to with your fingertips, plus then you have to wash or wipe the balm off your hands or leave greasy fingerprints everywhere.  So, voila, the spatula got re-purposed!  There must be 4-5mm of lip balm left down in that tube, and you can get nearly all of it with first the wide end, then using the sharper tip end, and you can apply it to your lips and spread it out nicely.  I am happy to pay for Chaz's lip balm, there's nothing like it anywhere, but I'm never going to waist a milligram of it ever again, not with that spatula at my disposal!

Respected Contributor

Re: Bella Spirit lip exfoliator spatula

Hi @CamilleP !!  WOW!  What a great idea!  I'm gonna try that on mine.  Hey, I love how you reference "dial up"  VERY cute!  LOL!!!  I just got a new exfoliator and balm too.  Wish I would have known that before I tossed the one I thought was used up!  LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Chad's lip treatment!  I always have chapped lips and it has helped me a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

OOPS, I meant "Chaz"

Respected Contributor

I was surprised at how deep the balm went, but that big a stick of lip balm needs a deep base to hold it steady, I guess.  There is a LOT of balm left down there, I've been using it at least twice a day for a couple of weeks, and only last night finally used it all up.  The spatula method might not work as well for the tinted balm, where one wants a more even application, but if one is using the non-tinted stuff it works great. 

Respected Contributor

I agree, Linda Sal, it's the best lip balm I've ever used!

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP just the other night I found one of my first tubes and used my pinky cuz I was too lazy to get off the couch. Your idea is brilliant!
Honored Contributor

I'm I not understanding this conversation/thread right? You are using the spatula for the balm and not the scrub? I use the spatula for the scrub only because the balm can be raised up as you use it.

Maybe I am missing something here.

Esteemed Contributor

@wirldtraveler when u can't turn up the balm anymore they're is a lot of product in that tube. So instead of using your finger @CamilleP gave us the great idea of using the spatula to scrap it out
Honored Contributor

@ANewHue  Oh, okay. Thanks. I thought I was using the spatula all wrong. ha!

I have gone thru three translucent lip balms and haven't had that problem......yet, but glad to know you creative people have a solution if I do have a need. Heart