WEN

Occasional Contributor
After using the 613 Styling Creme for years I ordered the 319. I know it is frangrance free but it is strange because I don't like the way the 319 smells without the added frangrance. I didn't expect that. It's hard to describe but maybe almost like glue? Has anyone else experienced this?
Occasional Contributor

Re: 319 Styling Creme scent?

Plus, I purchased this from eBay so a little nervous about whether it is authentic based on the odd scent ...
Trusted Contributor

@Ilene67 :I tried the body moisturizer in 319 after having used and loved the scent of 613. No scent? I sure got a strong scent and really didn’t care for it. Maybe he means no added scent. It took me a long time to use it up since I didn’t care for the scent. There definitely was one. 

Esteemed Contributor

You sent me on a sniffing adventure, @Ilene67 .

I have 319 open in CC, mousse, SC, GS, dry oil, NIBT, RTM, and body cleanser.

It's fair to say they all smell differently from one another, because the scent of each product's ingredients comes through.

Of the 319 group, the SC smells worst, by far.

RTM and then dry oil follow. 

Mousse & GS have (almost) no smell.

NIBT and CC have a faint, pleasant, citrusy odor.

The body cleanser smells so nice I use it as a calming face mask on irritated skin.

Maybe try mixing a little oil or RTM into the SC in the palm of your hand?

Esteemed Contributor

@Sadiesadie 

Fragrance free and unscented have entirely different meanings. 

I see both terms used incorrectly in posts and critical product reviews.

An unscented product has nothing added just to add a fragrance, but does have a masking agent added to 'hide' the scent of the ingredients from our brain.

A fragrance free product hasn't had anything added just for the purpose of adding fragrance, but you will smell the product's ingredients.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your very helpful replies. @x Hedge, the results of your 319 "sniffing adventure" are so interesting especially since the SC smells the worst to you by far. Like glue, right? I guess my eBay purchase is probably authentic but I just don't like the way it smells.
Occasional Contributor

@x Hedge, I hope you don't mind another quick question. Since you have an open 319 SC, do you notice that the product appears milky white vs. the clear gel of the 613 SC? I thought that was odd too. Thanks again.
Esteemed Contributor

@Ilene67 

I spread 319 SC on the back of my hand a couple of minutes ago (much thicker than I'd spread it onto my individual hairs). It was odor free before it was dry.

So I wonder if that has to do with a spreading agent that dissipates when it's no longer needed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ilene67 wrote:
@x Hedge, I hope you don't mind another quick question. Since you have an open 319 SC, do you notice that the product appears milky white vs. the clear gel of the 613 SC? I thought that was odd too. Thanks again.

That's been questioned here in this forum before, and the milky vs clear is normal.

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge : Yes and that is exactly the scent I did not care for. If it’s a masking agent it did not set well with my nose. Ah well, we all react differently