WEN

Respected Contributor

I have fine curly hair - can get frizzy and read Albany's blog today re curly hair and decided to try her way of handling curly hair - need to ask should I stay with all one product of WEN - e.g. Six Thirteen cleanser, styling cream and mousse / or can you mix products?  Any re commendations for cleanser, styling cream, mousse gratefully received.  Never used WEN advice needed as it is not cheap.  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

If I were you, I would try the product recommender on Chaz's website (chazdean dot com). It will give you the best options for your hair type and is generally pretty accurate. 

You can use whatever products you like, in whatever way works best for you. If you've never tried Wen, start with the cleansing conditioner (CC) and work your way out from there. If you already have styling products that you use and like, you can incorporate those into your routine before you go "all Wen".  You can most definitely mix and match different Wen formulas with various ancillary products. 

My hair is fine in texture, but thick, tends to be a bit wavy. For cleansing, I love any combo of Tea Tree, Sweet Almond Mint, Lavender or Cucumber Aloe, with an occasional seasonal formula thrown in.  I very rarely use 613. I like both the mousse and styling cream, and use the Lavender ones most often. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with DoxieMomma, the recommender on Chazdean.com is great for getting a recommendation for a cleansing conditioner. The seasonals are also a great place to start because they are universal. I think you could use any of the scents for styling etc. They all work pretty much the same on my hair. I read Albany's post. She uses the cleansing conditioner as a leave in followed by the styling creme and the mousse. I think the summer coconut lime verbena styling creme and mousse duo is still available. There is also a great coconut lime verbena three piece set that includes the cleansing conditioner, replenishing mist and oil. The oil is great for adding in with the styling creme for extra frizz control. You can also use it to smooth flyaways as a finisher. The mist is great to refresh your curls. The oil is also great to use as an overnight scalp treatment. These two sets would be a great place to start if you want to go all in. If you are wanting to take it slower, just start with the cleansing conditioner. However, you can return items to qvc if you decide they are not for you. Good luck!!!

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Advice Needed re WEN

[ Edited ]

I could suggest either going with Chaz Recommender and what ever core CC is best for you. But I more would tend to recommend a seasonal Cleansing Conditioner now available - Summer Honey Peach. It is pretty much universal, did not see anyone posting anything negative about it, regardless of what different type of hair people have. It is moisturizing, leaves the hair tangle free and bouncy, and it smells great! 16 ounces or 32 oz are available untill the end of summer.

Trusted Contributor

My hair is also fine and curly, and I have a medium amount of it, so if something doesn't work I can see it in lank hair with a fuzz halo. Use that recommender! It is a great place to start. You can also go based on what you think my smell good and start from there. I watched Wen for months before ever trying anything, but when I saw Winter Vanilla Mint I had to go for it! My experience was that I had to try a few, and all were good except one spring formula that isn't even available anymore, but the Bamboo Green Tea and the Mandarin Italian Fig are like magic.
For what it is worth, I used Wen for a year before trying any of the other products. I used my previous hair products instead, and they worked even better with Wen. I sort of needed to prove that the price was worth it myself. IT IS!! Now I'm playing with the styling products and enjoying it.
On the price tip, I'm not finding that I'm actualy spending that much more on balance. I cleanse less, my hair requires fewer trims. At this exact moment I am indulging myself in trying a few things that I do not actually need and just want, so that is a few pennies, but if I strictly went on need I find it to be a little more than salon quality products I was purchasing at Ulta. I am not, however, ever impulse buying things to cheat good hair rather than actually having good hair.
Enjoy the journey!

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for all the help.  I checked the help on Chazdean.com as suggested and it came up Lavender -so this is a good place to start.  Ladies your help is invaluable thank you all.  Now starting my WEN journey!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Thank you so much for all the help.  I checked the help on Chazdean.com as suggested and it came up Lavender -so this is a good place to start.  Ladies your help is invaluable thank you all.  Now starting my WEN journey!

dulwich

Come on back and visit!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Lavender and tea tree are my favorites in the core line. I started my journey with lavender and never looked back. I hope you love it! Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor

@dulwich

I'd also like to point you in the direction of some kits that QVC offers. They are great to try out the various formulas!!!

#A267437

a267437.001.jpeg

Includes:

• 16-fl oz Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
  • Eight 2-fl oz packs of Cleansing Conditioner in Sweet Almond Mint, TeaTree, Fig, Cucumber Aloe, Lavender, and Pomegranate

#A217139

a217139.001.jpeg

• 16 oz Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner
  • 16 oz Tea Tree cleansing conditioner
  • 16 oz Pomegranate cleansing conditioner
  • 16 oz Lavender cleansing conditioner

Respected Contributor

@CaitlinH wrote:

@dulwich

I'd also like to point you in the direction of some kits that QVC offers. They are great to try out the various formulas!!!

#A267437

a267437.001.jpeg

Includes:

• 16-fl oz Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
  • Eight 2-fl oz packs of Cleansing Conditioner in Sweet Almond Mint, TeaTree, Fig, Cucumber Aloe, Lavender, and Pomegranate

#A217139

a217139.001.jpeg

• 16 oz Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner
  • 16 oz Tea Tree cleansing conditioner
  • 16 oz Pomegranate cleansing conditioner
  • 16 oz Lavender cleansing conditioner

I agree that purchasing either one of these kits would be a great place to start.   Since you already took the recommender you probably try the lavender.  Although I find it interesting that you got recommended lavender since I didn't like it at all and found it very drying even though I have very normal hair, not thick, curly, fine, etc.