Super Contributor

My husband has been ask to go on a deep sea fishing trip this fall. It will be out of Braderton/Sarasota area.

I am not going fishing.Woulddike a place to stay that is hopefully on the water and balcony.

I don't plan to drive in the area so a few shops around would be nice to walk to..

It doesn't matter if it is in Tampa area as my husband said to stay where I can find something to do during the day.

We have stayed in Tampa The  last time  Clearwater/Treasure Island area.

Any suggestions out there?

thanks in advance

Esteemed Contributor

May I recommend editing your title to help focus the reader?  Many people have been to the area, but may not open your post without knowing what specific area you are talking about.

There's been a few topics that I'm not sure will help you since I personally haven't been to the area (only stayed overnight in Tampa for a cruise).  

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Travel/Stay-in-Sanibel-or-Captiva-Florida/td-p/4293310

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Travel/Tampa-area/td-p/3718209

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Travel/Sarasota-Siesta-key-longboat-key/m-p/3709972#M912

Respected Contributor

Re: place to stay

[ Edited ]

Greater Bradenton/Sarasota is a pretty large area, with a LOT of places for fishing expeditions to depart from. From the northern tip of Anna Maria Island (Manatee County/Bradenton area) to the southern end of Sarasota county it's about 60 miles! WIthout knowing exactly where the trip is departing from, it's impossible to even begin suggesting an area nearby. Once you know where it's departing from, then Trip Advisor can help you narrow down your choices. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

If he is fishing out of Sarasota/Bradenton...Why not stay in spectacular Sarasota/Bradenton? Siesta Key has the #1 beach in the country. 

It's is hard to recommend places to stay since I am native and live here, thus I never have to stay in hotels etc. 😁

But, once you know if you want to stay in a hotel, condo or house and your budget, definitely shop around and read reviews on Trip Advisor and Help. Being right on the beach may be important to you with restaurants and shopping in walking distance ...Siesta key will be more expensive than Lido Key. Lido Key is not as crowded as Siesta Key (crowded is subjective). The sand is different also. Anna Maria Island is beautiful too but more limited depending on activities as it is more secluded.

City of Sarasota is less expensive but not on the beach 2 miles away. 

Have fun researching!

Respected Contributor

Re: place to stay

[ Edited ]

Tampa is hours away - I wouldn't think you'd want to stay there.  Same with Clearwater, St. Pete Beach, etc. 

Bradenton Beach is charming.  Lots of nice shops, restaurants, bars, etc.  

Sarasota is a bit of a drive from Bradenton - heavy traffic - I'd stay closer to whereever he's fishing from - either Bradenton Beach or Siesta Key/Sarasota.

Anna Maria Island is fabulous and right in between but definitely more secluded/quieter.  

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Tampa is hours away - I wouldn't think you'd want to stay there.  Same with Clearwater, St. Pete Beach, etc. 

Bradenton Beach is charming.  Lots of nice shops, restaurants, bars, etc.  

Sarasota is a bit of a drive from Bradenton - heavy traffic - I'd stay closer to whereever he's fishing from - either Bradenton Beach or Siesta Key/Sarasota.

Anna Maria Island is fabulous and right in between but definitely more secluded/quieter.  

Bradenton Beach is on Anna Maria Island. It's the southern most of the 3 small towns (along with Holmes Beach and Anna Maria) on the island. My beach place is on the island. Bradenton Beach would be a good choice if the fishing trip goes out from nearby, but the OP really needs to find out more through her own research before those familiar with the area can provide much assistance. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Been to all of them many many times.  But I misspoke - Longboat Key is between Sarasota and Bradenton Beach.