Respected Contributor

I am tempted but the cute fasteners on each piece look like they could break off when luggage is tossed around.  Anyone else feel this?  Otherwise looks like a very nice set.  Opinions please.

Respected Contributor

Re: samantha brown luggage ts

I agree. Those small "spinner"wheels do not appear to be able to hold up from baggage handling at the airport.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks pretty but that is as far as I go since I cannot feel or use them.  I like to handle luggage  before I buy it.  Wheels are really nice except they make it harder to fit in bins or underseats.  And sometimes they really are not that stable for the long haul.  That extra tab bet it will catch on something and break or tangle.  Just saying.  The review are either super wonderful or horrible.  Main complaint I see is zippers. I look on Google for reviews and I check carefully.  There are times when the review is not as it seems to be. Some are paid or fabricated.  Thus I spend lots of time before I buy anything.  

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl I have a 21" carry-on with the doctor's tote in a basketweave that wasn't around for long. I get compliments on the luggage at the airport when I use it. However, I got a matching 28" suitcase, and the side handle broke off when I was bringing my suitcase down the stairs at 3 a.m. on my way out the door! I need to give that thing away because it was too hard for me to carry without the handle all over Italy for two weeks. If it was a smaller bag, it wouldn't have been a problem. 

I know that a lot of people are happy with her luggage, but I won't buy another bag from her. The wheels on my carry-on also don't roll as smoothly as my Delsey (I think?) bag that's the same size. 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi

I had a handle break on me once and the maintenance man at the hotel put 3 thin electrical ties on it so that I could use it as a handle.

I now carry a bunch of those in every suitcase just in case it happens again.

Electrical ties.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@pinkmochi

I had a handle break on me once and the maintenance man at the hotel put 3 thin electrical ties on it so that I could use it as a handle.

I now carry a bunch of those in every suitcase just in case it happens again.

Electrical ties.jpg

@VaBelle35 Great tip! The handle is long gone, but that's a great tip for traveling in the future. Smiley Happy