WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone "cleanse" daily - Short cuts?

HYA Folks!

I have extremely oily scalp but I can go a day in between.  I use Wen only and I have for ten years.  Anyway, like Hedge said, rinse out the first cleanse quickly.  This is what I do.  Well, first, I rinse when I first get in then first cleanse in and out now I do second cleanse and I rake, rake, rake, comb through.  Blob it all on top of my head and do my shower.  When it's time to rinse I do the same, rake again and again and comb and make sure it's squeaky clean.  I put back in one pump of CC, one pump styling creme and around seven or eight pumps of mousse and pea size of Bella Curl Creme.  I rake again and again and comb and squeeze water out.  My hair is medium texture and to my shoulders.  It's growing like wild fire.  Anyway even though I have oily scalp I always put the CC back in.  It give BOUNCE and BODY, SHINE.  I cleanse every day because I enjoy it so much.  When I blow dry, I use warm to cool air, takes around 15 minutes and I DO NOT even need to comb when I'm done!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl  I don't use Wen anymore (only for financial reasons) but I could never do 2nd day hair, either...I also use hairspray 6 days a week, and just couldn't restyle my hair to look good the next day.

What I did was, instead of 2 cleanses each day, I only did one...using half the recommended number of pumps for my hair. I have a chin-length layered bob, fairly thick. I think the "recommended" number of pumps for me was 16, or 8 for first cleanse, 8 for 2nd.

I just used 8 pumps for one cleanse each day...while in the shower, I wet my hair, worked the Wen through it very well, combed it through, then let it sit while I did everything else. Then I stuck my head under the spray for more water, worked it into a froth, massaged my scalp, and rinsed. Done!

My hair looked great, maybe not quite as good as the Wen models, lol, but still really good!

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi @x Hedge 

Thank you!! I am glad to have another everyday cleanser  Smiley Happy  If I do not leave the house on the weekend I of course give my hair a break and just wear oils in it all day long!

I will for SURE be trying this one cleanser and whip my product the night before, I know there is instructions on that, need to look it up, I always thought I "Had" to do the two.

Thank you for your input, greatly appreciated, I will try it!!

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@quadmimi @x Hedge 

Thank you!! I am glad to have another everyday cleanser  Smiley Happy  If I do not leave the house on the weekend I of course give my hair a break and just wear oils in it all day long!

I will for SURE be trying this one cleanser and whip my product the night before, I know there is instructions on that, need to look it up, I always thought I "Had" to do the two.

Thank you for your input, greatly appreciated, I will try it!!

@SandGirlYes @x Hedge has a post about whipping the Wen..It works so well for me.

For my hair,  the one cleanse works, (I know it wouldn't for everyone), but my hair is very thin, (just the way it is) so between that and cleansing daily it just works. Smiley Happy I love my Wen..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

OK @Hedge   I'm trying this your way Woman SurprisedIf I do it wrong you have to fix it Smiley Wink

@SandGirl   This is a link to the pre-whipped WEN thread (I hope) LOL

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/Pre-Blended-Whipped-Up-Wen-Treasures/m-p/5319582#M64247

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge - Re: Whipped Wen - I have to ask, where did you get those little cups with the lids? They would make my life easier when I "whip" my cleansers. TIA Riley1

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@x Hedge - Re: Whipped Wen - I have to ask, where did you get those little cups with the lids? They would make my life easier when I "whip" my cleansers. TIA Riley1

I think it was Sam's Club.

But could be anywhere with catering/food service supplies.

Those are the 6oz Solo cups and I like those best. I spill too much trying to stir 'neatly' in the 4oz cups.

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I have long hair to my bra line and if I leave the house, my hair is washed, dried and styled, been doing it for 35 years not stopping now, I just cannot do 2nd day hair since I spray and style my hair  - But, I do love WEN but I find myself wanting to find a good Shampoo and Cond. to use instead of WEN only because the daily shower process just kills me, i could cut out at least 10++ Min if I just shampoo'd and conditioned - I do first shampoo - let it sit some then 2nd - let it sit some and the rinse process is just on going, I do not have thick hair, just average but I do have fine hairs - but, if I don't get it all out then my hair is weighed down.

So, i guess I am here to find out if there is a way to speed up my daily process w/out having to fall back to regular shampoo / cond. during the week when I work then maybe use Wen on the weekends when I don't need so much time.

Thanks for any input you may have  Smiley Happy

______

Is there any way that you could wash and dry your hair the night before and then style it the next morning? 

I use Wen two, maybe three times a week.  When I know I have an early morning, I wash and dry the night before. I put it up into a high pony tail or "pineapple" to sleep upon. The next morning if I take a shower (to wake me up), using a shower cap, put on my makeup, and then style my hair. I have bust-length hair. 

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I cleanse daily and use WEN exclusively.  It takes no more time than when I used shampoo and conditioner, I spend more time using my Clarisonic on my face than I do on my hair.  I never, ever leave the first cleanse on the hair any time at all, that just lets any product I am trying to remove re-deposit iself on my hair, so it isn't really clean.  Rinse your first cleanse out immediately and fully, then apply the second cleanse, work it through, add some extra water to distribute all the way to the ends, or else only apply the second cleanse from midshaft to ends and don't apply to your scalp at all, if you are worried about your hair being "weighed down".  Finish doing all the rest of your shower, then rinse out your second cleanse, and add, at the very least, styling creme to protect your hair from the heat of drying and styling.  I like to mix equal parts of styling creme and cleansing conditioner together in my palms, then distribute it through my hair, as that way I am more sure the styling creme is well-disstributed and protecting all my hair (shoulder-length permed bob).  I think you will find significantly better results simply by rinsing out your first cleanse immediately, that alone will most likely fix the "weighed down" problem, since the old hairspray will be gone and will let the cleansing conditioner actually condition your hair, not just sit on the outside of the hair shaft, bind to the hairspray, and then not rinse out cleanly.

@CamilleP 

BINGO! I cleanse daily, not because of the length of my hair, but simply because I shower daily & it's a part of my routine.  The first cleanse should take no longer than a typical shampoo.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a fdaily cleasner @SandGirl but have unfortunately not found any short cuts, and cleansing with WEN does take longer for me than shampoo amd conditioner. 

I have found that the longer/more I gently scrub my scalp, add more water in, froth it up and repeat that process, the fuller and thicker my hair looks. 

I, too, wish the process was shorter but I get my best results when I take my time as described above. 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt