WEN

Super Contributor

9/5 what would you buy if you had no stash. :)

I am fairly new to wen and don't have any stash. Sounds like the Labor Day shows will give me lots of opportunitiess to stock up. Smiley Happy

I saw a post that there may be a special on the re- moist I am not familiar with the re-moist. Is there a difference between scents? Like the styling cream only the scent varies.  or is it more like the cc or oils where different scents have different properties

thanks

I got three of the TSVs so I I am set for CC, oil and RTM… Such a great starter package!

Are there any other products that I should definitely keep an eye out to try?  Want to make sure I'm prepared for the big shopping day!

Respected Contributor

Re: 9/5 what would you buy if you had no stash. :)

Hi Brdwygurl,  If I had no stash I would  get the sept. TSV!  For me it is the perfect combinaton of products.  I have not tried all of Chaz' products but I love the CC the SC and the Oils.  Just got delivery of my TT tsv and found out I love the RTM now too!.. I have tried the Volumizing Treatmet spray and it did not do much for me.  The same with the Re- moist.  I will use up what I've got but no more of that for me when there are other WEN products I love so much more.  My advice is to watch this board and listen to the ladies here.  They will stear you right as to what is an exceptional deal or outstanding performer for certain types of hair.  I got  TT and SAM on AD.  Still considering a FIG  but I may get some FTP since Fig is always available.  I'm looking forward to the shows!  Have fun!

Respected Contributor

@Brdwygurl wrote:

I am fairly new to wen and don't have any stash. Sounds like the Labor Day shows will give me lots of opportunitiess to stock up. Smiley Happy

I saw a post that there may be a special on the re- moist I am not familiar with the re-moist. Is there a difference between scents? Like the styling cream only the scent varies.  or is it more like the cc or oils where different scents have different properties

thanks

I got three of the TSVs so I I am set for CC, oil and RTM… Such a great starter package!

Are there any other products that I should definitely keep an eye out to try?  Want to make sure I'm prepared for the big shopping day!

It sounds like you already purchased a good amount of Wen to start with. I don't believe that you need to order anything else.  You need to decide if you like Wen and what formula is best for your hair before you order anything else.  My first order of Wen was a 16 oz of SMC and the POM/SAM duo.  What formulas did you order in the tsv and how did you decide what to order?  Did you take the recommender on the Chaz Dean site?  I just posted on the remoist thread that I don't use it very often but do the oil overnight treatments most often.  If your hair is very damaged you could benefit from a remoist treatment but it isn't really necessary. 

Super Contributor

My credit card thanks you for the responses Smiley Happy

I started using wen in June with a 16 ounce POM, that my hair liked. I also got the "coarse" multi set with a 16 ounce of TT, LAV and FIG. Wow is the fig awesome for my hair. Though it may be slightly too moisturizing to use every day. I've started just using it for my second cleanse with good results

My hair isn't colored or processed at all, so it's not in bad shape though a little dryer on the ends as I age. It's also a pretty wavy, unless I blowdry straighten it, and tends to get frizzy and poofy in humidity

I know from other products that my hair doesn't always respond well to extra protein. It became straw like when I tried keratin products. I tried some of a friends SHP and it was OK but not as good as the fig, on my hair.

Because of all the fantastic benefits of TT, and how much my hair like the fig I ordered two of the TSVs in fig and one in TT. I may switch one of the fig deliveries to Teatree or POM depending on how my hair responds.

How long does a 32 ounce usually last people? I have somewhat long hair, below my shoulders but above my bra strap, and wash my hair maybe three or four times a week.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brdwygurl for a brand new Wenner, you have been starting some great Wen threads and this one is particularly good!!! I'm so glad that you joined in all our forum fun!! Smiley Happy 

___

First, if I were starting from scratch... 

During non-TSV times, I just suggest that new Wenners start out with a cross selection of the Classic CCs. There's a variety box plus 16oz SAM CC that's currently at a $40-44 featured price. 

___

But since the September 5th TSV is right around the corner, along with some other great Wen values... well, since the prices are great, I'd take a slightly bigger plunge... 

* Tea Tree TSV (wheat based) -- mainly because most of the QVC hosts and models incorporate it into their routine. Most Wenners like/use it as well (I'm a huge fan). Generally the only complaint about TT is that it smells a bit medicinal. But when you see what it does for your hair, you get over that pretty quickly. 

* Pomegranate (POM) TSV (soy based) -- POM is a great choice you have celiac disease or if you are gluten sensitive (one in four people are gluten sensitive). POM is the only Classic CC that is not wheat based. It's a universal scent so it works on most Wenners (some people, including me, just don't like the POM scent that much). POM works well for my hair.

___

After that... 

From what I've read in this forum, most Wenners use the cleansing conditioner (CC) and the styling creme (SC). 

A lot of them also use the Treatment Oils and/or the remoist on a regular basis. 

The Replenishing Treatment MIst (RTM) seems to work best for people who have coarse hair (while it can sometimes weigh down baby fine hair). 

The TSV has the CC, SC, RTM and Oil all fro $65 which makes the TSV a convenient, one stop great value. Thank you, Chaz!!! Smiley Happy 

Since Dooters has just indicated that the 8oz remoist will probably be available on special offer, I would recommend that you just jump on that purchase (hot off the presses info from Dooters via @WenGirl42 in post #25 of the 8 oz ReMoist?  thread). -- The regular 4oz remoist regularly sells for $59 and almost never goes on sale. -- The 8oz supersize remoist has only been available two times in the past two years. Each time is has sold for $60 and has included the wonderful Wen comb!!! I would guess that this would be the price for this set on September 5th. 

In the Classic line, all of the remoists have the same basic formula. The only difference is what essential oils are used for each scent. This may slightly affect how each remoist works, but not much. -- For example, my hair loves the TT CC but the LAV CC turns it into a fur ball. I have both the TT and LAV remoists and they work equally well.  -- I think you can just choose your remoist by the scent you like best. -- That said, if you color your hair, if I remember corrrectly, some Wenners have suggested that you don't use the TT remoist. Evidently, that may drain a little of your hair color. 

___

One final impulse purchase... 

Frequently, Chaz will offer the (3) 16oz Seasonal CC trio together for $70-74 (with one $3 S&H charge). -- I'm crazy about all the Seasonals and a lot of Wenners feel the same way. This is an excellent price (about $$23-25 per bottle, usually they are $32-36 each). It's an excellent opportunity to try the Seasonal CCs.

Really that's all you need to start a stash!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Brdwygurl, I only have a wee stash myself (one unopened CC, one open gallon, one open 32oz, one open SC and one open mousse). I've tried the volumizer as well and didn't love it, but the other styling products are great. I'd say try the other styling products when you get a chance. I used a different styling product yesterday and realized how nourishing the Wen ones are. I think you can also just take it slow in terms of adding products.

Definitely stay tuned in on 9/5 for OTOs though! I missed a bunch in June that I would have tried if I had be more on point!

Trusted Contributor

It sounds like you're getting a really good start! I agree that there's probably not anything that you need 😃, probably best to stick with what you have and make sure you love the results long term. 

Wen typically offers TSVs three times a year; March/April, late August/early September, and early December. For the past several years, the Decmber TSV has been a set of five 16 oz CC (various formulas), made for "gifting".......yeah, right!! I think it's been around $80, which is an awesome value. If this pattern holds true for this upcoming December, you'll have a chance to try different formulas at a great price. 

As far as how long each bottle of CC lasts, I can't help you there. 😃 I use several different formulas and have a few different showers that I keep stocked with my favorites. I don't use one bottle exclusively, so I'm not sure how long one would last. 

I don't have the info, but I've seen a chart with the estimated number of pumps in each bottle. Maybe someone else can provide that info, then you can determine how long a bottle should last you. 

Respected Contributor

If I had no stash, I would definitely have gotten more than one TSV and in probably 3 formulas...POM & LAV in addition to the TT I did order. That's just an incredible price for products I already use.

It's a good set of basics for newbies, too!

Respected Contributor

@DoxieMomma wrote:

It sounds like you're getting a really good start! I agree that there's probably not anything that you need 😃, probably best to stick with what you have and make sure you love the results long term. 

Wen typically offers TSVs three times a year; March/April, late August/early September, and early December. For the past several years, the Decmber TSV has been a set of five 16 oz CC (various formulas), made for "gifting".......yeah, right!! I think it's been around $80, which is an awesome value. If this pattern holds true for this upcoming December, you'll have a chance to try different formulas at a great price. 

As far as how long each bottle of CC lasts, I can't help you there. 😃 I use several different formulas and have a few different showers that I keep stocked with my favorites. I don't use one bottle exclusively, so I'm not sure how long one would last. 

I don't have the info, but I've seen a chart with the estimated number of pumps in each bottle. Maybe someone else can provide that info, then you can determine how long a bottle should last you. 

The 32oz bottle of CC contains 192 pumps (for all formulas except 613, which has a higher-output pump). So @Brdwygurl, if you know about how many pumps you use each time, that will tell you how long your bottle should last Smiley Happy

Also, if you've only used 16oz bottles up to this point, those have 160 pumps, but the pump output is less than the 32oz bottles.  10 pumps from the 16oz bottle = 6 pumps from the 32oz bottle (that is the measurement for 1oz of product).  Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

I'd just buy my usual Wen kids CC now. I won't be buying the TSV, I mix my own oils so they don't irritate my allergies and I don't use the RTM. I don't really use the core CCs much. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval