Highlighted
Valued Contributor

anyone going out of town during the hoilday

I am planning on going downstate on a nice river driving trip. Just an overnight trip. along the mississipi river not sure if anything will be open but will enjoy a nice trip for one day. will camp if need and pack my own food. anyone else doing this 

Honored Contributor

Re: anyone going out of town during the hoilday

NY is still on pause until May 15 if not longer, not all that much is open, we might enjoy our backyard and be gratiful that we are alive and well 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in a significant tourist town and nothing is open, no restaurants, hotels, etc.  

We were initially a hot spot for such a low population because of the tourism, but that turned around completely once the Governor closed everything up the start of the 2nd week of March. Now we are in line with the rest of the state.  Those early weeks sure put the religion into our honoring the stay at home and it worked.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband has cabin fever and we may take a drive next weekend, its suppose to rain this weekend. It won't be an all day event or spending the night. Just to get him out of the house for a few hours. 

I hope you have a happy, safe time, @tockerman.

Respected Contributor

Can't really make any plans this far out where I live.  I don't know if it will be swimming weather or skiing weather.  Today will be in the 60's and a big snowstorm is predicted for tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

We are still on lockdown here but fingers crossed our Governor is supposed to ease into phase one of reopening the state tomorrow.  (RI)   I am praying she doesn't extend.  It would be nice to take a drive to the ocean and be able to park and walk the beach.  My daughter went last weekend and the beaches of course are closed with orange pylons along the waterfront road with ample signs "no parking" .   All cars had to keep moving as the police were everywhere.  It just would be nice to be able to social distance along the water while being able to get out of the car!

Trusted Contributor

NY is still closed for the most part.  Yes, you can take drives here and there and go to state parks which are open.  My concern is if I'm too far from home, where do I stop to use a restroom?  Even the ones in the parks are closed.  Don't mean to be so blunt, but I have to think of these things.  

Esteemed Contributor

We are not going out of town, but are considering a picnic at the lake near our home, since many of our state parks reopened May 5th. I never thought I would miss the crowds there.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on the weather. I love a good drive! Pandora, sun roof open.... gas stations nearby because of what another poster said! Enjoy your drive. May you have good weather. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Depends on the weather. I love a good drive! Pandora, sun roof open.... gas stations nearby because of what another poster said! Enjoy your drive. May you have good weather. 

The thought of stopping at a gas station restroom turns my stomach.  Friends returning to NY from FL had to stop along the way on I-95.  I'll just say it was filthy and leave it at that.  I just can't do that.