WEN

Honored Contributor

I wonder why Chaz changed from number of pumps to golf balls.  For me, it's easier to measure # of pumps rather than golf balls since ball size is  more about perception, not as precise as counting pumps.  What about y'all?  Do you go by golf balls or # of pumps?  I'm a pump kind of girl.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

Pumps for me....

Esteemed Contributor

Balls

Respected Contributor

Hi @SurferWife, I usually would count but since Chaz began suggesting golf ball sizes, I did that too.  I mostly count though because my hair grows so daggone fast so if I don't add a few more pumps, my ends get too dry, so, yeah, I mostly count.  LOL!!

Super Contributor

When I started using Wen, I used the pump a couple times.  I found out how much cleanser/conditioner I needed, removed the pump and never looked back.  I keep my Wen upside down so it dispenses easily.  I don't like using a pump.

Super Contributor

Balls for me and I apologize for giggling at this conversation Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I prefer pumps for more accuracy.  If I put too many "pumps" into the palm of my hand, the CC ends up sliding off of my hand and onto the shower floor. (No bueno!)

Plus, part of the wonderful Wen experience is counting out the pumps: one, two, three, or two, four, six (for the 32 oz size).  Yep, I'm a pump kind of Wenner!

Respected Contributor

I do pumps, but into my "whipped up wen" container that I add water too..(thanks @x Hedge)...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Neither, really.  I also have gotten so that I can judge by how much I have in my hand.  I usually use the same three or four formulas and know how much of each I need.

I’m pretty sure the golf ball analogy came about from the fact that we now have several different bottle sizes, and so the pump sizes are different too, which, of course, means that a different amount of product comes out of each size.  It’s easier for Chaz to get across to new users how much to use talking size rather than having to explain how many pumps of each size bottle to use.  

I’ve heard so many people calling in wondering how much CC to use, and all I can assume is that they weren’t paying attention to the presentation when he would explain the number of pumps depends on the size of the bottle!  

Super Contributor

Re: Balls vs. Pumps

[ Edited ]

I use the "balls" method! LOL  Have to laugh at this. Smiley LOL  It was diffucult for me to remember how many pumps because i had different size bottles and even the pumps on the 32 oz's would dispense different amounts.