WEN

Regular Contributor

Anyone use a Guthy Renker WEN Almond Mint CC? What were your results? +++

Most of my WEN stash is from QVC, and I have never had any issues with them. They are great. 

BUT, I just found a few bottles of unopened Guthy Renker WEN Almond Mint.  

I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about using those bottles due to the whole issue surrounding the diff ingredients from those in the QVC WEN.  I hate to toss them since they are unopened. I want to use them, but am a bit scared now. I may just use them as leg shaving cream.. I have used WEN for that in the past and it is wonderful!

Questions--

Has/Is anyone here used/using Guthy Renker AM?

Did you have any issues?

Has anyone ever added pure Tea Tree Oil to a WEN CC?

I am on a dreaded No Buy for 2 mos, ugh!! Lol  and I ran out of my WEN TT cc. I was hoping to add some pure TT Oil to that Almond Mint cc. 

Would that work? I need it to still be color safe, as my hair is bleached and toned. I would think it should be OK. ??

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use a Guthy Renker WEN Almond Mint CC? What were your results? +++

@Wannabeincali wrote:

Most of my WEN stash is from QVC, and I have never had any issues with them. They are great. 

I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about using those bottles due to the whole issue surrounding the diff ingredients from those in the QVC WEN.  I hate to toss them since they are unopened. I want to use them, but am a bit scared now. I may just use them as leg shaving cream.. I have used WEN for that in the past and it is wonderful!

Questions--

Did you have any issues?

I am on a dreaded No Buy for 2 mos, ugh!! Lol  and I ran out of my WEN TT cc. I was hoping to add some pure TT Oil to that Almond Mint cc. 

Would that work? I need it to still be color safe, as my hair is bleached and toned. I would think it should be OK. ??

Thanks!

@Wannabeincali

? # 1.  No I haven't

? # 2.  Suggest you contact WEN customer service.  

Phone # on WEN bottle.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi drythe!

On question 1,

....no you haven't tried the GR Almond Mint cc?

or, 

....no you have not had any problems when you used a GR Almond Mint cc?

Thanks!

EDIT:

NO need to reply Drythe, as I just saw that TTO cc is available on SIX easy pay! Woot! Lol I just had to break my no-buy! Smiley Happy I did not want to chance using the GRenker WEN on my hair. I will just stick to my qvc stash.

I cannot wait to get my TTO cc! It really is fabulous for my scalp.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't get involved with buying anything from GR.  It's really easy to sign up for something, anything but it's hard to get out/cancel if you so choose.  You can do it but it's hard, they try to talk you into not cancelling. 

Regular Contributor

Pinkdogwood,

My question was in regard to OLD GR purchases I had recently found. Smiley Happy I signed up with GR the first time I discovvered WEN. Soon after, I would ONLY purchase WEN from qvc, because of their easy pay. The OLD stash of WEN was in a box, way backmin one of our closets. I forgot all about it, as it was in one of the many boxes we had because of our move. I guess I forgot all about it. No worries though, as I bought a large 32 oz of TTO from qvc last night. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your concern! Smiley Happy I will stick to either qvc or chazdean.com for all of my future WEN buys.

Respected Contributor

Hi!  Yes, I did have an account with them and yes, it's safe to use it.  I've used it.  It's not a fake.  The only thing I'd be afraid of is I bought anything from ebay or amazon because the sellers but filler in and double the price.  The Guthy Renker version has no fakes.  I've used Wen I've had for years, even opened and it can do no harm.  I would advise, the the others, to only purchase at QVC or Chaz's site though.  GR has lousy business practices, I'm sorry to say BUT I sincerely believe they have NO fakes.  I can understand your hesitancy though. xo

Regular Contributor

Hi yangya!

Thanks for your reply. 

I was not worried that GR was seeling fakes. I was just worried that maybe their WEN really did have some issues *due to the legal problems etc only naming GR vs the other sellers.* I am not going to srress over it though. Smiley Happy  I will just save those two botttles as leg shaving cream. All of my other WEN bottles are from qvc, and those are the ones I use for my hair. I even use my WEN on my little Shih Tzu! I bought the PetWEN, but she seems to prefer my beloved Lavender WEN, which is now basically just hers. ugh. Lol Her coat is gorgeous! We have both used it for over 5 years.haha When I kept her in full coat, WEN was the only hair product that would keep her mat free. I cut her down a few years ago, but still use WEN for her. I will see if I can attach her pic here---not sure how to, as I am new to this forum.

I love all of my WEN, but Cucumber Aloe, Lavender, the Mango Coconut one *forgot the name*, the Apple one *Harvest? or???*, and TTO are best on my hair type (double processed blonde). 

Trusted Contributor

@Wannabeincali wrote:

Questions--

Did you have any issues?

Thanks!

@Wannabeincali, Do NOT add pure Tea Tree essential oil to anything without mixing with a carrier oil first. Tea Tree is very strong straight so it has to be mixed. As far as mixing it with a CC, I have never done so but I have mixed it with Jojoba oil. I would read up on what you can blend TT oil into safely.

#IAmTeamWen
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Nikki48! Smiley Happy
Thanks for the warning, but yes I know not to add pure essential oils to my skin. Many others may not know that, so thanks for including that info. Smiley Happy  I have been a practitioner of holistic health and nutrition for over 14 years. I love using essential oils for many skin care issues, and frequently add them to products. I love adding them to shea butter for a wonderful body butter mix or even for hair. Smiley Happy  I just was not sure how WEN would react if I added some pure TTO to it, but I went ahead and just ordered more of the WEN TTO cc. 

Thanks again!
And ohhhh! for anyone who has a cat or a toy breed dog, please do NOT add TTO to their skin. It is highly toxic to cats, and very iffy on tiny breed dogs. Smiley Sad  We had a horrible situation occur when many years ago I added just 2 drops of TTO on my little Shih Tzu;s tail (she had a cyst). Back then I did not know to not add essential oils "straight", and I did not know that many toy breeds had toxicity reactions to TTO. She began showing signs of atoxia. Smiley Sad Thankfully, I had a homeopathic detoxifier on hand, so by the time we raced her to the vet, she was actually almost back to a 100% normal.  Many years later, a homeopath who also owned Shih Tzu, showed me that I could add TTO safely to her shampoos (just a few drops to her shampoo bottle), or I could add a bit to a tub of water as a rinse (she had yeasty paw issues at the time, and TTO is an excellent anti fungal). It worked! She was totally fine. However, I would still warn owners of toy breed dogs to be cautious when trying this. I remember I freaked out a bit when I first learned that Pet WEN contained TTO. It was soon after that time that I learned how to add it safely for my Shih Tzu. She has used WEN Pets with no problem. I still wonder if it is safe for cats, though.....    I would just suggest owners of cats check with their vets first.

Ok, a bit off topic! lol Sorry! Smiley Happy  

Thanks again for mentioning the essential oil info, Nikki48!

__

EDIT:
LOL. Sorry for any confusion. To clarify,

1- Yes, in my original post,  I wanted to know if I could ADD pure TTO to MY wen cc for my own use (not for my dog's). Smiley Happy  

2- I later got off topic in my later post, and just mentioned that TTO can be toxic to cats and to some toy breed dogs if given full strength (I still am not sure whether cats should ever be exposed to TTO, as I do not have a cat).. I also said I had used TTO in the past on my little dog (just 2 drops on her tail), and we had problems with toxicity. I later was instructed by a vet to just add a few drops of TTO to her shampoo, and that worked fine. I then cautioned others to make sure they speak to their vets before using TTO on their small dogs. And yes, I do know now not to ever use essential oils at full strength even on myself, but to dilute it with a carrier oil. 

Sorry for all of the confusion! I should have stayed on topic. lol Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, wannabeincali!  I read my post and wow, I was half asleep when I wrote it, so many mistakes!  Anyway, LOL!  Yeah, GR is safe to use.  I forgot about the rest of your post.  You could add oil to the CC.  I mix all kinds of Wen stuff.  I always say, the only thing you can't do with Wen is eat it! LOL!!!!  Yes, Wen Pets is really great for pets.  Chaz's 613 version of it, I'm not sure, it did not look like there was tea tree oil in it, I could be wrong.  See, I have a cat, or does she have me....anyway, I was told tt oil is not good for cats.  I got the Wen Pets when it first came out and without diluting it slathered it all over her.  She smelled AMAZING and her coat glistened.  When I found out that you really shouldn't use tt oil on cats I got afraid and did not use it on her anymore.  It didn't hurt her in any way though.  For dogs it must be fabulous since Chaz uses it on his all the time.  I use SAM RTM sometimes when she comes home dirty and after washing her and drying her I put some of the RTM, a little bit on her.  I use the SAM CC to clean her up too here and there.  Oh, you mean Fall Apple Spice!  LOL!  I love them all too!