Valued Contributor

travel to new york during thanksgiving

I will be going to new york for thanksgiving to see family. but not sure if it is worth it because they say I have to stay there 14 days because my state is one they want a 14 day quartine? I cannot stay 14 days there. should i not go?

Honored Contributor

Re: travel to new york during thanksgiving

Not if you can't stay for that state's 14 day quarantine policy.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

And, the quarantine doesn't mean you just have to stay there for 14 days.  You have to stay inside wherever you are staying for 14 days....and you should be away from people.  It doesn't do any good for you to quarrantine if you are going to give the virus to people who are not quarantining.

Respected Contributor

You answered your own question. Can't stay 14 days so why would you consider going to NY? As cases rise in NY Cuomo shuts down area codes. Who knows what NY will be like at the end of November?

Respected Contributor

if you are coming from an area that requires quarantine because of high infection rates, why are you considering traveling to New York?
They are trying very hard to keep their state safe, so follow the rules, or don't go.  And ask yourself why is your state in such trouble?

Esteemed Contributor

The OP asked a reasonable and straightforward question and received assistance. 

They probably didn't expect to be scolded for their state's infection rate.  The lack of tolerance on these boards!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too have this problem.  We are leaning toward staying home this year.  It seems this whole thing is getting worse.  I know we are all sick of it, but I guess this isnt the time to let up.  Since every Dr on tv is saying we are in for a bad season with the onset of winter and the flu season ,Id rather be prudent, stay home and hope we will be on our way to recovery . Caution is the word, weve been to long doing this now, lets not screw it up and extend it!!

And just on another note..we live in a resort area with many tourists thru all seasons. I cant tell you how many times I see questions from tourists that ask "do we have to wear masks when we are there?"

WHAT????  Yes you have to wear masks!!  This maybe your vacation, but people live here, go to school here and work here.  We are experiencing the same thing you are wherever you live.  WEAR your mask!

Esteemed Contributor

Check if you can enter freely.  If not, ask yourself why your state is on their list.

Trusted Contributor

@tockerman  ?? You answered your own question. You can't stay, so you can't go. What's to decide?

F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

my state does not have a high rate of virus? illinois have under 4 precent? if there is a high rate I would not go. if it does not change I am not going.