WEN

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Hedge, the QVC version is not the Aquis brand, and is just basically a terrycloth towel sewn into a turban.  It is a little more absorbent than the interlock turban I bought at Walmart, but it can leave your hair quite frizzy in comparison to either interlock cotton or the Aquis brand, which has more of a suedecloth texture, and does not leave hair frizzy.  Now that I've used all three brands, I can state that, IMHO, the Aquis is by far the best quality product.  If you don't get frizzy hair, then the QVC towels will probably be okay.

Very true @CamilleP...you can’t beat Aquis!i just got my turban & absolutely love it. I wish I would have gotten 2!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @CamilleP. 

I didn't see a post saying what the Aquis choice was made of. There's no longer any info at the gmadeal site.

Respected Contributor

I think the Aquis is still 100% cotton, it's just that the texture is much finer, and the weave is tighter.  I didn't keep the product info I got in the packaging, but I'm sure if you do a web search for the Aquis brand name, you'll get more info than I am remembering.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  not sure if you saw my post, I missed the deal but got one at Bed Bath & Beyond...$19....Love it 

Regular Contributor

Re: Aquis 12-6 & 7-2018

[ Edited ]

Can anyone comment on the Aquis towel vs Aquis turban?  Do you like one more than the other?

Does the turban work if you have long hair?

Frequent Contributor

@Greenqueen

Hi, My hair is almost to the middle of my back.   When I used the store bought turbies my hair is to the bottom of the turban when I flip my head over to wrap.  Using the Aquis there is still plenty of room at the bottom, probably a good 3 to 4 inches, so it is much larger, with plenty of room to spare.

Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor
@CamilleP I was using those terrycloth turbans for years before trying Aquis. Now I can see they may have part of the reason for frizz.
Bought a bunch of Aquis turbans for my gf's as gifts and can't wait to hear what they think of them.
Regular Contributor

I have a couple of Aquis Towels and they are 80% polyester and 20% nylon.  That goes for the turban, the body towels, and the lisse luxe towels that I own.  

@CamilleP wrote:

I think the Aquis is still 100% cotton, it's just that the texture is much finer, and the weave is tighter.  I didn't keep the product info I got in the packaging, but I'm sure if you do a web search for the Aquis brand name, you'll get more info than I am remembering.

Regular Contributor

I gave one of these turbans to my mom which thank me a few days ago because everybody is complimenting her hair and that is the only new thing that she is using.  She told me she has been using it for three weeks now, that it cuts her drying time in half and since she is not frying her hair with heat, her hair looks voluminous, healthy and full of shine.  I already knew this but I just wanted her to see for herself.  So here I am sharing her feedback and thanking @rochelleSagain.  Thank you so much!!!  

Trusted Contributor

WHAT is a good price for these ? and best to buy ~ either store or online