Respected Contributor

I am looking for a new piece of luggage to use as my checked bag. I'm not sure about getting a 25 inch or a 29 inch. I want it to be as light as possible so i can meet the weight restrictions. Any suggestions? I don't want to pay a fortune and am looking at Travelpro.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: checked bag suggestions?

I'd double check the TSA bag size rules.  I thought the size was smaller than what you want to buy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@reiki604  Osprey....carry-on backpack/suitcase combo with wheels.  You will pay, but it will be worth it.  I don't check luggage, but Osprey is the best checked or carry-on.

Respected Contributor

i use travel pro exclusively.

25 inch is plenty large enough for extended travel needs without incurring overweight charges.

the 4 spinner wheels are a must.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@reiki604  Osprey....carry-on backpack/suitcase combo with wheels.  You will pay, but it will be worth it.  I don't check luggage, but Osprey is the best checked or carry-on.

thans for the suggestion but I am going on an 11 day cruise and then 3 days in Quebec as well as a 7 day cruise with 3 days at a beach resort. I need something more than a carryon.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Regular Contributor

Try IT Luggage.  Extremely lightweight and holds up well. We purchased it in anticipation of a 13-day Alaska Cruisetour.  Largest piece is 31" and weighs only 5.5 pounds.  

Honored Contributor

I too am a Travelpro fan.  25 inches is plenty big for the trip your planning.  It is much easier to maneuver and handle than 29.  Personally, I could do that trip with a 21 inch carryon and tote given the great materials clothing is made out of these days--easy wash/dry and no iron.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

thans for the suggestion but I am going on an 11 day cruise and then 3 days in Quebec as well as a 7 day cruise with 3 days at a beach resort. I need something more than a carryon.

@reiki604  I went on a two week road trip to Western Canada with 3 other people.  We all agreed to just take a carry-on due to space restrictions.  I took a clean outfit for every day, long pants and a shirt, and did it using dual-use Space Bags.  They are the kind you press or roll or sit on to get the air out.  Remarkably,  my clothes were not wrinkled either. 

If you fill a 25" or larger bag, it's almost impossible to avoid overweight charges. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Once upon a time, I let a shopping companion talk me into buying a 29" for a longish European trip.  It was awkward and heavy, and I was so happy to get home and unpack.  But I was even happier when the squirrels that invaded the attic ate away at its edging and I could easily justify a 25" replacement.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a Swiss Gear from Target.  It survived Bejing and India.