Respected Contributor

Re: anyone going out of town during the hoilday

Not going anywhere.  Nowhere to really go.  I live in NY.  A friend of mine tried several times to go to an upstate park.  They got there early but it was already at capacity and they were turned away.  Tried a nearby hiking trails, they were closed.  Restrooms closed too, as previously mentioned. Local authorities were rather unfriendly in comminucating to them. I think they don't want the NYC people telling all their friends to go flood the upstate communities.  

Valued Contributor

i fully understand. I will not be getting out of the car just drive around the area. My daughter lives in NYC and it ready to go somewhere other then her area. 

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

NY is still closed for the most part.  Yes, you can take drives here and there and go to state parks which are open.  My concern is if I'm too far from home, where do I stop to use a restroom?  Even the ones in the parks are closed.  Don't mean to be so blunt, but I have to think of these things.  

That has kept me close to home too. 

I don't know if gas stations have open restrooms or not. I would think so. And open stores, like groceries might as well. We could always rely on a fast food restaurant for a restroom break if nothing else, but even those aren't open inside in Ohio yet. 

And I'm not a fan of public restrooms anyway, even less right now. Not much of a way to social distance if there are people in all stalls. 

@Jaspersmom 

Honored Contributor

My family has a christening scheduled in NY (Long Island) for the end of June )rescheduled from March and again in April) so we're all waiting to see what the various states do.  I would be driving up from Virginia, so my route will depend on the restrictions for each state and if I still have to self quarantine for 2 weeks in NY when I get there or VA when I return.

It's a fluid situation right now.  This christening may be on her birthday at this rate ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

NY is still closed for the most part.  Yes, you can take drives here and there and go to state parks which are open.  My concern is if I'm too far from home, where do I stop to use a restroom?  Even the ones in the parks are closed.  Don't mean to be so blunt, but I have to think of these things.  

That has kept me close to home too. 

I don't know if gas stations have open restrooms or not. I would think so. And open stores, like groceries might as well. We could always rely on a fast food restaurant for a restroom break if nothing else, but even those aren't open inside in Ohio yet. 

And I'm not a fan of public restrooms anyway, even less right now. Not much of a way to social distance if there are people in all stalls. 

@Jaspersmom 

@Mominohio  Restrooms have been closed in our grocery stores, gas stations etc. The reason being people taking any toilet paper in the rest room. On the rolls or any supplies. We can't go inside any fast food restaurant. Must use the take out window.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Our state (Michigan) is still on lockdown through May 28th. I'll be staying home--which is fine with me.