WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: A day for experimentation?

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP wrote:

Now that I'm getting the styles I want with different combinations of products and tools, I decided to experiment with color.  I bought a tube of L'Oreal Colorista in Teal and gave myself some fine streaks.  Now to see if this "designed to wash out in 6-10 washes" stays longer with WEN, or if it's really just water-soluble no matter what other products one uses. 

@CamilleP, teal? Like real teal, blue green teal? I have to look this color up.

ETA: I am now on youtube searching the colors, they look fun. Did your color come out well?

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

Yup, blue/green teal, it's gorgeous!  The packaging didn't recomend it for grey or blonde hair, I suspect because it might appear so intense as to be shocking if one wasn't expecting it, but my dark blonde/light brown hair turned out fine.  One thing for sure, this color of blue does NOT make me look like a little old blue-haired lady, LOL!

Respected Contributor

I tried another experiment last night, using texturizing spray.  After cleansing I got out of the shower, towel-dried my hair, then re-dampened with TS.  Took small sections of hair, twisted them, then curled them around my finger and pinned them up in a sort of "double pincurl".  Not terribly uncomfortable to sleep on on a memory foam pillow.  This morning my hair was a soft mass of tight spiral curls, poof!  DH said it looked like I stuck my finger in a light socket, but he also liked it.  Given that my hair is board straight the rest of the time, this level of curl is nothing short of miraculous, and done with nothng more than TS and hair clips!  Chaz is a GENIUS!!!

Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP, glad it came out well. I viewed a youtube video of a girl with darker brown hair so the teal only showed up as a highlight except under certain lights, then it really popped. It was actually really pretty and because its temporary its a fun change. 

#IAmTeamWen