Contributor

Wholesale Vacation Clubs?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the responses. 

I did hear from a friend who belongs to a vacation club and loves it.  Told her to save her breath, not interested.

She doesn't like to actually take the time to find vacation deals, and I find that kind of fun myself.  I can take hours doing research and enjoy doing it. And there are good deals out there if you take the time to really look.

She's the type who wants someone else to do all the work, so this is perfect for her.

What's good for one isn't necessarily what's good for someone else....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wholesale Vacation Clubs?

If you just mail me $11,000 I will be happy to manage your reservations.  Of course there will no low price guarantee.  We will also need to keep away from blackout dates, overbooking and locales you do not even want to go to.  There still be fees for additional concierge services, multiple rooms, more than 2 star hotels, children and landing fees.  Oh, you want to eat?  We have a fee for that too.  And much more small print.

Run don't walk.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

We were the first to leave the presentation....

And the rep told us we wouldn't be invited back again.  I told him I didn't care...his demeanor got a little frosty at that point, not the super friendly guy he was at the beginning. Smiley Tongue

Spoiler
Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Friends of mine have timeshares and seem to use them and do well with them.  Personally, after going to a couple of such presentations, no way would I sign up.  Yes, definitely read the fine print, if they offer to give you a written agreement.  There are a lot of pitfalls as the previous poster mentioned.

Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a time share...get away fast.

Honored Contributor

It's a timeshare.  Just be honest with yourself and don't get caught up in the presentation. It sounds like the run of the mill timeshare sales presentation that so many of us have attended many times and some of us (like myself) got roped into because we fell for the glitzy sales pitch. 

Contributor

Not  a time share very different.  We did not get caught up in this - we walked away.  I was just curious as to whether anyone belonged to a wholesale vacation club.  We did not fall for this so I don't need advice.

Honored Contributor

Plenty of information all over the internet about these so called vacation clubs.

And since you can't even remember the name, you can't research it yourself.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would never been interested in such a program.  It is much, much cheaper to just plan a vacation and go when and where you want to.

The one time fee of almost 11k is crazy.  

How can they show you retail fees? Impossible.  I have traveled a lot domestically and internationally and I know that travel expenses fluctuate wildly.  

I live in PA, I once found a five day deal to Waikiki, HI which included airfare and a really nice hotel for $349 a person.  Airfare to Hawaii alone is about $800 to $900 a person. My DH, my youngest son and I went.  It was a steal!

if you check the travel sites everyday, you can find once in a lifetime deals too.  They are out there.  No need to pay someone big money to save money.

Honored Contributor

you might want to read the previous threads about those trying to get out of timeshares, which it sounds as though thats what you were listening to .