WEN

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife Don't touch my Tea Tree!

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Okay, explain this to me like I'm a four year old.  I think we get four deliveries including the original order.  Is that right....hit one for yes and two for no!  hahaha  LOL!  Just kidding.  ug.  Okay now, am I correct in assuming that we get two winter sets, one summer and one spring.  That would make four in all.  I would love it if we could have gotten a fall set.  I do appreciate the wonderful deal though. 

World Traveler, could you elaborate on this?  I'd really appreciate that.  Thank you for all you do.

@77yangya 

😄

Well, for a four-year-old you're pretty observant!  More so than me!  I didn't even look at the A-D details and just assumed it was three shipments as usual.🤦‍♀️

That just goes to prove there is no such thing as a silly question.  You never know who else you're helping out too! 👍

By the way, I like the four shipments better than three at this price!!👍😉

Regular Contributor

I just bought the Treatment set on A/D.  I am actually glad it was available on pre-order because I don't watch QVC as much as I used to anymore.  I will try to watch shows on youtube when Chaz is live and if I see something I like I'll buy to help his quota.  Though I think it is unfair for Chaz, because it is his brand and at the end of the day not a lot of people watch TV anymore.  

Honored Contributor

@glam_girl wrote:

I just bought the Treatment set on A/D.  I am actually glad it was available on pre-order because I don't watch QVC as much as I used to anymore.  I will try to watch shows on youtube when Chaz is live and if I see something I like I'll buy to help his quota.  Though I think it is unfair for Chaz, because it is his brand and at the end of the day not a lot of people watch TV anymore.  

@glam_girl 

Chaz has said before that if you aren't able to watch and order when he's on live presenting, please do so at your convenience.  Yes, it's better for him if he gets more orders while he's on air, since that affects how often and how much airtime he gets.

But all WEN sales count in his favor--no matter how or when they're ordered.  So your order will go toward his sales quota.

I'm sure that @World Traveler has more detailed information than I on this subject, but do know that Chaz realizes not everyone can order when he's on air.  But he doesn't want that to keep you from ordering when you can!  And while he has these great values for us!😉👍

Honored Contributor

@geezerette @glam_girl 

Only the items purchased while he is presenting count toward his sales quota. Meeting or succeeding that quota has a DIRECT result of how many times he will be asked to return and during the returns it also affects how many times during that day he is presenting.

You can purchase any WEN item during his time on the TV; doesn't have to be what he is presenting to count toward his quota. For instance, if he is presenting the body cream, you can purchase anything else, like his oils, and it will count towards his quota. It is the WEN brand that counts.

Yes, he gets "credit" as far as making money for any product that is sold, no matter if he is presenting or if it is like today, no WEN presentations. But that type of credit is way different from his sales quota credit.

I find that the very people (not you guys) who complain about him not being on QVC often enough are the very ones who openly post that they purchased products BEFORE he was presenting, because they thought the item might sell out. They figure just one purchase by them won't matter, but sometimes that is all it takes to reach or no reach his quota as established by QVC. 

Personally, I don't think it is fair to the vendors to establish a sales quota on them for just a certain day/time, and then turn around and offer the products on pre-sale. Know what I mean? I asked him about that once, and he said he totally agreed, but that was their rules....pre-sale TSV purchases do NOT count toward his required quota. Smiley Frustrated

I have said this before and I am going to say it again.....where there is a will, there is a way. If you really want to help him out, you can find a way to do it. I have traveled all over the world to 61 countries, many times (particularly during June gallon month) when I am 8-10 time zones different from QVC. Before I leave I get his schedule and figure out what time he will be on while I am out of the country, and then order during those times. Not hard to do at all. Sometimes it has meant I set the alarm for 1:00 in the morning! ha! But usually it is a decent time of day and I just get on my iPad and order.

I have even excused myself from a meeting (have to go to the bathroom, right?) to go place an order while he was presenting items. There I am in the stall, using my phone to order. I have even done it during a meeting with other people around, because everyone has their heads down, looking at their laptops or taking notes that way. Perhaps they are doing the same thing! ha!

Hope this helped clear up any question about how the quota works. I have not heard that QVC has changed it, so I assume it remains the same. Next time I go to the salon, I will ask. But since Chaz specifically asked on Facebook that we not order (if we can wait) until he is on, that not only tells me this is still the rule, but that this time it is really important to him.

He may be hoping for a TSV in December, and it takes around 30 days before they get back to him with the actual sales numbers/quota. At least, one time I was there in a July, I asked if he was going to have a September TSV and he said he was still waiting to hear what his numbers were from the June gallon month. If he met or exceeded the quota, he would be able to have the TSV in September. And that year he did! Smiley Happy

This shows you why IT Cosmetics, Dooney and Bourke, Josie Maran, etc. are on so often. Their products really sell, so they are asked to come back over and over; and in the case of Dooney and Bourke particularly, it is usually for two-hour segments. I saw them have 3 or 4 hours once! And their handbags are not cheap!

Honored Contributor

On another note, sometimes it costs Chaz personally the cost of shipping/handling when he offers FREE shipping. Depends upon who requests it. If he agrees to it, then it is out of his pocket. When you hear how many items are sold, thousands, and he offered free shipping, that is $3.50 (or more) that he didn't make on each item.

Sometimes QVC offers free shipping. If that happens, then it is out of their pocket. 

If it is a free shipping day on everything at QVC, then it is a QVC cost, not the vendors presenting that day.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

On another note, sometimes it costs Chaz personally the cost of shipping/handling when he offers FREE shipping. Depends upon who requests it. If he agrees to it, then it is out of his pocket. When you hear how many items are sold, thousands, and he offered free shipping, that is $3.50 (or more) that he didn't make on each item.

Sometimes QVC offers free shipping. If that happens, then it is out of their pocket. 

If it is a free shipping day on everything at QVC, then it is a QVC cost, not the vendors presenting that day.

@World Traveler 

I thought that the sales off-air were a different type of "quota", or counted somehow differently but I couldn't remember exactly how.  I guess it's just counted as to whether or not QVC carries a product at all, rather than how much airtime is allotted to the vendor.  I have to admit that it does make sense to me, since if I were in QVC's position I wouldn't want to use up valuable airtime on vendors and their products that weren't selling during that time.  Although I do think those products and vendors that are on air on a specific day should have any of their sales made that day counted toward their on air quota, since sometimes I like to do more research or make up my mind when that particular vendor isn't on air.  Anyway, their company, their rules.

I do order while Chaz is on air.  Not usually during the first TSV presentation, but normally during some of the off-hour presentations the next day when I figure many people aren't ordering.  Not only are those time normally more convenient for me, but I like to think the more orders he gets during those hours, the more likely it is they'll continue to have him on during the day.

I did know about the free shipping being on Chaz.  Most of his products aren't that much to ship, but it does make a difference.  Especially if I'm ordering multiple products on one day.  So I appreciate his generosity.

As always, thanks for the detailed information @World Traveler.  And for reminding all of us how to show our loyalty, and keep Chaz coming back often!

By the way, might I take a moment to say "Thank You" to all you ladies who voted your little fingers off for WEN this year in the Customer Choice Awards.  Chaz finally won in some of the categories he should have for years--like the UNIBT!  I've voted for that every year so many times and always been disappointed he didn't win for that.  But this year I was very happily surprised!👍👏

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@World Traveler 

I thought that the sales off-air were a different type of "quota", or counted somehow differently but I couldn't remember exactly how.  I guess it's just counted as to whether or not QVC carries a product at all, rather than how much airtime is allotted to the vendor.  I have to admit that it does make sense to me, since if I were in QVC's position I wouldn't want to use up valuable airtime on vendors and their products that weren't selling during that time.  Although I do think those products and vendors that are on air on a specific day should have any of their sales made that day counted toward their on air quota, since sometimes I like to do more research or make up my mind when that particular vendor isn't on air.  Anyway, their company, their rules.

I do order while Chaz is on air.  Not usually during the first TSV presentation, but normally during some of the off-hour presentations the next day when I figure many people aren't ordering.  Not only are those time normally more convenient for me, but I like to think the more orders he gets during those hours, the more likely it is they'll continue to have him on during the day.

I did know about the free shipping being on Chaz.  Most of his products aren't that much to ship, but it does make a difference.  Especially if I'm ordering multiple products on one day.  So I appreciate his generosity.

As always, thanks for the detailed information @World Traveler.  And for reminding all of us how to show our loyalty, and keep Chaz coming back often!

By the way, might I take a moment to say "Thank You" to all you ladies who voted your little fingers off for WEN this year in the Customer Choice Awards.  Chaz finally won in some of the categories he should have for years--like the UNIBT!  I've voted for that every year so many times and always been disappointed he didn't win for that.  But this year I was very happily surprised!👍👏

@World Traveler 

One more thing that I forgot:  

Do you know if the 'sales' come out of Chaz pockets too?  Like the current 20% off sale?

It seems to me you've mentioned that before too, and, as usual, I forgot!🤗😆

Honored Contributor

@geezerette Agree with you about the same day of the week vendors. Not sure, though, if they are all owned by QVC. Is Susan Graver bought out by QVC? I know Denim and Company is a QVC brand, as is Anybody, and some others. They don't need to pay the vendor, just the suppliers I guess. Not sure how that works.

Another thing I should have mentioned. This is just me, though. I think the very LEAST I can do for Chaz is to purchase when it benefits him the most. He has consistently given us outstanding prices on his products (remember the insane lower-than-usual prices of the gallons this year?) and many times does free shipping.

If all he is asking of me/us is to purchase these great deals during his presentations, then it is a very small thing compared to the what he does for us. Not only price wise, but the awesome changes in my hair since starting with WEN products. Heart

Honored Contributor

@geezerette  Oh, good question about the 20% off, if it comes out of Chaz's pocket. I really don't know. I'm trying to think if I have ever heard that before, and I don't think I have. But since he was giving 20% off his products on his website, perhaps it is out of his pocket on QVC too. Hmmmmm.......that would be a good Facebook question. When I get a chance, I will ask.