WEN

Regular Contributor

I was wondering what other uses people use the oils for other than hair treatments and washing their face. I'm really interested in seeing how these can work for me a little bit more, and I've never  used any oils for anything before so  I figured this was the best place to ask. 

What do you use Wen oils for besides hair treatements and washing face/taking off makeup?

Trusted Contributor

The oils are very versatile, you can use them in a variety of ways. I try to do an overnight oil treatment at least twice a week (I'm "marinating" in a combo of TT and Fig oils as I type 😃). I don't use the oils to cleanse my face, but I will occasionally apply three or four drops of TT to my fingertips and press into my face after I do my nighttime routine. Pressing works better than rubbing, lol. 

When my hair is long (several inches below my bra strap), I'll add a few drops of oil to my leave in CC. Or I'll add a drop or two to dry, styled hair, focusing on the ends. 

I'll also add a few drops of oil to my body lotion. I'm not crazy about the scent, so I'm slowly adding CA oil with lavender body lotion. The scents mesh pretty well, and my skin feels great! I also use them on my nails and cuticles, they're great for that. 

Seriously, the oils are awesome and can be used (practically) all over!

Esteemed Contributor

I also use it with my Wen body lotion after shower.  I use TT with Epsom salts in foot baths (swear by this).  I use it on my cuticles and on the top of my feet.  Sometimes I use it on the bottoms and "seal" it with j.marans balm in the winter months, cover with cotton socks.  For the past few weeks I started using it to remove my makeup.  There is always a bottle close by.  Sometimes I'll just rub a couple of drops In my hands and run it through my hair. Now with winter coming I'll be using more and more of.  

Respected Contributor

I use SAM oil for winter feet after the shower. I find this is one use that TT oil does not do as well,for. The main thing I use the oil for other than hair is on my face twice daily for normalizing my skin. I tend to get 'fried egg oily'. I put 3-4 drops of TT oil on my face morning and night. When I am consistent, my face stays much less oily.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for the responses! I appreciate them so much Smiley Happy  I am not sure how I'm going to use it next but I have been rubbing some into my forearms which are kind bumpy and dry and my skin already feels softer to the touch. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Alternate Uses for Oil

[ Edited ]

We don't have real fall and winter weather here but once it starts to cool down my arms always get extremely dry. I've been using a few drops of the Wen oils lately and they make the skin reaaly soft.

Aside from that I add the oils to my leave-in if my ends are a little dry.

Trusted Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

We don't have real fall and winter weather here but once it starts to cool down my arms always get extremely dry. I've been using a few drops of the Wen oils lately and they make the skin reaaly soft.

Slight side bar: I'm envious that you don't have fall or winter!

Respected Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

Slight side bar: I'm envious that you don't have fall or winter!

I kind of miss having real seasons. 80+ degrees in December just doesn't get you in the Christmas mood! Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

Fall & winter are my favorite seasons. I like being cool

Contributor

I have been using the pom oil in the following ways:

- Hair treatment at night/applied to the scalp

- Few drops after styling my hair to help with shine and little stray hairs

- Applied to my face (concentrating on the under eyes [got that idea from this board, thank you!!] PS-I cleanse my face with the pom cc

- Applied to my body after a shower or whenever my skin feels dry - I was recently on vacation and came back with several mosquito bites especially on my legs and the oil was a savior to my skin - after the first night of using it the little red bumps were not itching and virtual invisible!

I am obsessed with Pom anything! Well, Wen anything really.