WEN

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@CoastalGal I think, like you mentioned, it would be the elasticity, help with wrinkles, etc., that would be good to have in a skin care product.

He usually mentions that those two things are in it, but because he can't make claims, he adds something like "hop on the Internet to see why Arnica and Vitamin K are good for you." He indicates the same thing when he talks about the benefits of Tea Tree on the scalp.

I am going to make a note and when I see him next month for a haircut, I will specifically ask him to explain what he was going for when he included them in the products and report back (if someone doesn't respond with an answer that Chaz may have given on social media). Heart

That would be amazing !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I know from experience that arnica is good for bruises, inflammation, and I have put it directly on open cuts. I had a doctor tell me to get it (no prescription required) before a surgery I had. I got it in tiny little pills that I put under my tongue. Started a week before surgery and until a week after surgery.

I suspect he puts arnica in some of his skin products for the very reason my doctor told me to use.

@World Traveler

I too was "prescribed" arnica exactly like you for a surgical procedure. I experienced very little swelling and bruising and recall the surgeon being very pleased at the time. That was my first introduction to arnica and it's benefits. I haven't researched Vitamin K yet but I agree it's a great question for your next salon visit. Thanks for adding it to your list! ♡♡♡

Super Contributor

I believe I also read Vitamin K has some anti-inflammatory properties. I have also read of physiotherapists and massage therapists using arnica on athletes.

I've also read that it shouldn't be applied on broken skin, but I'm unsure if it's above a certain % in the product and if the NBT has enough in it.

Respected Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

Chaz mentions this a lot for some of his products .  Can someone tell me what the actual benefits  are ?  Not just the actual defintion .

Thanks !!!

@CoastalGal Vitamin K is for hyperpigmentation, when you have a blemish. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012