Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever rented a car from Costco?  Comparing prices to AAA,  their's are about 1/2 price!  I need to fine tune my reading of the fine print to make sure there are no hidden fees.....

Respected Contributor

I never did, but I would.  Love Costco!

Esteemed Contributor

I've rented from Costco many times. Prices are great and never had a problem. 

Respected Contributor

Check:  fee for second driver ?  Decline automatic toll pay!

Opt for full tank of gas prepaid so no stop needed at gas pump....it is cheaper !  Check for Rakuten cash back if available.  Free upgrade available at check in time ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

we always go through AAA.

they cover all of us who want to drive, even those under the age of 25.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Does Costco have a fleet of rental cars?  Or do they cooperate with one of the rental car companies?

Esteemed Contributor

You go to their website, pick the car and price you want and it will list what's available at all the companies they deal with. Avis, Hertz, Dollar etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Check:  fee for second driver ?  Decline automatic toll pay!

Opt for full tank of gas prepaid so no stop needed at gas pump....it is cheaper !  Check for Rakuten cash back if available.  Free upgrade available at check in time ?

I'm going to rent a car in November, which is something I rarely do. Why should I decline the automatic toll pay?  (I guess I'm not even sure where I'm going has tolls, but good to know regardless!)

Thanks for the reminder to check out Rakuten (or similar sights.) I'm usually good at remembering, but there are some things I don't even think about checking out!

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl , I have been renting through Costco for decades.  Free upgrade if available, free second driver.  Best prices.  You can do it through their website or use a code at major car rental places.  LM

Super Contributor

WE have many times Great place and reasonable rates.Advice. if you decide to rent from them book your car then about once a week or so (depending on your time) go back and check rates again

Rate do fluctuate.