WEN

Esteemed Contributor

@BExplorer. You know what? Maybe it is you, who can't smell it after awhile, because you've got used to it, and everybody else (and their mama) can? Just maybe. Have EVERYONE start smelling you. Periodically. 

Gee. Just visualized this for a moment, and thought - this would be for sure way for people consider to start isolating us, Wenners from a society permanently. Cat Very Happy

But seriously, I can't smell parfume on me shortly after I applied it, only occasionally, and only a tiny bit.

Trusted Contributor

Re: 613 EDP has arrived

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

@BExplorer. You know what? Maybe it is you, who can't smell it after awhile, because you've got used to it, and everybody else (and their mama) can? Just maybe. Have EVERYONE start smelling you. Periodically. 

Gee. Just visualized this for a moment, and thought - this would be for sure way for people consider to start isolating us, Wenners from a society permanently. Cat Very Happy

But seriously, I can't smell parfume on me shortly after I applied it, only occasionally, and only a tiny bit.

@sonechko you could be right!  I am not a big perfume wearer.  I usually wear scented lotion for fragrance and I can smell that throughout the day. I love the 613 scent and would wear the 613 NBT for fragrance but that is not long lasting, so I was hoping the EDP would be.  I will keep using it and have others do a sniff test on me 😄. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

This may just be one of those scents that you can get "nose blind" to after a few hours. I have been wearing the 613 EDT. I can't smell it on myself past an hour. However, one of my students told me I smelled good after I had put it on 6 hours earlier. I'm hoping I will like the EDP even better. Thanks for the review. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the staying power. Can others smell it on you? 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

This may just be one of those scents that you can get "nose blind" to after a few hours. I have been wearing the 613 EDT. I can't smell it on myself past an hour. However, one of my students told me I smelled good after I had put it on 6 hours earlier. I'm hoping I will like the EDP even better. Thanks for the review. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the staying power. Can others smell it on you? 

You could be right about being "nose blind" to the scent after a short amount of time.  I will wear it again tomorrow and specifically ask my family if they can smell it on me after a couple hours.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@sonechko you could be right!  I am not a big perfume wearer.  I usually wear scented lotion for fragrance and I can smell that throughout the day. I love the 613 scent and would wear the 613 NBT for fragrance but that is not long lasting, so I was hoping the EDP would be.  I will keep using it and have others do a sniff test on me 😄. 

Just don't ask them to pull your finger, first.👈

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Esteemed Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I am not a big perfume wearer either, unfortunately. I envy those who are though.

My girlfriend, she always was though - a perfume wearer. She used to wear perfume with such pride, and talk about them with such passion... I remember even her bully, good for only very little, husband, even he, on every appropriate occasion gifted her with a whole set of expensive perfumes she liked, in the box, complete with a body wash, creme, and body powder. She liked quite a few, so she had many expensive sets.

She taught me about layering.  I never got into it, even though I LOVE when fantastic smelling woman is passing by. I mean not smelling obnoxiously loud with cheap perfume, but smelling SO FINE, like you want to follow her, and actually KNOW her, because she becomes enchanting. Good smelling woman is like a magnet, and an epiphany of refinement. 

Not me. I always wanted a ONE, magic spray to do this entire job, without spending a lot of money on it either. So, getting into smelling THIS good like I enjoy on a few, is still in a realm of fantasy for me. Smiley Happy

p.s. Waiting for Chaz with his Lilac EDP. Who knows, maybe I could layer that!  CC body wash, Hair cleanse, Mousse, and RTM. And unscented NBT with a dash of a Lilac Oil. Hmmmm.....Yum. Oh! Where is a body talc powder?

Trusted Contributor

I've had the 613 EDP since yesterday. The first time I used it was before I went to bed, so I'm not sure how long the scent lasted. I sprayed it, on my wrists, early this morning and more than seven hours later, I can  smell a sweet scent with vanilla undertones. Butter cream frosting is the best way to describe how 613 EDP smells on me. 

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Yes, I did hear him say this too. To layer it with 613 NBT, spray with 613 RTM and spray with EDT (he was talking about EDT back then). I think, it would not hurt to wash a body with 613 CC as well, I'd say. 

I know, in a world of perfume, this is the way to do it - to layer. They have entire sets, specific scents body washes, body lotions, body perfumed powder, and only then - Perfume. Then, they say it would last like forever.

I use the 613 CC as my daily body cleanser and LOVE it!  I haven't thought about using this layering technique but I will this weekend!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

I've had the 613 EDP since yesterday. The first time I used it was before I went to bed, so I'm not sure how long the scent lasted. I sprayed it, on my wrists, early this morning and more than seven hours later, I can  smell a sweet scent with vanilla undertones. Butter cream frosting is the best way to describe how 613 EDP smells on me. 

The scent lasted for more than twelve hours, and ended with a soft floral note.

It's definitely a keeper! 😍

Respected Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

The scent lasted for more than twelve hours, and ended with a soft floral note.

It's definitely a keeper! 😍

This is great to hear! I should get mine Monday. I can't wait to smell it.

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!