WEN

Super Contributor

Anyone ever mix styling cream with the Wen oils?

I'm just curious if I could mix the styling cream with the oils?  I have some breakage and split ends from highlighting and I'm wondering if that might help my ends during styling and make them less dry?

Has anyone ever done this?  If so, how does it turn out?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone ever mix styling cream with the Wen oils?

@Beeweaver wrote:

I'm just curious if I could mix the styling cream with the oils?  I have some breakage and split ends from highlighting and I'm wondering if that might help my ends during styling and make them less dry?

Has anyone ever done this?  If so, how does it turn out?

Hi @Beeweaver yes you can absolutely mix a few drops of wen oils with your styling creme. I do this on occasion when my hair needs extra help Smiley Happy  Also try adding a few drops of oil to your leave-in.  

bruingirl

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

Yes I usually mix Wen oil with the sc, especially right after coloring. My hair is slightly below my shoulders and I use 2 1/2 pumps of sc  with 2 drops of oil , mix together in my my hands, then rake it through my hair and twist through the last 3 ". 

Regular Contributor

Yes!  I do this after every cleanse. My hair is realy thick and so I always use three pumps of styling creme and about 8 drops of oil. I rub them together in my hands to get them well mixed and it turns out really well. 

If anything, I think it helps define my curls a little bit, but it also makes it feel super soft without being oily. 

Super Contributor

yep- it really helps with the definition of my wavey/curly hair! 

#IamTeamWen
Honored Contributor

Hi @Beeweaver, a number of Wenners get great results doing this. Smiley Happy

I have baby fine hair and, unfortunately, my hair gets weighed down if I add even a single drop of the Wen Treatment Oil to my styling creme (SC) leave-in. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for all the info.  You gals are great on here.  I did try adding 2-3 drops of oil this morning to my styling cream and just applying 1/2 way up my shoulder length hair.  It worked very well and it didn't weigh my hair down.  I have A LOT of baby fine hair.  It is damaged from highlighting so I will be using my stash of oils to do this everyday now.  I shampoo almost every day as I just like the feeling of fresh washed hair.  I will sometimes go 2 days but my hair never feels great to me when I do that.

Thanks again for all the great advice!!

And, if I have one more person asks me what I use on my hair and then tells me that Wen is going to make my hair fall out, I'm going to slap them silly!  I have been using it about 5 years and my hair has never looked better except for damage from highlights.  It is thicker than ever and very healthy.  I follow directions and always go to this board for advise.  Love my Wen!  I really wish Chaz would address this issue at some point to put it to rest. I think any hair product could make your hair fall out if you have an allergy to an ingredient.  Never had any issues with Wen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beeweaver wrote:

Thanks for all the info.  You gals are great on here.  I did try adding 2-3 drops of oil this morning to my styling cream and just applying 1/2 way up my shoulder length hair.  It worked very well and it didn't weigh my hair down.  I have A LOT of baby fine hair.  It is damaged from highlighting so I will be using my stash of oils to do this everyday now.  I shampoo almost every day as I just like the feeling of fresh washed hair.  I will sometimes go 2 days but my hair never feels great to me when I do that.

Thanks again for all the great advice!!

And, if I have one more person asks me what I use on my hair and then tells me that Wen is going to make my hair fall out, I'm going to slap them silly!  I have been using it about 5 years and my hair has never looked better except for damage from highlights.  It is thicker than ever and very healthy.  I follow directions and always go to this board for advise.  Love my Wen!  I really wish Chaz would address this issue at some point to put it to rest. I think any hair product could make your hair fall out if you have an allergy to an ingredient.  Never had any issues with Wen.

* bebe777 high fives Beeweaver * Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

@Beeweaver, I'm so glad that Wen has worked so well for you and I'm so glad that you're joining in all the Wen forum fun. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I do this all the time with good results.  I add the oils to many different styling creams, not just the wen styling cream and it mixes well.  For dry skin in the winter, I mix the oil with my lotions.  I never have problems with oily hair or greasy skin. The oils are very versatile. 

Trusted Contributor

@Beeweaver wrote:

@Beeweaver I have had this happen too! It was hilarious. First, she complimented me effusively. Second, she told me I would be bald in five minutes. LOL! No amount of explaining helped. I can't understand it. I would certainly understand if someone said that they were nervous to try it for this reason, but to tell ME about how MY hair is going to react in the face of evidence to the contrary is silly.