WEN

New Contributor

I bought several gallons in June, but I can't fit them all on the shelf in my shower.  Is there anywhere to buy empty 32 oz bottles to fill and fit in my shower?  

Respected Contributor

Not WEN bottles, so far as I know.  I believe you can look for empty cosmetic bottles at places like "dollar stores" that might have pumps built in and you could label them with a felt tip pen for each formula.  You have my sympathy, I have no place in my shower at all where a gallon fits, if I have to take one into the shower it sits on the floor and I hope I don't trip over it!

New Contributor

Thanks!  I will see. 

Respected Contributor

Re: 32 oz Bottles

[ Edited ]

removed due to being told that is it is not valid

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Are you really saving so much for buying a gallon? Especially if you have to go out and buy bottles to put it in?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 32 oz Bottles

[ Edited ]

@TheMemphisVette  

The pumps pictured are not going to pump anything as heavy as WEN CC.

@Bhvbum 

Yes.

@txwysiwyg 

I'm a WEN user, but I don't buy gallons for many reasons.

I wouldn't store open gallons in the bathroom anyhow. It's usually a warm, damp room.

A gallon container is going to be open for a loooong time.  In your situation I would store them on a shelf in a cool, dim basement (or in a closet), and simply pump what I need for one Wenwash into a Dixie cup or similar container, and take only that into the shower with me.

@World Traveler

I think you wrote something on another thread about not using the gallon pump.

Something about you thinking the pump introduced more common air into the bottle, whereas pouring the cc into smaller containers would expose the gallon's contents to less potential contamination. 

Hope my paraphrasing is clear.

Anyhow, the reverse is true.

The best thing you can do is put the clean, opened pump in, and always keep the gallon bottle upright.

This exposes only the uppermost surface of cc to common air, as the pump stem draws from the bottom of the bottle.  

But everytime you take the cap off and tip the gallon to pour, you expose a much larger surface of both cc and the interior of the bottle to common air, more and more as the total goes down and you're pouring by holding the bottle sideways.

From the first time you do this, the exposed cc and the pristine cc below the surface mix together when you stand the bottle back up.

How many times do you do that before you get to the bottom of a gallon?

(Which might take a few years.)

This isn't intended to be sterile, but rather a way to minimize product exposure to contamination after removing the seal, with goal of extending product's stability.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@TheMemphisVette  

The pumps pictured are not going to pump anything as heavy as WEN CC.

@Bhvbum 

Yes.

@txwysiwyg 

I'm a WEN user, but I don't buy gallons for many reasons.

I wouldn't store open gallons in the bathroom anyhow. It's usually a warm, damp room.

A gallon container is going to be open for a loooong time.  In your situation I would store them on a shelf in a cool, dim basement (or in a closet), and simply pump what I need for one Wenwash into a Dixie cup or similar container, and take only that into the shower with me.

@World Traveler

I think you wrote something on another thread about not using the gallon pump.

Something about you thinking the pump introduced more common air into the bottle, whereas pouring the cc into smaller containers would expose the gallon's contents to less potential contamination. 

Hope my paraphrasing is clear.

Anyhow, the reverse is true.

The best thing you can do is put the clean, opened pump in, and always keep the gallon bottle upright.

This exposes only the uppermost surface of cc to common air, as the pump stem draws from the bottom of the bottle.  

But everytime you take the cap off and tip the gallon to pour, you expose a much larger surface of both cc and the interior of the bottle to common air, more and more as the total goes down and you're pouring by holding the bottle sideways.

From the first time you do this, the exposed cc and the pristine cc below the surface mix together when you stand the bottle back up.

How many times do you do that before you get to the bottom of a gallon?

(Which might take a few years.)

This isn't intended to be sterile, but rather a way to minimize product exposure to contamination after removing the seal, with goal of extending product's stability.

i removed it.  carry on with your expert knowledge.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Why remove it, @TheMemphisVette ?

While Chaz tends to favor dense products, I have lots of things that would work in a pump bottle exactly like that. Now I'm sorry I didn't copy your post.  😞