Honored Contributor

Re: travel to new york during thanksgiving

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Travone Actually, it means exactly that. Check out NYS's covid-19 travel advisory site. The O.P. would be stuck here for 14 days,  

@Buffalogal47 , I just looked at the NYS travel advisory.  I live in Ohio and that is a state on the advisory list.  Therefore, if I were to travel to NY, I am supposed to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.

NY is not on Ohio's list so when I returned back to Ohio, there would be no quarantine.  

NY has 41 states on its advisory list.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva : I live in NY State. My children live in different states: North Carolina and Colorado. Both states are on Cuomo's hit list. If I go to visit either of them, I won't have to quarantine there, but I would have to quarantine for 2 whole weeks upon returning home. They would have to quarantine for the 2 weeks if they visit me. So, guess whp's spending the holidays alone this year.

Respected Contributor

Cuomo changed the rules. Now you have to test negative three days prior to entering NY, quarantine for 3 days and get tested on the 4th day. If negative, you are free to roam, if positive you must quarantine. I can see how you could enforce this with air travel but not car travel.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

@evelyner wrote:

Fly to Newark and drive in to NY

I live in NJ and this is bad, dangerous advice!  NJ also has 14 day quarantine on out of state visitors.  

I live in NJ as well.  This is why we can't get this virus under control with attitudes like this.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Ohio is on NY's list but NY is not on Ohio's list.  If I chose to go to NY, I am supposed to quarantine upon arrival for 14 days.  However, a negative Covid test would get you out of that quarantine. 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Ohio is on NY's list but NY is not on Ohio's list.  If I chose to go to NY, I am supposed to quarantine upon arrival for 14 days.  However, a negative Covid test would get you out of that quarantine. 

@Lipstickdiva - you still have to quarantine even if you have a neg test.  The incubation period is 14 days.  

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

@evelyner wrote:

Fly to Newark and drive in to NY

I live in NJ and this is bad, dangerous advice!  NJ also has 14 day quarantine on out of state visitors.  

I live in NJ as well.  This is why we can't get this virus under control with attitudes like this.  

@Stray  As well as Gov Murphy expects "everyone" to do the right thing. Roll Eyes.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just read this on The Points Guy- new rules in effect November 4th.  Change to 14 day quarantine requirement.

Copied from their post:
Travelers who have been in another state for more than 24 hours are required to provide a negative COVID test taken no more than three days before departure. Once in New York, a three-day quarantine is still required and will end once another COVID test is taken and comes back negative. Travelers who have spent less than 24 hours in another state are required to complete New York’s traveler information form and get a COVID test four days after arrival in New York.

In the event a positive test result comes back, the visitor will have to isolate and the state will initiate contact tracing.

Respected Contributor

Please stay home.  People need to learn how to sacrifice a little.  Your health is more important than a holiday!