WEN

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS...I have an aquis towel but not the turban (it’s on it’s way). I like the towel but it’s not quite big enough for Plopping. I’m looking forward to trying the turban.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Rochelle, I got my Aquis turbies today in the mail, but DH has a huge load of laundry in the washer right now, so I have to wait until it's done to do a quick hand-wash of the turbies and let the machine give them a quick spin to get most of the water out.  Then I have to wait until his laundry is out of the dryer to put the turbies in to get them dry!  I hope I get to try them tonight!  ("MEN!  Can't live with 'em, can't bury 'em in the backyard or the dogs will dig 'em up!")   Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Aquis 12-6 & 7-2018

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP

Yay! Mine haven't arrived yet, should be here soon though. I must admit when I received my first order I was so excited to try the new turbie that I didn't prewash it. 🙄 I jumped right in without reading the directions and it was super absorbent and I fell in love. I did an "oops" when I saw the instructions, oh well, there's worse things than my eager oversight.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like your new turbie very soon. 😊 Hug your hubby! I'm one who'll always appreciate a guy doing his laundry! ♡♡♡

P.S. @CamilleP, you'd questioned the shipping time up thread. It appears your turnaround time was a week. That's pretty darn good in the midst of seasonal mail.

Respected Contributor

Well, I hand-washed and rinsed both of them, but after the first dunking I did them separately!  I ordered one in a sort of mint green and the other is burgundy-colored.  If I had not pre-washed that one I would have had dark red streaks in my hair!  It bled into the wash water, it bled into the rinse, I soaked it in water with apple cider vinegar (hoping that would act as a mordant) and it bled into that, then I soaked it in salt water (another mordant candidate) and it bled into that.  So I spun it out separately,  and am going to dry it in a medium-heat dryer and HOPE that sets the color!  I really don't want wine-colored streaks on my hair, LOL

Respected Contributor

The drier seems to have set the color in the wine-colored turbie, thankfully.  I am very impressed with how much better this brand works than any other hair towel I have ever used, it really does absorb better, and it also dries faster when I hang it up.  I'm really glad I bought two, although they seem to be incredibly durable, I expect them to last for years.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Aquis 12-6 & 7-2018

[ Edited ]

Back with my review. 

This towel is amazing!!  OMG as soon as I took it out of the package, the feel of the towel, pure luxury.  The material is so different than the drug store turbie towels.  I bought the gray and wine.

Opened the gray and used it without reading the directions too LOL ( I didn't prewash it prior to use).  Thank you to @CamilleP posting about the wine towel bleeding.  I will have to definitely remember to wash it before using separately from my other laundry.

My curls stay curls.  I use my Wen products, put the towel on after my shower and when I take it off my curls are defined.  Leave the rest air dry and out the door to work I go.

Thank you for recommending this towel.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you caught my post about the wine color bleeding, depending on your hair color you might have had a VERY interesting hair color job right before the holidays, or at least a laundry disaster! 

Respected Contributor

This hair wrap is super amazing!  I missed out on the sale, so I got one at Bed Bath & Beyond...(probably paid more $) mine was $!9.00....but so glad I did, it gave my hair kind of a softre different texture..(and I already used another nice head wrap) so it's a winner here!

Esteemed Contributor

The QVC Big Deal V-35956 is a set of 5 Turbies.

They're 100% cotton.

Are these a different size or fabric than the turbies

that were offered on gmadeals earlier this month?

Respected Contributor

Hedge, the QVC version is not the Aquis brand, and is just basically a terrycloth towel sewn into a turban.  It is a little more absorbent than the interlock turban I bought at Walmart, but it can leave your hair quite frizzy in comparison to either interlock cotton or the Aquis brand, which has more of a suedecloth texture, and does not leave hair frizzy.  Now that I've used all three brands, I can state that, IMHO, the Aquis is by far the best quality product.  If you don't get frizzy hair, then the QVC towels will probably be okay.