WEN

Valued Contributor

319 first cleanse wvm second

I have a new holygrail combo!

Today I did 319 alone first and wvm second.  I added wvm as a leavein and 319 sc.  Wowza!!  

So what are your tried and true combos that you know will work every time?  

Honored Contributor

Re: 319 first cleanse wvm second

@Thia-Winter wrote:

Today I did 319 alone first and wvm second.  I added wvm as a leavein and 319 sc.  Wowza!!  

@Thia-Winter, what a great thread!! Smiley Happy Thanks for starting it!! Smiley Happy

lol, clearly you are in cahoots with @HSB1204 to get me to try this new and mysterious 319 CC. Smiley Wink

I'm glad is worked so well for you !!! Smiley Happy

If I remember correctly you had been using the Mandarin Italian Fig CC, and then it's Fragrance Free (FF) twin for your first cleanse. -- SInce these are my current "go to"first cleanses, lol, I've really got to try the 319 CC now!!! Smiley Wink

___

I've tried ever single Wen CC except for 319, Wen Kids Apple (WKA) and Wen Kids Strawberry Banana (WKSB)... though I have tried the Wen Kids Watermelon (WKW).

My "go to" first cleanse -- Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF), or it's Fragrance Free (FF) CC twin. -- they both perform equally well on my hair. 

My second cleanse -- The Seasonal of the Moment (I randomly rotate in all 12 Seasonals), Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), Wen Men and 613. 

___

MIF and FF actually work the very best on my hair, and my hair would probably look a little bit better if I consistantly just used them for both cleanses. -- That said, I just adore the luxurious, aromatherapy, spa experiences that the Wen Scents give me... so I'm constantly changing up the CC for my second cleanse. Smiley Happy

I also think that there probably is a benefit to constantly changing up my second cleanse. -- This way my hair and scalp don't ever seem to get intothat single formula rut which I have heard so many people talk about.

___

Also, my 613 CC is my personal hair rescue remedy. Smiley Happy If I haven't been keeping up with my overnight scalp treatments or if my hair seems to be a bit out of shape, one all 613 cleanse brings my hair right back into shape!! Smiley Happy

Once every 2-4 weeks, I also do an overnight 613 hair (as opposed to scalp mask). -- It's fine if some of the 613 CC gets on my scalp, it's just that the mask is to benefit my hair since the "Wen on steroids" 613 CC has the most concentrated 11 amino acid complex of all of the CCs in the Wen product line.

Some people (especially those with either healthy hair or think/coarse hair) don't use 613 CC that often because the amino acid complex can make their hair brittle (if used too often). -- While my genetically challenged, porous, baby fine hair doesn't have that issue, I've found that the magical benefits of 613 CC can only do just so much for my hair and that these benefits seem to plateau fairly quickly when I used 613 CC on a regular basis for a few weeks. 

I think it's the bamboo water complex, which is in the rice-based Restorative line (especially MIF and FF) that gives my hair it's best results on a daily basis. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Thia-Winter wrote:

@Thia-Winter, what a great thread!! Smiley Happy Thanks for starting it!! Smiley Happy

lol, clearly you are in cahoots with @HSB1204 to get me to try this new and mysterious 319 CC. Smiley Wink

If I remember correctly you had been using the Mandarin Italian Fig CC, and then it's Fragrance Free (FF) twin for your first cleanse. -- SInce these are my current "go to"first cleanses, lol, I've really got to try the 319 CC now!!! Smiley Wink

___

I've tried ever single Wen CC except for 319, Wen Kids Apple (WKA) and Wen Kids Strawberry Banana (WKSB)... though I have tried the Wen Kids Watermelon (WKW).

My "go to" first cleanse -- Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF), or it's Fragrance Free (FF) CC twin. -- they both perform equally well on my hair. 

My second cleanse -- The Seasonal of the Moment (I randomly rotate in all 12 Seasonals), Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), Wen Men and 613. 

___

MIF and FF actually work the very best on my hair, and my hair would probably look a little bit better if I consistantly just used them for both cleanses. -- That said, I just adore the luxurious, aromatherapy, spa experiences that the Wen Scents give me... so I'm constantly changing up the CC for my second cleanse. Smiley Happy

I also think that there probably is a benefit to constantly changing up my second cleanse. -- This way my hair and scalp don't ever seem to get intothat single formula rut which I have heard so many people talk about.

___

Also, my 613 CC is my personal hair rescue remedy. Smiley Happy If I haven't been keeping up with my overnight scalp treatments or if my hair seems to be a bit out of shape, one all 613 cleanse brings my hair right back into shape!! Smiley Happy

Once every 2-4 weeks, I also do an overnight 613 hair (as opposed to scalp mask). -- It's fine if some of the 613 CC gets on my scalp, it's just that the mask is to benefit my hair since the "Wen on steroids" 613 CC has the most concentrated 11 amino acid complex of all of the CCs in the Wen product line.

Some people (especially those with either healthy hair or think/coarse hair) don't use 613 CC that often because the amino acid complex can make their hair brittle (if used too often). -- While my genetically challenged, porous, baby fine hair doesn't have that issue, I've found that the magical benefits of 613 CC can only do just so much for my hair and that these benefits seem to plateau fairly quickly when I used 613 CC on a regular basis for a few weeks. 

I think it's the bamboo water complex, which is in the rice-based Restorative line (especially MIF and FF) that gives my hair it's best results on a daily basis. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 yes we are doing our best lol!

Yes, you are correct, I was using ff or mif for my first cleanse.  I started with bgt but when those two came out, all bets were off!  Like you I get the same results from both mif and ff, and if I want a little bit more cleansing I use bgt first cleanse still.  I don't plan on repurchasing bgt or mif once they're gone as the FF is perfect for me all around.  But I still have a lot of bgt in particular to go through!  I've been using it more for my skincare and shaving and stuff, but my youngest likes the smell too, so she will help there.  My plan is to stick with 319 or FF for my first cleanse and wvm and smc for the second.  I like clv but not as much as smc so will probably only keep a little onhand if any.  I do plan on maybe trying the new seasonals. 

I hear you on the seasonals.  I'd love to be able to use all of them but just cant.  At least I have a few that work!   

With your fine, porous and if I remember right, curly hair, it makes sense 613 works for you.  Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, which means 613 is the highest in protein.  I don't know that 319 has as much, otherwise it may not work as well for as many people as it is.  Curly, fine, porous hair (my exact hair type but I have a ton lol) loses protein easily and it needs to be replaced.   We also struggle with holding moisture.  Thicker, coarser hair doesn't lose protein so quickly and if you put in too much with your hair products you get brittle hair from the moisture loss as the excess protein pushes the needed moisture out.  End result?  Crunchy hair.  Nothing a little rtm won't fix, or a remoist.  Thus 613 and higherprotein products are magic for people with hair like yours.  

Btw I agreewith you on the bamboo comples, it's magic too, and I'm convinced my hair grows its fastest with it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish I had one that worked just the same everytime...

I have to say back when I had FAS, that would of been mine..

I cleanse everyday so alot of times just do one cleanse, but that

CC just always gave me the same happy hair..

If Chaz ever brings FAS back you can bet the truck would be backing up to my door..Smiley Happy

@Thia-Winter Glad you found a great combo!  @bebe777  and Bebe our hair sounds so similar in texture and the porous part...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

If Chaz ever brings FAS back you can bet the truck would be backing up to my door..Smiley Happy

@Thia-Winter Glad you found a great combo!  @bebe777  and Bebe our hair sounds so similar in texture and the porous part...Smiley Happy

@quadmimi, lol, misery loves company... and it looks as though we both lost the genetic hair lottery. Smiley Sad

On a more positive note, since you figured this out, at least we can share hair care strategies. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thia-Winter wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Thia-Winter wrote:

___

___

___

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Yes, you are correct, I was using ff or mif for my first cleanse.  I started with bgt but when those two came out, all bets were off!  Like you I get the same results from both mif and ff, and if I want a little bit more cleansing I use bgt first cleanse still.  I don't plan on repurchasing bgt or mif once they're gone as the FF is perfect for me all around.  But I still have a lot of bgt in particular to go through!  I've been using it more for my skincare and shaving and stuff, but my youngest likes the smell too, so she will help there.  My plan is to stick with 319 or FF for my first cleanse and wvm and smc for the second.  I like clv but not as much as smc so will probably only keep a little onhand if any.  I do plan on maybe trying the new seasonals. 

I hear you on the seasonals.  I'd love to be able to use all of them but just cant.  At least I have a few that work!   

With your fine, porous and if I remember right, curly hair, it makes sense 613 works for you.  Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, which means 613 is the highest in protein.  I don't know that 319 has as much, otherwise it may not work as well for as many people as it is.  Curly, fine, porous hair (my exact hair type but I have a ton lol) loses protein easily and it needs to be replaced.   We also struggle with holding moisture.  Thicker, coarser hair doesn't lose protein so quickly and if you put in too much with your hair products you get brittle hair from the moisture loss as the excess protein pushes the needed moisture out.  End result?  Crunchy hair.  Nothing a little rtm won't fix, or a remoist.  Thus 613 and higherprotein products are magic for people with hair like yours.  

Btw I agreewith you on the bamboo comples, it's magic too, and I'm convinced my hair grows its fastest with it.

@Thia-Winter, you are an angel!!! Smiley Happy Thank you som much for going through all of this with me. It's a HUGE help!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Since I started using Wen and started finally chatting in the Wen forum -- lol, after having been a lurker in the shadows for a number of years... *bebe777 waves to all the Wen lurkers * -- slowly but surely, I've gotten a much better understanding of how to describe my hair, what my hair challenges are, and how to use Wen products to get my very best Wen hair days. Smiley Happy

___

Last summer I did a 3-day weekend 613 Wen hair mask Wexperiment. 

I had a hunch that my hair was in such dire shape that that could probably take mega doses of 613 CC and come out just fine. -- Now I'm NOT even suggestion that anyone else should try this (because it could make your hair brittle and break), but decided to keep a 613 CC mask on my hair for three days straight. -- Literally every 3-4 hours I would add even more 613 CC to my hair (though I tried to keep it away from my scalp) and I slept with 613 CC in my hair at night. 

The results of this three day experiment were that my hair did look a bit better (as compared to when I had done one of my overnight 613 hair masks), but it did not look that much better... it was only a small incremental change... and my hair was soft and luxurious... and not even a little bit brittle or straw-like.

I actually did this experiment to prove to myself what I had already suspected... that I had soooo lost the genetic hair lottery that amounts of 613 CC that might make other Wenners hair brittle (and more prone to break)... well they were just not an issue for me... because my hair would do well with a 24/7 613 IV drip. Smiley Wink

Well, at least that clarified what I had always sort of known about my hair. Smiley Wink

___

Later in Fall 2015, Chaz challenged Wenners to use 613 CC exclusively for one month and then notice how it made your hair look. 

Well, I went into overdrive and took an all 613 CC challenge for three months. -- After maybe 2 weeks the benefits to my hair just plateaued. I didn't have any brittle or straw-like issues... but I didn't see increased benefits either.

And that's when realized that the bamboo water Restorative CCs (specifically Mandarin Italian Fig & Fragrance Free) were giving me my best hair results on a daily basis. 

___

@Thia-Winter, you mentioned that: 

Curly, fine, porous hair (my exact hair type but I have a ton lol) loses protein easily and it needs to be replaced.   We also struggle with holding moisture.

Thank you so much for that great observation!!! Smiley Happy

This explains why my hair I'm a Wen Restoratives, Seasonals, Wen Men & 613 girl. Smiley Wink

lol, and why using 2 1/2 to three pumps of Wen Styling Creme (SC) as part of my leave in -- and I don't have a lot of hair -- seems to be a good thing. Smiley Happy

Thia, thanks again!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Thia-Winter wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Thia-Winter wrote:

___

___

___

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@Thia-Winter, you are an angel!!! Smiley Happy Thank you som much for going through all of this with me. It's a HUGE help!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Since I started using Wen and started finally chatting in the Wen forum -- lol, after having been a lurker in the shadows for a number of years... *bebe777 waves to all the Wen lurkers * -- slowly but surely, I've gotten a much better understanding of how to describe my hair, what my hair challenges are, and how to use Wen products to get my very best Wen hair days. Smiley Happy

___

Last summer I did a 3-day weekend 613 Wen hair mask Wexperiment. 

I had a hunch that my hair was in such dire shape that that could probably take mega doses of 613 CC and come out just fine. -- Now I'm NOT even suggestion that anyone else should try this (because it could make your hair brittle and break), but decided to keep a 613 CC mask on my hair for three days straight. -- Literally every 3-4 hours I would add even more 613 CC to my hair (though I tried to keep it away from my scalp) and I slept with 613 CC in my hair at night. 

The results of this three day experiment were that my hair did look a bit better (as compared to when I had done one of my overnight 613 hair masks), but it did not look that much better... it was only a small incremental change... and my hair was soft and luxurious... and not even a little bit brittle or straw-like.

I actually did this experiment to prove to myself what I had already suspected... that I had soooo lost the genetic hair lottery that amounts of 613 CC that might make other Wenners hair brittle (and more prone to break)... well they were just not an issue for me... because my hair would do well with a 24/7 613 IV drip. Smiley Wink

Well, at least that clarified what I had always sort of known about my hair. Smiley Wink

___

Later in Fall 2015, Chaz challenged Wenners to use 613 CC exclusively for one month and then notice how it made your hair look. 

Well, I went into overdrive and took an all 613 CC challenge for three months. -- After maybe 2 weeks the benefits to my hair just plateaued. I didn't have any brittle or straw-like issues... but I didn't see increased benefits either.

And that's when realized that the bamboo water Restorative CCs (specifically Mandarin Italian Fig & Fragrance Free) were giving me my best hair results on a daily basis. 

___

@Thia-Winter, you mentioned that: 

Curly, fine, porous hair (my exact hair type but I have a ton lol) loses protein easily and it needs to be replaced.   We also struggle with holding moisture.

Thank you so much for that great observation!!! Smiley Happy

This explains why my hair I'm a Wen Restoratives, Seasonals, Wen Men & 613 girl. Smiley Wink

lol, and why using 2 1/2 to three pumps of Wen Styling Creme (SC) as part of my leave in -- and I don't have a lot of hair -- seems to be a good thing. Smiley Happy

Thia, thanks again!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 you're very welcome! 

Your wexperiment went well!  Yes, after a certain point your hair just won't absorb it anymore.  And yes that totally explains it!  

Honored Contributor

* bebe777 high fives @Thia-Winter * Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi, lol, misery loves company... and it looks as though we both lost the genetic hair lottery. Smiley Sad

On a more positive note, since you figured this out, at least we can share hair care strategies. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Lol @bebe777 , i fight dry ends worse than anything else due to the curl i guess.

But much better with Wen the than anything else i have tried!

And Wen is just so much fun..Smiley Happy

* Off topic but Hubs last a sugar readings at Dr, so good she said he can stop the med!

(I know the cinammon has had huge part). Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

Lol @bebe777 , i fight dry ends worse than anything else due to the curl i guess.

But much better with Wen the than anything else i have tried!

And Wen is just so much fun..Smiley Happy

* Off topic but Hubs last a sugar readings at Dr, so good she said he can stop the med!

(I know the cinammon has had huge part). Smiley Happy

@quadmimi, congratulations!!! That's wonderful. I'm so glad that Andrew Lessman's Procaps cinnamon has helped. -- A good friend of mine who is a diabetic has also gotten great results using Andrew's cinnamon supplements. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy