WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Bella Spirit Texture Paste

Thanks @scullychick! At least we know it will be designed more for curly girls. It’s a shame QVC is wanting to control what he names his products. If it hits his website first I’ll buy it directly from him anyway since he offers free shipping. I’ve always used the finishing treatment cream as my curl cream & it really does make a difference in the definition of my curls vs. not using it. I’m sure you’re already aware of it, but just in case you’re not, check it out! It’s only $36 and one tube lasts forever!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I thought I was the only one that used Chaz's finishing creme.  I use a small bit after I blow dry.  Now, I use the Bella Paste.  The Finishing Creme DOES last forever.  Only a small amount is needed to define hair.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yangya and Surfer Wife, I tried the Pom finishing creme all kinds of ways, and it didn't do a thing for my permed hair, sadly.  I got my Bella Spirit paste today, and I think it will work better, it's "pastier", if that's a word?  It is very thick and felt tacky on my palms, but I was able to work it into my hair, which air-dried overnight.  It's going to face the ultimate test when I walk Johnny this afternoon, as it's rainy, closing in on 60F, and thus muggy and humid.  If my waves remain defined in this weather, then it's a winner for my artificial curls!  Oh, and I love the scent, it's very light, thankfully, no conflicts with my Hope perfume, or my SHP, my summer go-to scent.

One question I hope somebody can answer.  Would you recommend using the paste before heat styling, or on cooled, styled hair?  As long as one had put in styling creme on one's wet hair beforehand, of course.

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Yangya and Surfer Wife, I tried the Pom finishing creme all kinds of ways, and it didn't do a thing for my permed hair, sadly.  I got my Bella Spirit paste today, and I think it will work better, it's "pastier", if that's a word?  It is very thick and felt tacky on my palms, but I was able to work it into my hair, which air-dried overnight.  It's going to face the ultimate test when I walk Johnny this afternoon, as it's rainy, closing in on 60F, and thus muggy and humid.  If my waves remain defined in this weather, then it's a winner for my artificial curls!  Oh, and I love the scent, it's very light, thankfully, no conflicts with my Hope perfume, or my SHP, my summer go-to scent.

One question I hope somebody can answer.  Would you recommend using the paste before heat styling, or on cooled, styled hair?  As long as one had put in styling creme on one's wet hair beforehand, of course.

Hi @CamilleP , so you got the Bella Paste too!  I tried using it before blowing and on dried hair.  It has a creamier feel than the other pastes.  It's "softer" and yes when you emulsify it in the hands it can feel tacky but you have to rub a decent amount of times.  I like it on dry styled hair and only a small amount is needed.  I use it on my mids and ends and what's left over, which is REALLY a small residue, I use on the crown area.  I find that it tame's frizz the very best yet.  I also use the Bella Styling Creme and I use TWO pumps of that OR one pump of Bella and one pump of another of my choice.  I use the mousse FIRST whereas Chaz says styling creme first then mousse when putting in leave in stuff but then he says experiment and do what you like best.  My hair is amazing because ALWAYS once per week I do a ReMoist over night treatment and just rinse next morning, put in my leave in stuff and bounce a rama!  The raking action is SO KEY though while cleansing and leaving in stuff, VERY KEY,  must rake, rake rake!

Respected Contributor

Yangya, I decided to e-mail WEN CS, and Britt got back to me REALLY fast, and said to heat-style first, then use the paste.  So far I haven't heat-styled, but I've tried the paste twice.  I put it on my dry hair yesterday, and it held up against serious humidity and kept my permed waves nicely defined.  Last night, after cleansing and putting in styling creme, I put my shoulder-length hair up in a very high ponytail with a spiral plastic hairband, used just maybe a quarter of a teaspoon of the paste, and worked it through my ends, then wrapped the ponytail around the hairband and put a round-ish banana clip on it to hold it in a bun overnight.  This morning I took it down and it finished drying naturally, but has looked totally "beachwaved" all day long, like I just walked up the beach out of the ocean.  I'm really happy with the hold of this product, it's seriously stout!  You are right that it completely tames any frizz, I feel almost like that actor that does the rental car commercials (National, I think?) where he has a fright wig on in the shower, then steps out of the steam with a suit on and his hair all combed and neat.  Later he's walking down a line of cars, stops to talk to the camera again, and one patch of hair starts to stick up, and he makes a warning noise and the hair lays back down again.  All special effects of course, but I think that my hair would not DARE disobey me when I use the Bella Spirit Texture Paste!  Chaz could rename it "Control Freak"!  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @CamilleP .

Valued Contributor

@x Hedge  @77yangya Thanks for your thoughts. Mine arrives Monday, I’m excited to try it!

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

Just orderd mine! I can’t wait to try this on my curls!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE the Wen Men's Texture Paste and couldn't hit speed buy fast enough when I saw this Bella Spirit duo!!!  This product is right at the top of my favorite Wen styling items. I get fabulous lasting results, thickens the appearance of my hair, adds beaucoup body plus volume, and all while keeping my hair soft and natural looking. Styling with this is a pure joy and so look forward to receiving this new release! 😚 👍💓

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I caved!  I'm in!  

The Bella Spirit line is aces for me, too.  

Thanks for the reminder to rake.  I sort of squish into my hair.  

Loving the product sales the past two days.  Wish he was on all month -- I get so excited watching his demo's.