Trusted Contributor

Re: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks

@Vanna66 I went with my son, mom and her boyfriend to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons in October of 2016. The snow had started falling, and most of the tourists were gone. I loved seeing the snow on the bison's beards! We also saw bears, so bring your camera. There is a large walking trail where Old Faithful is so that you can see tons of mud pits, geysers and pools, as I recall. We went on so many trails that I can't remember exactly which is which! Smiley Happy There are some spectacular colors in some of the pools that you can't miss. None of the hikes we did were strenuous, and there are often boardwalks or decomposed granite on the trails. 

Have a great time!

Respected Contributor

Re: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks

Hidden Falls - Jenny Lake - Teton National Park.

A small ferry takes people across the lake to the trails over there, the loop trail that goes to the falls basically circles around back to the boat dock. Easy hike. 

The boat ride itself crossing the lake gives you a whole different perspective of the mountains and the  beauty of the area.

There is a fee per person. And, the ferry schedules are good, not alot of wasted wait time on either end that we ever encountered anyhow.

Have a great trip!! 

-Texas Hill Country-