WEN

Honored Contributor

Sorry, everyone else, but thought this would be the best way to get a hold of bebe; not sure she looks anywhere else but WEN. Smiley Happy

Concerning Lessman's past weekend "online only" presentations, I was curious to hear your feedback. Not on the products because I agree with you that they are very good. 

I was VERY turned off by him calling Dr. Oz a "pathalogical liar." Whether that is true or not, it was very unprofessional and my opinion of Lessman as an individual went way, way down. He said this two different times that I heard; maybe more, since I stopped watching because of that and the continual looking around for Lincoln the dog. He could have just said he disagreed with a popular TV host.

I found him to be just great when he talked about his products, very knowledgeable. But he was continually distracted by where his dog was, by Muriel coming in with the latest question, telling us what he would be talking about later, etc. 

His first 30-minute segment wasn't anything, as you alluded to in another post. He just kept saying what the other segments would be about. And when I listened to the next one, he kept alluding to the fact that "in the next presentation" he would talk about weight loss, wasting time talking about what he wasn't going to cover at the present time. I just felt he was scattered, wasn't as focused as he is when on HSN, and I ended up not finishing the third presentation, and never watching the fourth one.

Is it just me or did you see him the way I am describing? I wanted to see what he had to say about marine collagen, as that was a question I submitted. But, quite franikly, I was so irked by the interruptions, the distractions, and the name calling of other professionals, that I never got past the products in the "C" category. There was no way I was going to continue to listen until he got to the "M's."  Smiley Sad

You've been following him much longer than me, so your perspective would be interesting. I will not hesitate to listen to him when he is on an HSN program again, because the dog won't be there and I woudn't think he would speak of any specific person with slander. Having worked for many years in the legal field, someone could start a slander suit. How far it would go is another guess, but I for one wouldm't want to be called a pathological liar.

Thanks for any thoughts you want to share.

Honored Contributor

The best way to reach any forum member is to tag the person in the post with the @ symbol before his or her name. If you used @bebe777, it sends her a notification that someone has mentioned her in the post and a link to the post she's mentioned in.

And I had no problem with him calling out Dr Oz. Dr Oz is a danger because he's a fraud and a lot of people put their faith in him. More people need to call him out on the harm he's doing.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

And I had no problem with him calling out Dr Oz. Dr Oz is a danger because he's a fraud and a lot of people put their faith in him. More people need to call him out on the harm he's doing.

@ChynnaBlue

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

ITA.

He has been doing this from way back when, OZ  had a web site and anyone and anything that gave him money Oz would  endorse the product and support it no matter if there was any research on it . He is the biggest fraud going.

Andrew is a lawyer and probably surrounds himself with top lawyers and I am positive he can support what he says.

That being said sometimes Andrew can lose track to anything when it comes to his dog. It might have been his first online special - I only glanced at it and ordered the Oatmeal. It appears to be a nice product.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bebe - Lessman

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

Sorry, everyone else, but thought this would be the best way to get a hold of bebe; not sure she looks anywhere else but WEN. Smiley Happy

@World Traveler

No worries, we know for sure she will check out the Wen forum.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

ITA.

He has been doing this from way back when, OZ  had a web site and anyone and anything that gave him money Oz would  endorse the product and support it no matter if there was any research on it . He is the biggest fraud going.

Andrew is a lawyer and probably surrounds himself with top lawyers and I am positive he can support what he says.

That being said sometimes Andrew can lose track to anything when it comes to his dog. It might have been his first online special - I only glanced at it and ordered the Oatmeal. It appears to be a nice product.

I watched part of one live show and didn't buy the TS, but I did buy a small bottle of cinnamon, a product I hadn't considered before. He talked about how it helps balance blood sugar and I thought that would be worth trying.

After the event was over, I did go back to his site and listened to all of the shows for the information. I don't care about organic or gluten-free and I don't want to buy oatmeal that has to be shipped, but I will probably go out and buy some steel cut oatmeal at the grocery store. I do like oatmeal. I loved his tip about putting the dry oats into a food processor or blender and pulsing it a few times to turn the oats into quick oats with a 5 minute cooking time.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I watched part of one live show and didn't buy the TS, but I did buy a small bottle of cinnamon, a product I hadn't considered before. He talked about how it helps balance blood sugar and I thought that would be worth trying.

After the event was over, I did go back to his site and listened to all of the shows for the information. I don't care about organic or gluten-free and I don't want to buy oatmeal that has to be shipped, but I will probably go out and buy some steel cut oatmeal at the grocery store. I do like oatmeal. I loved his tip about putting the dry oats into a food processor or blender and pulsing it a few times to turn the oats into quick oats with a 5 minute cooking time.

The ladies of the Kitchen forum have talke about Cassia cinnamon for years, The biggest point Andrew makes is that his is standardized.  I wish he would just sell it in a bottle. I love cinnamon. 

You can also make oat flour by letting the food processor run super high and a bit longer.  I wanted to try it because he put the Cholesta Care in it and Muriel who is a mega athelete was able to lower her number to the best in her lifetime.

It is a very nice tasting oatmeal. I usually make bars or granola and muffins with it.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@The best way to reach any forum member is to tag the person in the post with the @ symbol before his or her name. If you used @bebe777, it sends her a notification that someone has mentioned her in the post and a link to the post she's mentioned in.

@So the reference line just says @bebe777? Nothing else? Or do you mean inside the post, not the reference line? Because I wanted to send something to Sonechko too about another matter and didn't want to bore you WEN people with something you probably aren't intereted in.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@The best way to reach any forum member is to tag the person in the post with the @ symbol before his or her name. If you used @bebe777, it sends her a notification that someone has mentioned her in the post and a link to the post she's mentioned in.

@So the reference line just says @bebe777? Nothing else? Or do you mean inside the post, not the reference line? Because I wanted to send something to Sonechko too about another matter and didn't want to bore you WEN people with something you probably aren't intereted in.

@World Traveler, it has to be inside the post, not the subject line. And you can't send a message only to one person, but if you tag someone, that person gets a notice that she's been mentioned in the post. Everyone else still sees it, but only the people you tag get a notification.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bebe - Lessman

[ Edited ]

I don't have a problem with him calling Dr. Oz a liar either. He was pretty good when his show first started. Now it's all about the money & who cares about anything else. Andrew used to be a lawyer so I'm sure he knows just what he can say & what he cannot say. I'm glad he called out all these companies by name. Someone needs to do it. He should have mentioned Monsanto, GMO's & Roundup. Kudos to Andrew. I watched each of the videos after they aired. I did not like that he repeated so much of the same on each video. That's time consuming & I don't care to listen to the same thing over & over. He did talk a little about calcium/magnesium, d3, K2 (MK7) but I still don't know how much of each to take. You need to take the right about of each so it goes to your bones & not your arteries. The amount will depend on weight & I don't know what else. I still take D3 & had my levels checked & they are where they need to be. Have not been taking calcium/magnesium or K2 because I don't know how much to take. I guess he probably cannot get into the specifics since there is so much you can or cannot say. I don't want to do more harm then good. He says to discuss this with your doctor. Good Luck with that. I have never seen a doctor that was able to answer any questions when it comes to supplements. My doctor thinks it's a waste of money. He said it goes in one end & right out the other. I aksed him how much calcium/magnesium, d3, & K2 I should take so I would be taking a balanced amount. He just gave me the old deer in the headlights look.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@World Traveler, it has to be inside the post, not the subject line. And you can't send a message only to one person, but if you tag someone, that person gets a notice that she's been mentioned in the post. Everyone else still sees it, but only the people you tag get a notification.

Okay, got it! Thanks.