Valued Contributor

when is cheapest time to fly to eroupe

when is the best time to go? went to go there in a year or two looking for cheap travel idea for my anniversary in two years. 

Honored Contributor

Re: when is cheapest time to fly to eroupe

We've found November or March to be the best times for most places in Europe.  Weather is decent, fewer crowds, more reasonable costs.

Trusted Contributor

We've gone there for the past three years in May, and it's been nice.  I've noticed that the prices go up in June, and that's when the weather starts to get hot too.  Remember that their version of air conditioning is not the same as ours; just a light breeze over there!  Prices are really low during the winter, if you like that kind of weather.

Esteemed Contributor

If you keep away all holidays, especially school ones, you should be fine.  January and February are usually good for prices.

Respected Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

We've gone there for the past three years in May, and it's been nice.  I've noticed that the prices go up in June, and that's when the weather starts to get hot too.  Remember that their version of air conditioning is not the same as ours; just a light breeze over there!  Prices are really low during the winter, if you like that kind of weather.

Agree about Europe in early May.  Niece and I travelled  as soon as her college was out (May 10) and prices were still cheap and the weather was just about perfect.  Also agree with the A/C comment - it's also one of the comments I've heard a few times on House Hunters International shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

The cheapest time hands down is late fall or before spring. The air fares go up markedly as soon as April/May hits and don't decline until October/November.