Valued Contributor

anyone buying plane tickets now for later in the year

airplane tickets are so cheap now. I bought some tickets later in the year and they were really cheap. anyone buying tickets for the hoildays now

Honored Contributor

Re: anyone buying plane tickets now for later in the year

@tockerman No how, no way. Not taking a chance being crammed into a plane with people whose health may be compromised. To each their own.

Honored Contributor

No, I have been looking for a cheap fare for my son who is going to Las Vegas for a wedding in October.  The fares are sky high.  No bargains in sight.

Honored Contributor

Yes, DH just got tix to NYC in December and they were $70 cheaper than they were yesterday.  It pays to check out airfares on a regular basis since they change from day to day.

Plus any tix booked until the end of April, I think, are fully refundable.

Plus, if things aren't back to normal by December or even October, we're in big trouble.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

No, I have been looking for a cheap fare for my son who is going to Las Vegas for a wedding in October.  The fares are sky high.  No bargains in sight.

i was checking out las vegas in october also.......bwi to las with the taxes is running around $320. not great, but not horrible. southwest

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

No. I don't fly the LCC's and I don't generally book more than 90 days out. At some point this summer I hope to be flying into upstate NY to do some hiking. I've got a west coast trip planned for September and then will head back to the beach towards the end of October, but nothing purchased yet. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie 

Strongly suggest that you try a travel agent.  They know all the bargins that the public are not aware of.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Carmie  October is a prime convention time in Las Vegas.  Wouldn't expect to see too many bargains for that month.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought tickets for my January Rwanda trip. I was happy with the cost and the flights (through Amsterdam with KLM, which I’m familiar with.)

I’m also planning on a trip to Hawaii in November that I hope I can use Southwest points on. Yes, I’m thinking of actually going via Southwest! Flights not on sale yet - and really have to wait for Hawaii to open back up. I am also concerned because some people said they may not allow point purchases, but haven’t looked to confirm this yet. Have time.

I am still on a plane to Paris in July - but they changed my flight from nonstop to one with a 40 minute connection through Dallas. I’m pretty positive that change makes it eligible for refund vs credit and makes it a little easier to cancel the trip. Will reschedule the trip to 2021.
Respected Contributor

The latest FlyerTalk newsletter had an article about some of the great deals on international air fares that are available for later in the year. I can't post the link because of the advertising, but you can read it on their website if you're interested. Or just go fare hunting on your favorite airline's website! I know it's a gamble booking out 6-7 months, but if you're willing to do it, go for it!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~