WEN

Trusted Contributor

Arnica and Vitamin K

[ Edited ]

Chaz mentions this a lot for some of his products .  Can someone tell me what the actual benefits  are ?  Not just the actual defintion .

Thanks !!!

Honored Contributor

I know from experience that arnica is good for bruises, inflammation, and I have put it directly on open cuts. I had a doctor tell me to get it (no prescription required) before a surgery I had. I got it in tiny little pills that I put under my tongue. Started a week before surgery and until a week after surgery.

I suspect he puts arnica in some of his skin products for the very reason my doctor told me to use.

Honored Contributor

Just checked on Vitamin K, and from what I can see, among other things (like preventing blood clotting), it appears that it helps with the elasticity of skin, also the prevention of wrinkles/sagging.

I like that he has included Vitamin K and also arnica with his skin products.

Honored Contributor

People taking blood thinners have to really limit foods containing vitamin K, so they probably should not use any cosmetic product containing it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Arnica is great for immediate use on bruising, it actually helps stop black and blue marks and swellings from occurring. It also helps osteoarthritic pain. In both instances I am referring to the gel form.

It should NOT be used on broken skin——-too much can be absorbed.

Vitamin K is a necessary in the clotting of blood.

Easy site for reference is Web MD

Honored Contributor

@IMW I heard that about Arnica, that it helped with osteoarthritic pain. Seems to do a lot of things. The type I took was called "Arnica K," so I am assuming there was Vitamin K in it also. Or maybe the K stands for something else. 

Trusted Contributor

Still cant figure out what the benefits are for skin ~ except elasicity that someone mentioned ~ I doubt bruising is something normally needed in skin care ~  

Honored Contributor

Re: Arnica and Vitamin K

[ Edited ]

@CoastalGal I think, like you mentioned, it would be the elasticity, help with wrinkles, etc., that would be good to have in a skin care product.

He usually mentions that those two things are in it, but because he can't make claims, he adds something like "hop on the Internet to see why Arnica and Vitamin K are good for you." He indicates the same thing when he talks about the benefits of Tea Tree on the scalp.

I am going to make a note and when I see him next month for a haircut, I will specifically ask him to explain what he was going for when he included them in the products and report back (if someone doesn't respond with an answer that Chaz may have given on social media). Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi @CoastalGal

Yes, Chaz is correct in his telling us to "jump on your computers and see the benefits of Vitamin K and arnica". 

This combonation helps in the healing of bruising and dark circles under the eyes, is helpful in spider veins.  Helps in the healing and softening of scaring, which I have and it IS helping.

Well, sort of like dat dere!  LOL.  No, seriously, I did find this when I researched it.  I've used Chaz's NBTs, (Nourishing Body Treatment) since it's been offered.  I've never been without it and in fact, have quite a decent amount of it.  It's a miracle in a jar.

After my shower, I've scrubbed, rinsed you name it and my skin is STILL like BUTTER after that.  The results are LASTING.  I promise you.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Just checked on Vitamin K, and from what I can see, among other things (like preventing blood clotting), it appears that it helps with the elasticity of skin, also the prevention of wrinkles/sagging.

I like that he has included Vitamin K and also arnica with his skin products.

Hi, World Traveler, YES, this is quite true.  I found this too when I researched, forgot to mention it.  When I had infection at incission site I used it there and it healed nicely.

It DOES improve elasticity in the skin.