Esteemed Contributor

Re: Winter Visits -- Where Would You Land?

@Kachina624  Been there, absolutely beautiful!!    I think I would rather be there in the summer though, winter months  maybe Baham's or Jamaica.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills  You are so correct about early reservations. In December 2017 we made reservations for late Dec 2018 through the first week in January. Great price. I work in education and have these days off. We're wanting to see just how cool the temps are in winter. Blue Mountain Beach area, not far from Seaside.

Our friends travel to lower FL, so its good to hear from someone who is familiar with 30A.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Probably somewhere in Southern California! 

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal.  I hate hot, humid tropical climates and would vastly prefer to enjoy a snowy climate in winter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Yes I am sure it has a special charm in the winter months!!   We recently traveled to Yellowstone National park and it was in July!   It got down to the 30's each night and would warm up to the 70's during the day.  Never was hot there....  Quite a range of temps and vastly beautiful!   I believe most of the park (also Grand Titons) is actually closed during the winter.      That might be one you would enjoy, very rustic though.......the hotels don't compare to the Chateau  Lake Louise!!

Frequent Contributor

Coronado California.  I love it there.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

@Kachina624  Yes I am sure it has a special charm in the winter months!!   We recently traveled to Yellowstone National park and it was in July!   It got down to the 30's each night and would warm up to the 70's during the day.  Never was hot there....  Quite a range of temps and vastly beautiful!   I believe most of the park (also Grand Titons) is actually closed during the winter.      That might be one you would enjoy, very rustic though.......the hotels don't compare to the Chateau  Lake Louise!!

@LindaSal.  I've been to Yellowstone a couple of time, last about 2 1/2 years ago.  We stayed one night at Old Faithful Inn.    We found the facilities in the park to be run down and over-used.  I'd been there before and found it to be in a sad state.  I hope they get the money they need to fix it up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Aruba, Hawaii, San Diego... something warm,cheerful with good food ...

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake...I have always wanted to go somewhere warm in the winter for no longer than 1 month....we may be retiring so it might be a possibity now.

The reason we would pick Florida is because we can drive it in two days.

My question is...not trying to be nosey but do you have any idea what it costs to rent a place for a month?  Do you get a hotel, extended stay hotel or what.  I have NO experience in how to do that sort of thing...any advice?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Hi. Panhandle is a tad cooler, but much less expensive since it is off season. Still warm enough for walks on the beach, bike rides, golf... 14 hour drive for us and we visit Southern family along the way. We're from Midwest / Prairie Plains in western Missouri. Check out floridasnowbird.com and vrbo.com (vacation rental by owners) for less expensive extended condo or home rentals. Also check out http://www.waltoncountysnowbirds.com/meetings.html

to participate in an active community of retirees - designed for winter visitors. Inexpensive to join and many activities to select from. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau