WEN

Regular Contributor

Bamboo Green Tea EDP

[ Edited ]

Have any of you tried the BGT (or MIF) EDP? It’s not on QVC, but it is on Chaz’s website and on eBay.

Just curious if it’s as nice as the CC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenqueen

I love the BGT CC and all the ancillary products. I ordered the edp when it debuted and was very excited to receive this new addition to the Bamboo Green Tea family.

Unfortunately the edp didn't work out for me. I did not find the fragrance to be a clone of the CC or anything else. I was truly disappointed and returned the edp.

I do enjoy the MIF edp much more than I'd expected. Chaz had previously offered sampler sets awhile back which included the MIF. I find it to be a pleasant and inviting wood base with soft and warm green undertones, very much like the scent in the other products but softer and more subtle on me. Very nice. I was pleasantly surprised. 

Fragrance is so personal. We all have different body chemistry. What is fabulous on you may not be the same on me and so on. If you see some sample sizes at a decent price give these a try. One or both may very well be perfect for you.

Do use currently use any of the Wen edp's? Do you have a favorite?

Regular Contributor

@rochelleS

Actually, I haven't tried any of the EDPs yet....but was looking to try some.

I like crisp clean scents, so BGT seemed like a natural choice.  I'm also intrigued by the FTP EDP, but I saw many reviews saying the scent doesn't last long.

I just wish there was a store we could go to to smell everything!  Buying expensive scents online is risky...

I'm sure I'll cave though...lol!

Respected Contributor

Hi @Greenqueen, I noticed Rochelle likes the Mandarin better than the Bamboo.  I tried both EDPs and I like Bamboo way better.  Like she said, smell is so personal, what one likes someone else doesn't.  To me, the Bamboo smelled just like the CC.  I guess the parfumes come and go on QVC's site.  Sometimes Chaz has the 10ml sizes on his site.  I got some of those, they're not too expensive, easy pay is not needed for those.  Sometimes, I have to pick and choose, LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Greenqueen wrote:

I just wish there was a store we could go to to smell everything!  Buying expensive scents online is risky...

@Greenqueen No risk with QVC. If you don't care for the product, you may return it. It may cost you the shipping expense, but that is much less than paying for a full bottle you don't like. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenqueen

I've enjoyed fresh clean fragrance and still have Pure Grace and Clean Ultimate in my collection. Yet, I've found myself quite taken with several of the Wen offerings. It all started with the scented Nourishing Body Treatment. If you haven't had the incredible pleasure of trying any of these products, do consider. I find the scent to be long lasting and there's been multiple great offers of a 32oz CC with the NBT that has been popping up at great prices. Or an edp plus the NBT in the giftable boxed sets. The extended return policy is in your favor.

You may like the Light scent. I must defer to others who love this popular scent as on me it was too manly for my personal pleasure. Again, that body chemistry thing, the skin's Ph and more that'll have you smelling like a "rose" and leaves me scrunching my nose. I tried the Tuscan Pear edp and could only smell apple on me. Bright, beautiful crispy juicy apple. No pear. See what I mean...

I did check out ebays offers. I don't see any sample or decanted sizes offered by the sellers. There were a couple Love samples available. Those were included as a gift in the gallons last year. I do like the Love fragrance. It is a clean crisp citrusy open with a soft floral drydown. It's quite pleasant and available in a boxed set here too. Btw, all of my Wen edp's have been long lasting for and on me. Never had an issue there.

Regular Contributor

I'd like to try the cucumber basil EDP as well...that sounds up my alley.  We should start a train of notecards sprayed with perfume! Lol.

@World Traveler

Does Chaz's website have returns of open products?  The one's I'm interested in aren't at QVC (currently anyway).

Oh, and I lied...I got a sample of Hope with my last gallon!  It was only ok to my nose.

Regular Contributor

Also, do you guys know if Chaz's site typically has good sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Greenqueen wrote:

@World Traveler

Does Chaz's website have returns of open products?  The one's I'm interested in aren't at QVC (currently anyway).

@Greenqueen I would imagine his website would offers the same return policy that QVC has. You might call the number on any WEN products you may have and ask them first, to make sure before you do that. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Greenqueen wrote:

Also, do you guys know if Chaz's site typically has good sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

@Greenqueen  Chaz often does a 20% off sale for black Friday