Trusted Contributor

We love to cruise!  Looking in to one for next year sometime!   Do you have a favorite cruise line and if so which one and why? 

We lean towards Holland America because we have had nothing to complain about with them!  With others we have such as food, service, and entertainment on board!

Would love your input!Woman Wink

Occasional Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Cruise Line!

I just went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in early June. The ship was older and one of the smaller ships but I thought the service was great. Everything was clean and everyone was very helpful. I would definitely use them again. I was on a Celebrity cruise a few years ago and everything was great but from what I have read and talking to people from my most recent cruise, they said they have gone downhill. I prefer smaller ships and don't need a ton of activities to keep myself busy. I would love to hear more about Holland America and Norwegian Cruise Line.

Honored Contributor

I agree with HAL!  We will be "4 star Mariners" after our next cruise which we'll be on next Friday.  We've been on NCL which is OK and we'll be doing a cruise with them in January.  Also been on Carnival which I consider a "party" ship and would not cruise with them again although the food was excellent.

I used to like Celebrity but we had a major problem with them and will never cruise with them again.

I would love to try Crystal, Oceania or one of the other upscale cruise lines. 

Bon voyage!

Esteemed Contributor

We've cruised plenty on the usual lines (we like 2 week to 1 mth repositioning cruises the best).  We really like Celebrity best, followed by Royal Carribean and Princess.  Don't like Carnival and was very disappointed in Holland America (we took 1 mth cruise from Rio to NYC and cruise wasn't well thought out plus food was routine at best and washers and dryers for passengers were 90% not working for entire cruise-- kept saying "parts are on the way").  This was smallest ship in their fleet--we went 1000 miles up the Amazon and back.  Celebrity has always treated us perfectly.

Honored Contributor

Celebrity - first, second and third, Carnival and NCL are tied for the very very last place, never again

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NCL Golden Princess to Alaska

First class all the way. Large balcony. We went there on our honeymoon and DH has called me his princess ever since. Hence my name Princess from Oklahoma.

Valued Contributor

We have started cruising again and found that we love Viking.   We did a crusie to the West Indies right after the hurricane, their cruise ships are small compare to the other lines.  Love that they are small and not a lot of people. We have a trip planned in Dec. for the Christmas markets on one of Viking riverboats.   All excited to try a riverboat cruise, have never been on one.

Honored Contributor

Since I retired 18 yrs ago, I take 2+ weeks cruises.  That being said......

When I want a relaxing time I love the Royal Caribbean.

Party time it's Carnival.  I need to go straight to Royal Caribbean to recover from Carnival.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

We’ve done three cruises all on Holland America. Alaska, Scandinavia/Russia/Germany and Australia/Tasmania/New Zealand. We like Holland America because it seems to be more adult orientated. Very few kids and what kids that were there were older. I think on one cruise there were a total of two under 18.

Respected Contributor

#1 Princess/Carnaval

#2 Holland America

#3 Royal Carribbean